Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roseanne to return...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved the latest episode. Great to have more Jackie in it

For those who watched is there any mention of Glenn Quinn's Mark Healy?

Episode 4 was dedicated in memory of Glenn Quinn, alongside his picture at the very end of the show. It was great and the right episode for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Episode 4 was dedicated in memory of Glenn Quinn, alongside his picture at the very end of the show. It was great and the right episode for it.

roseanne-glenn-quinn-tribute.jpg?w=620&h=452

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Did anyone notice that the teacher Ms Crane in the first episode is the same actress who played Darlenes teacher in original series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Loved the original series and just watched these last night.
    It’s like it never stopped and it’s just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Wouldn't mind watching this again.

Is it on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm rewatching the original at the moment. I was probably 10 - 15 first time around so barely remember it but did like it.

I'm onto season 4
    It's well written, very funny, has great acting. John Goodman was excellent.

It covers lots of sensitive subjects very well.

Does any show these days compare to it (apart from the new Rosanne obviously :))?

Yea its very good so far. A couple of times I feel their timing with delivering lines is a bit out but no biggy. 13.7m viewers for this latest episode.

Two further original cast members feature in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm surprised to see Johnny Galecki turn up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

py2006 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that the teacher Ms Crane in the first episode is the same actress who played Darlenes teacher in original series.

Yup. Think it was the very first episode. She called Rose anne in to deal with Darlene's habit of barking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see Johnny Galecki turn up this week.
    Yep, and he was good too.

Nice to see him in that role rather than the two-dimensional role of Leonard in TBBT.

Wow that was a great episode! Galecki was really good back as David and my god Roseanne and Jackies mother hasn't aged a day in 20 years. The actress is Estelle Parsons as is 90 years old! WOW

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, and he was good too.

Nice to see him in that role rather than the two-dimensional role of Leonard in TBBT.

Yes. We saw some actual acting from him on this.

No DJ again. He's had about 2 lines in 2 episodes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I liked that episode, Dan really is the star of the show for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm loving this, when David appeared at the window , I was instantly transported to 1993, watching Roseanne while babysitting.

David and Darlene are so believable compared to the charactures in TBBT.

I never liked Becky but I have to admit, the actress has nailed her character in this.

Johnny Goodman is just excellent, totally believable and everything down to his eye movements are perfect.

The only let down is Jackie so far, I always liked her in the original but she's too far out in this one.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm loving this, when David appeared at the window , I was instantly transported to 1993, watching Roseanne while babysitting.

David and Darlene are so believable compared to the charactures in TBBT.

I never liked Becky but I have to admit, the actress has nailed her character in this.

Johnny Goodman is just excellent, totally believable and everything down to his eye movements are perfect.

The only let down is Jackie so far, I always liked her in the original but she's too far out in this one.

Yea she is slightly over doing the crazy. But she is still great.

For me Becky is difficult to watch, her voice is real deep and she comes across like an OTT version of her original character.

Very disappointed at the lack of the DJ character although I am thinking they will have a fairly heavy story line next season with his wife/gf not making it back from duty.

Loving it so far though.

The latest episode was really good.

The show has been cancelled. Very sad news

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement

Can't blame the network. Don't think anyone else will touch her with a barge pole now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Cali_girl wrote:
    What're the odds on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix picking it up (after politically appropriate time lapse)?

Extremely unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't blame the network. Don't think anyone else will touch her with a barge pole now either.

Fox might.

Extremely unlikely

100% agreed - in fact I deleted my original post after double checking/reading her original comments (and not just the gist) :eek:
    Genuinely didn't imagine it could be that bad

Passed the point of no recovery.

Still I think it's extreme to cancel the show. It was very successful and I was really enjoying it.

Fine her, slash her wages or remove her from a few episodes. Punishing the other actors and people behind the scenes isn't fair.

Punishing the fans also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What an awful shame from the point of view of her fellow cast, crew and writers. They lose their jobs because of Roseanne's idiocy.

Sara Gilbert is rightly PO'd too:

https://twitter.com/THEsaragilbert

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Basq wrote:
    No-one but Roseanne to blame here..

The show was good but she is a scummy person. Alway was & always will be

What an awful shame from the point of view of her fellow cast, crew and writers. They lose their jobs because of Roseanne's idiocy.

Sara Gilbert is rightly PO'd too:

https://twitter.com/THEsaragilbert

What did she say. It wont display on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

py2006 wrote: »
    What did she say. It wont display on my phone

From her Twitter feed:

"Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least.

This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we’ve created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love— one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member."

• Advertisement

No Roseanne without Roseanne imho. It was too uniquely her voice and vision.

But honestly - her comments abhorrent in the extreme. Up there/past the Mel Gibson fiasco. Such a shame and a pity, but lines have to be drawn, and I think that in this instance the network was right. Let this go and suddenly what / who are they?

I imagine that in due course we'll hear some story about her being on prescription pills and incoherent.

Advertisement