Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options
  • 11-05-2017 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

Tickets priced €57 go on sale Friday 19th May at 10am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide. Tickets limited to 2 per transaction. Photo ID on the night will be required for ticket holders.

Visit americanmary.com to pre-order Sleep Well Beast, out September 8, 2017.

2017 tour dates
    On sale Friday,

Jun 23-25 - Glastonbury, UK - Glastonbury Festival*
    Aug 12 - Copenhagen, DK - HAVEN Festival*
    Sep 16 - Cork, IE - Cork Opera House~
    Sep 17 - Dublin, IE - Vicar Street~
    Sep 18 - Dublin, IE - Vicar Street~

Sep 20 - Edinburgh, UK - Usher Hall~
    Sep 21 - Edinburgh, UK - Usher Hall~
    Sep 22 - Manchester, UK - O2 Apollo~
    Sep 23 - Manchester, UK - O2 Apollo~
    Sep 25 - London, UK - Eventim Apollo~
    Sep 26 - London, UK - Eventim Apollo~
    Sep 27 - London, UK - Eventim Apollo~
    Sep 28 - London, UK - Eventim Apollo~
    Oct 5 - Boston, MA - Wang Theatre^
    Oct 6 - New York, NY - Forest Hills Stadium^+
    Oct 11 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl^+%
    Oct 12 - San Diego, CA - CalCoast Credit Union Open Air Theatre^+
    Oct 14 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre^+
    Oct 21 - Hamburg, DE - Elbphilharmonie**~
    Oct 23 - Berlin, DE - Tempodrom~
    Oct 24 - Berlin, DE - Tempodrom~
    Oct 25 - Amsterdam, NL - AFAS Live~
    Oct 28 - Lisbon, PT - Coliseu dos Recreios~
    Oct 30 - Brussels, BE - Palais des Beaux-Arts~
    Oct 31 - Brussels, BE - Palais des Beaux-Arts~
    Nov 2-4 - Paris, FR - Pitchfork Paris*
    Nov 4 - Stockholm, SE - Annexet~
    Nov 5 - Stockholm, SE - Annexet~
    Nov 6 - Oslo, NO - Sentrum Scene~
    Nov 7 - Oslo, NO - Sentrum Scene~
    Nov 27 - Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall^
    Nov 28 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre^
    Nov 29 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre^
    Dec 1 - Vancouver, BC - Queen Elizabeth Theatre^
    Dec 2 - Vancouver, BC - Queen Elizabeth Theatre^
    Dec 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Verizon Hall^
    Dec 7 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis^
    Dec 8 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis^
    Dec 9 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre^
    Dec 10 - Hamilton, ON - Hamilton Place Theatre^
    Dec 12 - Chicago, IL - Civic Opera House^
    Dec 13 - Chicago, IL - Civic Opera House^

%with Local Natives
    +with Daughter
    *on sale now
    **on sale June 12, no pre-sale
    ~pre-order Sleep Well Beast at 4ad.co/NtlSongkick to receive UK/Europe pre-sale access***
    ***No Purchase Necessary sign up available
    ^every N.A. ticket includes a digital download of Sleep Well Beast, delivered Sep 8. CD/LP option available

new track:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

There's going to be some scramble for tickets to Vicar Street since the venue is so small.

Two nights at 1500 people per night - seems like a crazy decision.

No doubt those lucky enough to get tickets will be in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, they'll definitely sell out straight away. €57 is quite pricey though, Edinburgh is only £32 (€38)....

I just noticed Cork there too, can't edit the thread title though...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dragging the boss lady to many gigs so will have to try for these I think! Cork gig is a saver though.

Not particularly a fan, went to last Marquee show and was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Did they enforce the ID rule for Kasabian does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

57 is a little steep for a Vicar Street gig. Might look into seeing them in Edinburgh or Berlin. Good excuse to take herself away for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-dublin-09-17-2017/event/180052AAF1DABCA5?artistid=959669&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
    Anyone know what 'Past Purch' is, is it just people that got tickets for The National on ticketmaster.ie last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I saw them at Longitude last year but I might try see them at a smaller venue. The Cork date is nicely placed as a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hoping this stays under the radar until after Monday so I can get pre sale tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

57 is a little steep for a Vicar Street gig. Might look into seeing them in Edinburgh or Berlin. Good excuse to take herself away for a few days.
    I think you're probably associating the price with the level of bands you normally associate with Vicar Street. It's typically a €22 - €40 type band who would be booked there.

I think €57 quid to see The National is about right, to see them play in a Venue the size of Vicar Street makes it unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I think you're probably associating the price with the level of bands you normally associate with Vicar Street. It's typically a €22 - €40 type band who would be booked there.

I think €57 quid to see The National is about right, to see them play in a Venue the size of Vicar Street makes it unmissable.

Ya you're probably right. Just seems that tickets for all bands have shot up this year. Will be a great spot to see them. Saw them in the Big Top in Galway a few years ago. They were brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-dublin-09-17-2017/event/180052AAF1DABCA5?artistid=959669&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
    Anyone know what 'Past Purch' is, is it just people that got tickets for The National on ticketmaster.ie last time?

Would that have been the Iveagh gig? I saw them at Longitude last year but can't remember if they played inbetween

Has anyone who signed up for the pre-sale received an email yet with any information?

I signed up this morning (after pre-ordering the album) but haven't received any email as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭whatever76

Has anyone who signed up for the pre-sale received an email yet with any information?

I signed up this morning (after pre-ordering the album) but haven't received any email as yet.
    No not yet but assume it will appear nearer the date think that normally happens for presales ; reckon they will nearly sell out in PreSales :P !! At least they are limiting tickets to 2 per person !

Good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Lovely blue vinyl edition of the new album. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd happily preorder the CD/vinyl but the delivery is a bit of a killer at €9! It seems you can just sign up to updates by email to get one without placing a preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's arguably a bit ambiguous, but the Cork and Dublin shows have the ~ icon, which suggests you have to pre-order the album to qualify for the presale.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Are the Cork tickets on sale the same time as the Dublin ones? Bit weary of missing out on the Dublin Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's arguably a bit ambiguous, but the Cork and Dublin shows have the ~ icon, which suggests you have to pre-order the album to qualify for the presale.

You don't have to buy the album to get presale access to any of the European gigs .
    Looking forward to the Opera House gig ,saw these guys a few years ago in the Marquee and they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

You don't have to buy the album to get presale access to any of the European gigs .
    Looking forward to the Opera House gig ,saw these guys a few years ago in the Marquee and they were brilliant.

How do you get it without the pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cefh17 wrote: »
    How do you get it without the pre-order?

https://thenational.songkick.com/?from=splash&utm_medium=referral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Positively itching to get my hands on tickets for this, I've never managed to see them live before.

Any sign of an email with details on how to access pre-sale yet?

I pre-ordered this morning and have yet to receive the email.

Pre-sale is next Monday so hopefully get it before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Technique

Any sign of an email with details on how to access pre-sale yet?

I pre-ordered this morning and have yet to receive the email.

Pre-sale is next Monday so hopefully get it before then!

Unique Access Codes will be delivered on Sunday, 14 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Technique wrote: »
    Unique Access Codes will be delivered on Sunday, 14 May.

For that do you have to pre-order the album, sign up with the above songkick link or both? I've done both but I'd hate to miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Technique

busterp wrote: »
    For that do you have to pre-order the album, sign up with the above songkick link or both? I've done both but I'd hate to miss out

Yeah, went to pre-order and was about to click on the PayPal link but worried that they'd have no record of my email address so I backed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

God, it's confusing. Wonder will Cork all out in minutes? It's Saturday and not massive capacity.

Technique wrote: »
    Yeah, went to pre-order and was about to click on the PayPal link but worried that they'd have no record of my email address so I backed out.

I created an account first before pre-ordering. The website is so sparse though it almost seems like a scam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dinneenp wrote: »
    God, it's confusing. Wonder will Cork all out in minutes? It's Saturday and not massive capacity.

It'll sell fast, I'd say.

As you say, at max capacity the Opera House is small and its a Saturday night.

Only potential fly in the ointment for some people is that it is €60 a ticket.

Won't put off a lot of fans but people who only chanced their arm at the €40ish price for the Marquee gigs may not be as keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Saw EL VY in Vicars Street last year and it was a great gig. Suits them more than the 3 Arena.
    Think Matt (and the Dessners) have a grá for the venue and Bryce played there with Lisa Hannigan in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Saw the El Vy gig too. It was really good. The National in VIcar Street will be phenomenal. New album out just over a week before the gigs. Will give a bit of time to get familiar with new tunes. Caught them in The Olympia 10 years ago and it was brilliant, even though I wasn't that familiar with their stuff back then. Much more full on than their albums would convey. Berninger is a cool son of a bltch.

Advertisement