Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"BMW First"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

I'm due a service at 91,000km which is about 3,000 away despite the car saying 6,000 until it needs one but it's been saying that for a while. I have the Service Inclusive pack on the car so I'll get all that for no cost but I'm also due front and rear pads so I'll be coughing up for that. I didn't get a quote yet but I might as well sign up for the €4.90 a month option for the discount on parts and service. Seems like an absolute no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I'm due a service at 91,000km which is about 3,000 away despite the car saying 6,000 until it needs one but it's been saying that for a while. I have the Service Inclusive pack on the car so I'll get all that for no cost but I'm also due front and rear pads so I'll be coughing up for that. I didn't get a quote yet but I might as well sign up for the €4.90 a month option for the discount on parts and service. Seems like an absolute no brainer.

If it’s a 5 series don’t be surprised if they say it needs disks on the front as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can get a price on what your car is due from here: www.bmwservice.ie then take 20% off using BMW First.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

heroics wrote: »
    If it’s a 5 series don’t be surprised if they say it needs disks on the front as well.

It's not, no. It's a 1 Series so we'll see if I need the disks done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cortexiphan

Yes, signed up, got free wipers and an oil change for €140. 20% off, no questions asked. Very happy with that.

What car was the oil change for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

What car was the oil change for?

I wanted an interim change, 2 years is too long IMO.

Got my BMW first card in the post. Interestingly the free bulb replacement excludes LED's, which on my F10 is every bulb bar the headlight main ad dipped beam.

Given they are a nightmare to change and pretty expensive I view the €5 fee as a bulb insurance with the added perk of 20% off servicing and parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Got my BMW first card in the post. Interestingly the free bulb replacement excludes LED's, which on my F10 is every bulb bar the headlight main ad dipped beam.

Given they are a nightmare to change and pretty expensive I view the €5 fee as a bulb insurance with the added perk of 20% off servicing and parts.

How long did it take for the card to arrive? I applied over a month ago, no sign of it yet.

homik wrote: »
    How long did it take for the card to arrive? I applied over a month ago, no sign of it yet.

Not sure but it did take ages, maybe 6 weeks?

I signed up back in May and only got my card about 2 weeks ago. I emailed them a few back as there was no sign of it and they said there was a backlog due to demand. Make what you want of that.

€5 a month to cover replacement wipers and xenon bulbs is worth it alone to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Apologies, this is slightly off topic.
    I've a 420d coming up on 23000km and I have a message telling me I'm due an oil change in a couple of hundred kms.
    I haven’t booked it in yet.
    Is this covered under normal warranty, I'm guessing not, what should I expect to be charged?
    Thanks

Mike

You might be confusing warranty with a service pack. A service pack is a cost option when the car is brand new and covers the cost of basic service items on the car up to 5 years or 100,000km. It doesn't cover things like brake pads/discs, bulbs, etc. Do you have a service pack with the car? If so then an oil service would be included in that. You can check by putting your reg and mileage into www.bmwservice.ie. Warranty is different and only covers things that prematurely fail.

If you don't have a service pack with the car then no you would have to pay for any servicing that needs doing. In that case best sign up to bmw-first and avail of 20% off the cost of a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Enter your car into here for prices with a dealer

http://www.bmwservice.ie/contentv3/

Cheers bazz

Thanks lads,
    Yeah I have a service pack. I thought they might charge for the oil tho?

No the service pack covers scheduled servicing items such as an oil change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Applied for the bmw first 2 weeks ago, card arrived last week surprisingly enough. Put it to use on a service yesterday, 20% off parts plus free wipers. Was very sceptical of this but well worth it for €4.90 a month.

Just be aware the 20% off does not include labour, parts only.

Wailin wrote: »

Their letter says 20% discount on parts, service and repair.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Applied for the bmw first 2 weeks ago, card arrived last week surprisingly enough. Put it to use on a service yesterday, 20% off parts plus free wipers. Was very sceptical of this but well worth it for €4.90 a month.

Their T&Cs state:
    Package (1): Service & Repair
    Service & Repair assures BMW expert’s quality service and costs 4.90 EUR per month. It includes Health Check & Diagnostics read-out, a 20% Discount on the Recommended Retail Price of Parts, Service and Repair and the Replacement of Wiper Blades and Light Bulbs. Retailers/Retail Centres may grant BMW FIRST Customers additional discounts which, however, are not subject to this agreement.

That's what I thought. But girl at service desk was adamant it was only off parts and showed me a little brochure that did state that. Anyone else have this issue?

Looking at the service cost, it was €628 when i booked it on bmwservice.ie but I was charged €506 which is pretty much 20% off overall cost.

• Advertisement

When I was in getting the wipers fitted I got a quote from them for my next service interval and the price was the standard bmwservice.ie price that didn't include the 20% BMW First discount.

Wailin, what did your service include?

Oil change, microfilter, air filter and fuel filter.

Service indicator only had rear brake pads (which had 6mm left so where fine) but since it was my first service since I got the car I had the oil and all filters done.

Oil will be done annually, even though it's every 2 yrs or 20,000 miles according to BMW.

Oil change, microfilter, air filter and fuel filter.

Service indicator only had rear brake pads (which had 6mm left so where fine) but since it was my first service since I got the car I had the oil and all filters done.

Oil will be done annually, even though it's every 2 yrs or 20,000 miles according to BMW.

Just looking at the quote they printed off for me there:

Oil service and microfilter - €414 or €331 with the 20% discount. The cost of the microfilter is €122, pure rip off. I'm going to price up the same from my local BMW indy and see if it's worth going with the main dealer just for goodwill beyond the warranty.

It's the dilemma isn't it? Stay with BMW and get ripped off in the hope of a goodwill gesture if anything catastrophic happens...or go with a good indy who won't rip you off but BMW will fob you off when you come crawling to them.

I'll stick with them until the 2 yr warranty is up.

I didn't buy mine through a BMW dealer so don't have to stick through the warranty period. However if there is only around €100 in the difference I think I'll go with the main dealer just for the fsh and future goodwill. I'll go with the indy for consumables like brake pads, discs, etc either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So my first experience of BMW First is that I didn't get my 20% on parts

Read the entire post but can't figure out why you didn't get the discount on parts?

It's in the terms and conditions afaik. The 20% off parts only applies to parts the dealer fits. It doesn't apply to buying parts over the counter to get fitted elsewhere.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's in the terms and conditions afaik. The 20% off parts only applies to parts the dealer fits. It doesn't apply to buying parts over the counter to get fitted elsewhere.
    I've read the T&Cs and quoted them here. Where exactly in them does it say that?

I'm nearly certain I seen in the T&C when I signed up a few months back but I cannot find it on their webpage now either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Got an offer of €9.90 per month with first month free for the usually priced €16.90 package so took it up. Its worth it at that price I think.

Given I change the oil twice a year and the 5c saving on diesel (on my 3 litre car so not as fuel efficient as say 520) and assume I can buy petrol for wifes car (?), and 1 set of wipers per year I think I will be save overall.

Advertisement