Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Feenix wrote: »
    Such as?

Getting taxi's to bring him to God knows where and not paying, taking a visit from the guards to eventually get paid. Taking people's property etc etc. Abusing bar staff...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

These McGrath tales have shocked me I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He is well known as somebody that drink just doesn't suit. Some people make very bad drunks. McGrath is one of them.

Marty Morrissey
    Also Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Pinch of salt

Watched McGrath interview with Tommy Tiernan, he seemed a very shy timid guy.... interesting. Is he not off the booze years? Maybe he is sober now so he may have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watched McGrath interview with Tommy Tiernan, he seemed a very shy timid guy.... interesting. Is he not off the booze years? Maybe he is sober now so he may have changed

he is shy and timid, when he is sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Pinch of salt

The incident with taking the man's car in Ferns was in the local (now closed down) paper, The Enniscorthy Echo. With the unpaid taxi's he paid up after a visit from the guards. His p.a. rang Enniscorthy taxi companies telling them not to call out to the house for him unless she rang for him. Most wouldn't go for him anyway as he wasn't worth the earache. Anyway it's all in the past for him now hopefully it stays that way.

He goes on and off it as far as I know

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The incident with taking the man's car in Ferns was in the local (now closed down) paper, The Enniscorthy Echo. With the unpaid taxi's he paid up after a visit from the guards. His p.a. rang Enniscorthy taxi companies telling them not to call out to the house for him unless she rang for him. Most wouldn't go for him anyway as he wasn't worth the earache. Anyway it's all in the past for him now hopefully it stays that way.

I heard the story about the car before. It's a bit outlandish to suggest he buys his way out of every situation though. Thats like something you could say about Trump or someone of that ilk.
    McGrath released an autobiography about 15 years ago and he didnt exactly paint a pretty picture of himself. From what I remember theres a bit about drinking bleach to try do himself in while his kids were in the house. He admitted being a raving alcoholic cost him two marriages and a relationship with his children. The book was a big seller so it's not a secret that drinking every day made him into an arsehole. It was pretty much the theme of the book.
    I find it more sad than thinking I inexplicably cant stand the guy because of it.
    I dont know enough about addiction to be 100% sure but I would be under the opinion that its the addiction that drives the horrible behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In vino veritas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In vino veritas

Indeed. And ars gratia arsehole. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Marty Morrissey
    Also Morrissey

Could being related to Marty have been the cause of Stephen Patrick's incessant misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Could being related to Marty have been the cause of Stephen Patrick's incessant misery?

Heaven knows.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Heaven knows.

What difference does it make?

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What difference does it make?

I'll get my coat.

you should get your coat because.....

That Joke Isnt Funny (Anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't know about Marty but he is a cousin of Robbie Keane.

Rothko wrote: »
    Don't know about Marty but he is a cousin of Robbie Keane.

Think Marty is one of them boys that's cousins of everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

Richard Sadlier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Lenny Henry

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Lenny Henry

He was reasonably funny n the 80s, then did a poor show called :Chef", full of ego but very little humour, downhill from then

He was reasonably funny n the 80s, then did a poor show called :Chef", full of ego but very little humour, downhill from then
    I remember that show. He was a bossy git. Did Gordon Ramsey come on the scene before or after the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I remember that show. He was a bossy git. Did Gordon Ramsey come on the scene before or after the show?

chef was 93-96, ramsey was about 99 with boiling point. (google)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Kathryn Thomas annoys me. In every programme she ever does.

Plus she’s one of these like Vogue Williams and is the only one to ever have a baby - and makes it a career move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Kathryn Thomas annoys me. In every programme she ever does.

Plus she’s one of these like Vogue Williams and is the only one to ever have a baby - and makes it a career move.

I know her personally for a good while and shes sound in person, i.e. quite genuine all of the time. But yes, she has turned herself and her family into something of a brand, I'm no fan of that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Luke O'Neill...

The guy is just the biggest media whore I've ever come across.....

There is no shame in him whatsoever....

Any dogsh*t rte produce...he will put his hand up for it....

Really using the pandemic for his own gain...

F*cking spoofer

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I know her personally for a good while and shes sound in person, i.e. quite genuine all of the time. But yes, she has turned herself and her family into something of a brand, I'm no fan of that myself.

That’s always interesting that to see that the person is different from the persona, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah he was literally the only comedian on bbc for a while in the 80s

Yeah he was literally the only comedian on bbc for a while in the 80s

The good ones were out playing live to packed houses.

• Advertisement

Luke O'Neill...

The guy is just the biggest media whore I've ever come across.....

There is no shame in him whatsoever....

Any dogsh*t rte produce...he will put his hand up for it....

Really using the pandemic for his own gain...

F*cking spoofer

You might not be a fan of his style, or indeed his ubiquity during the pandemic but he's no spoofer.

He set up a joint venture startup in Trinity with lads in the University of Queensland developing a whole new suite of drug therapies for inflammatory conditions and they sold the thing lock, stock and barrel to Roche Pharma last year for 400 million quid.

Not the outcome of any spoofing I think you'd agree.

Advertisement