Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa league/Tourney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Sorry lads I've been absolutely flat out the last few weeks and with getting a new phone I haven't had a good chance to update the old league table. But as said above maybe 20 off games with a 3/4 star team was a push. I'm in for playing I'm shift work so varies also but I think a cup tournament would run much smother and quicker. With loser of the first games put into a shield or something if there was enough peoplw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Should we maybe create a different topic, in case the original league comes back? Rather than cluttering it all into one thread?

Anyway, sign me up for whatever. I'm usually on during the day time, though evenings can be a bit rough. I can sometimes organise times if people are accurate with their times though.

Pop your name and times into the thread :)
    These are the list of 4.5 clubs. Some are just barely 4.5 ie Atheltic or Villarreal. The rest I think are nicely tuned with a few fast teams like Napoli, Liverpool and Dortmund in there but have weaker defenses so might balance out. Thoughts?

4.5 star teams
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Monaco
    Dortmund
    Inter
    Lazio
    Milan
    Napoli
    Roma
    Athletic Bilbao
    Sevilla
    Valencia
    Villarreal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would we be better waiting till after xmas? Id def play but cant really commit to a time before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Cotts72

1. Blazer (Airblazer) - Mon-Thurs
    2. Liamalone (Liamalone) - Shiftwork, so it varies
    3. Jayo26 (jayo26wexford) - I'm easy
    4. Fuzzy Logic (Kensutz6) - Evenings after 8pm and most weekend evenings.
    5. Shanee. (S h 4 n 3 k) - Friday eve- Sunday eve
    6. Cotts72 (Cottz) - Shift work also

Spurs mightn't be a bad shout either

Cotts72 wrote: »

Spurs mightn't be a bad shout either

actually meant to put them down. Will add them.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Would we be better waiting till after xmas? Id def play but cant really commit to a time before xmas

probably makes sense.
    Lets see if we get 8 players who play regularly if not 12 and we can take the format then after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We have even six there now if no one else cone along i next day or so it would be a nice short league hopefully.
    finish before Christmas.

jayo26 wrote: »
    We have even six there now if no one else cone along i next day or so it would be a nice short league hopefully.
    finish before Christmas.

we get to 8 and maybe kick it off then?

Blazer wrote: »
    we get to 8 and maybe kick it off then?

Yep no problems with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

7. Lord TSC (shadowclan619) - more day than night but can be flexible.

• Advertisement

One more and we’re sorted :)
    We need to be strict on times.
    For each fixture post the time you’re available in this thread for the fixture and the same for your opponent.
    Follow the thread as we don’t want to be waiting for a fixture to be complete outside a week etc.

Guffy wrote: »

Ok I think we’ll schedule this for after Xmas and we have 8 people then.
    I’ll narrow down the list of teams so we all have pretty good ones to make it more even :)

Is it league or knockout youre doing

Carroller wrote: »
    Is it league or knockout youre doing

A bit of both.
    2x groups of 4 with 3 matches and top 2 in each go to semi finals etc?
    What do people think of that? Not too much and we can see how it goes ?

We could even start it tonight and over the weekend if people thought they could manage it?

7. Lord TSC (shadowclan619) - more day than night but can be flexible.
    8. Carroller ( Penguins Haooo) - shift work so can message to agree times

I'll throw in. 24 games with Paraguay killed it for me last time. This sounds better

Carroller wrote: »

I'll throw in. 24 games with Paraguay killed it for me last time. This sounds better

Awesome.
    I’ll do up the draw later today on unless someone had time to do it shortly?

Awesome.
    I’ll do up the draw later today on unless someone had time to do it shortly?

I cut it down to these 8 teams??

4.5 star teams
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Monaco
    Dortmund
    Inter
    Napoli
    Roma

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just throwing it out there instead of listing the teams would it be better to choose our own teams up to 4.5 stars that may suit outside of the list?

Edit: don't mind me, I understand the reason for picking 8 teams to draw us one. I need coffee :D

I'll take Dortmund if no one else wants them ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Have a look at this site lads if you are interested in playing in Leagues which I play in:

http://fifaleaguemanager.com/

First off, its free. Its a bit like a combination of Championship Manager and FIFA. There are 2 PS4 divisions and 3 Xbox Divisions, run
    2/3 seasons per FIFA, promotion, relegation etc. When you are admitted to the league you are given a team, random players, different levels. You can then transfer in and out players trading with other managers for virtual money. You earn this money by getting "paid" for different event nights that are run sporadically throughout the season. Last week for example was a golden goal tournament using the Women's teams randomly drawn. Depending on which division you are in you have around 36 fixtures, which you organise with your fellow managers to get played at mutually suitable times.

If you are interested hit me up, my gamertag on Xbox is same as on here. Join the site and go to the Introduce Yourself thread and play some friendlies so your level can be assessed to determine what division you should go into.

• Advertisement

Looks very interesting. It is 36 games or so over the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Looks very interesting. It is 36 games or so over the year?

Usually they get 3 seasons in over a year of FIFA, although it looks like because of a late start this FIFA of a reorganisation of the leagues there will only be two "seasons".

I joined about 6 months ago after getting fed up raging against the cheesy opponents in FUT. Mics are mandatory in the leagues so I usually end up in a party most nights with 7/8 other guys from the leagues playing friendlies. It never feels as bad losing to someone who you are talking to.

I like the management aspect of it, trying to get in players to suit your formation, negotiating with other managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'll take Dortmund if no one else wants them ;););)

I'll fight you for them 😂

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I'll fight you for them 😂

They useless sure I'm only doing yez a favour.

I thought everyone would be screaming for Napoli:)

I thought everyone would be screaming for Napoli:)

Anyone but pool do me.

I got Inter :( stupid draw :(
    Suggest we go 3 games for each group with the top 2 qualifying for semi-final knockout etc.
    Top team in each group players the 2nd placed team in the opposite group in the semis.
    Is everyone ok with this?
    I went with this random generator as not sure what people was using? pen and paper maybe :D
    I don't think we need a fixture list? We should all know what we have to play as its small enough.

Group 1
    Inter Blazer (Airblazer)
    Spurs Liamalone (Liamalone) 
    Napoli Shanee. (S h 4 n 3 k)
    Monaco Carroller ( Penguins Haooo)

Group 2
    Roma Cotts72 (Cottz)
    Dortmund Fuzzy Logic (Kensutz6)
    Liverpool Lord TSC (shadowclan619)
    Arsenal Jayo26 (jayo26wexford)

Looks good to me. Damn I got arsenal and all them slow players like Sanchez and Walcott and lacazette damn damn

Looks good to me. Damn I got arsenal and all them slow players like Sanchez and Walcott and lacazette damn damn

I know its terrible...I'll swap you Inter for them..I'm screwing myself here lad but what can I say..I'm a nice guy :D

• Advertisement

I know its terrible...I'll swap you Inter for them..I'm screwing myself here lad but what can I say..I'm a nice guy :D

Eh no

Advertisement