Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roseanne to return...

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

negotiations are underway with the core cast for a 13-episode Season 2
    Here is why pursuing a second season of The Conners has been a no-brainer for ABC. The blue collar family sitcom averages 10.2 million total viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m enjoying The Conners, think it has a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

I gave The Conners a chance and it is good enough for a sitcom. Who knows what the future holds for them?

They might have some surprise guest stars.

Apparently Fred Savage directed on of the episodes:

https://twitter.com/TheConnersABC/status/1067547878208397313

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

py2006 wrote: »
    Apparently Fred Savage directed on of the episodes:

https://twitter.com/TheConnersABC/status/1067547878208397313

He's heavily involved with It's Always Sunny and has directed a few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He's been directing since the late 90's.

The season finale was pretty good. Actually had me teary eyed at one point.

Looks like it will be renewed for a second season
    I have learned that the three principal cast members of the Roseanne spinoff, Sara Gilbert who also serves as an executive producer, John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf, have closed new deals to return next season. I hear the new pacts, not all of which may have been signed yet, would allow for the trio to do 13 episodes next season, up from 11 in Season 1.

I hear Gilbert, Goodman and Metcalf would each make about $375,000 an episode in Season 2, an increase from their Season 1 fees (and those for the Roseanne revival that were said to be about $250,000 an episode). I hear the trio also have each secured a piece of the new series’ backend.

Tom Werner’s Werner Entertainment, which produces The Conners, had been handling the cast negotiations. Once the company has the entire cast signed, which should be shortly, it is expected to finalize a deal with ABC for next season. Showrunner Bruce Helford already had been working on story ideas for Season 2.

EB45yZkWkAUE-fF?format=jpg&name=medium

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Caught up on this recently, I'd imagine they are filming this close to Shameless as they are sharing a lot of cast members.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Caught up on this recently, I'd imagine they are filming this close to Shameless as they are sharing a lot of cast members.

It's reasonably good! Some episodes better than others. Laura Metcalf (Jackie) steals the show

• Registered Users Posts: 85,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show has promoted Jay R. Ferguson to series regular ahead of Season 3 as Darlene's boyfriend Ben

Just finished watching the rest of Season 4 (if anybody is still interested). Some very good episodes towards the 2nd half and it looked like the season finale was going to be the last one but I am reading that it has been renewed for a 5th season.

For some crazy reason I think Roseanne will return for a cameo. I know its unlikely. But it would be amazing if she appeared in a final scene in a home which showed her thinking about how the family would get on with out her and that the entire Connors episodes were here dreams. Kind of like what they did with the Dan dying episode.

Ok, I need a drink or something... 🙄

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Mad that this still hasn’t got a U.K./Ireland release given how popular the original was.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Good news, though I take it we’re still not going to see the season with Roseanne that aired in 2018. It’s taken a long time to get a U.K./Irl release, the original aired on Channel 4.

Jayden Rey — who since 2018’s Roseanne revival has played DJ’s daughter Mary — will not be returning as a series regular.

Her exit comes one season after The Conners parted ways with her TV dad, Michael Fishman, who was written out ahead of Season 5

https://tvline.com/casting-news/the-conners-jayden-rey-leaving-season-6-mary-dj-daughter-1235105400

I remember thinking to myself it would be a very powerful and emotional storyline if DJ was killed while away on duty.

Advertisement