Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Blood @ The 3 Arena 26/11/17

Options
  • 16-05-2017 9:49am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭

18485980_1328347537230571_1302800623833100052_n.jpg?oh=f90e474d107c44c5941a5075f73c9779&oe=5976DA0C

No prices on ticketmaster that I can see, though 98fm.com reporting prices starting at €32.50. On sale 26th May.

http://www.98fm.com/Royal-Blood-Announce-3Arena-Show-

Caught them last time they played here in the Olympia and they were top notch.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Way too big of a venue for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

D.Q wrote: »

Love the boards.ie positivity on the first reply to the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

D.Q wrote: »

It'll be curtained off so capacity will be around 8-10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I really enjoyed their last show here. Looking forward to hearing what the second album brings!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Saw them in the Olympia (great venue for them) and outdoors at Rock Wertcher a few years ago - they are still pretty decent playing to a big audience, so I wouldn't discount the 3 Arena gig being awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

In fairness, the sound in the 3arena is quality. I thought 3arena would be a terrible venie for The National, but it was actually amazing. Don't be put off by a bigger venue, especially if it's still indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Some step up from when I first seen them in Workmans. Their gig in Olympia was fantastic. I reckon they can make the 3Arena work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Duff wrote: »
    Some step up from when I first seen them in Workmans. Their gig in Olympia was fantastic. I reckon they can make the 3Arena work.

That's the problem still with Dublin, no mid sized indoor venues other than Vicar Street. The Olympia is an appalling venue, bouncers constantly telling punters to move no matter where they're standing.

There's nowhere really for Royal Blood to go other than the 3 Arena and they should attract a great crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Duff wrote: »

I seen them supporting the Foo Fighters in the Milton Keynes bowl, they are more than comfortable on the big stage. I'll be seeing them twice this year so far, Slane and NOS Alive in Portugal and cant wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

That's the problem still with Dublin, no mid sized indoor venues other than Vicar Street. The Olympia is an appalling venue, bouncers constantly telling punters to move no matter where they're standing.

There's nowhere really for Royal Blood to go other than the 3 Arena and they should attract a great crowd.
    Lots of venues the size of vicar st (Bord Gais, Helix and Olympia are similar), the problem is venues between that size (1.5-2k) and 3 arena size (14k).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

V interested in going to this it must be said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

New single from Royal Blood

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bang average single.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Royal Blood
    Due to the tragic events in Manchester, we have postponed the on sale date for our European & UK tour dates. We will advise on the new date for presale & general on sale in due course.
    We wish to send our heartfelt condolences to everyone affected by last night’s tragedy.
    Royal Blood x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Not impressed with the new stuff tbh

Royal Blood have announced their biggest Irish headline show to date with a performance at 3Arena - November 26th. With very special guests At The Drive In and Black Honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Royal Blood have announced their biggest Irish headline show to date with a performance at 3Arena - November 26th. With very special guests At The Drive In and Black Honey.

At The Drive In supporting??????? Insane but probably will go just to see them, Royal Blood shall be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Do we reckon this will sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

lc180 wrote: »
    At The Drive In supporting??????? Insane but probably will go just to see them, Royal Blood shall be a bonus.

It certainly is an interesting choice of special guests. "Send transmission from the 1-armed scissor, cut away, cut away!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Do we reckon this will sell out?

It be close I reckon, they are a great live act and one of the bigger names on the Rock/Indie scene of the last few years. Have to disagree with some who said their new material is average, think Lights Out and I Only Lie When I Love You are fantastic singles so far. Throw in At The Drive In supporting them, I'd be surprised if it isn't sold out by the time of the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anybody is really into them then Warner are selling a signed vinyl for 23.99

http://www.thewarnermusicshop.com/product/royal-blood-how-did-we-get-so-dark-vinyl-signed-print

I always keep an eye out on this site, they have some cracking signed cd's, for the same price as you'd buy instore, at the moment they have bands such as Weezer, Stereophonics, All time low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

This is going to be incredible. There is a serious danger of At the Drive-In blowing them off the stage and to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less from them after last year's show in Vicar St.

Queens of the Stone Age on Friday and this on Sunday? What a weekend it'll be! Bring it on!

This is going to be incredible. There is a serious danger of At the Drive-In blowing them off the stage and to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less from them after last year's show in Vicar St.

Queens of the Stone Age on Friday and this on Sunday? What a weekend it'll be! Bring it on!

(For me) RB are the only one of the new rock bands that even get close to the legends in terms of groove, tone and sound.

Kings of Leon, Killers, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Got tickets for this for fathers day, I'm really looking forward to it after hearing the new album, some really good tracks on it.

I saw RB in the academy a few years ago so it'll be interesting to see how they sound in a much bigger venue.

Bought a ticket this morning and only standing available (not complaining as have a serious crush on frontman Mike Kerr ;)) so unless TB are up to some tricks could all seated be gone??

Just saw that RB are kicking off the season at Ibiza Rocks on Tuesday night - great venue if you haven't been - 1,500 capacity, searing heat and in front of a swimming pool - managed a sneaky grope of Ricky Wilson last year as he ran down the front of the stage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

managed a sneaky grope of Ricky Wilson last year as he ran down the front of the stage :cool:

I'm sure he appreciated it. If the tables were turned, they women folk would be out with pitchforks.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Just got my tickets.

Saw them at Slane, they were good.

At The Drive In are an awesome band too which is another reason to go, check out their album Relationship Of Command, one of those albums you can play through and not skip a song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Drive-In

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eC8C-K1Vs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

kfrp wrote: »
    Just got my tickets.

Saw them at Slane, they were good.

At The Drive In are an awesome band too which is another reason to go, check out their album Relationship Of Command, one of those albums you can play through and not skip a song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Drive-In

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eC8C-K1Vs

Im pretty much going for atdi. Nothing against royal blood, I've gone to see them many times, but at the drive in are a different animal altogether

Are my eyes deceiving me or are there two support acts Sunday?

Looking forward to this. Hope the sound quality is good.

Even if its not, Mike is very easy on the eye ;)

• Advertisement

Are my eyes deceiving me or are there two support acts Sunday?

Looking forward to this. Hope the sound quality is good.

Even if its not, Mike is very easy on the eye ;)

Yea Black Honey and ATDI

Advertisement