Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

That one on winning streak that hosts alongside Marty. She seems like a complete biatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ariane Grande

Think it's because of the "who cares if I can't sing, I'm pretty" attitude but there's lots of them out there (male and female). But every time I see her I do actually think "Ugh".

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

The painter my husband hired to paint our house this morning. I know he has a limp handshake and that's bad enough. But there is just something else as well, just a eeuugghh feeling. Can't imagine sitting having the chat when he's on tea break.

The lady of the house which i'm painting this morning. I have inflamed joints in my right hand so can't shake hands as strongly as I used to and when I held her hand lightly this morning she looked like she was going to get sick.

Going to "get" a phone call at tea time so I can bring my tea out in to the yard and not have to make small talk with her.

Ok. I'm kidding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jimmy Magee - aaarrrggghhhh, but I can explain it, he's a pain in the hole

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Ryle Nugent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Someone must have said Vogue Williams already. She just represents your typical SoCoDu Princess that would never let me have sex with them.

Would you really want to? Personally, I'd rather put me mickey in acid.

Sorry to be a pedant but if anything she's a wannabe SoCoDu (if that means South County Dublin) cos AFAIK she's from Howth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

The thing about the Vogue Williams of this world is this.
    She's taking advantage of the current popularity of people with no discernible talent but tonnes of brass neck, and you can't really criticise her for that.
    Her platform is " I'm a strong independent woman and.... well, that's it".
    And that's "en vogue (pardon the pun)" at the moment as 4th wave feminism sweeps through.
    Even 15 years ago you had to at least have been a successful model if not a singer with a few hits under your belt but not right now.
    In fairness to her, she has to get up every day and plaster on all of that fake tan muck, make up muck, hair pulled off her head, starve herself to death, sweat it out at the gym and stand beside the odious Spencer Mathews who is her male equivalent. Ugh. Just in the hope that your agent will ring and tell you that the Indo wants to interview you again about how to make it "as a strong independent woman in a mans world ".
    No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    That one on winning streak that hosts alongside Marty. She seems like a complete biatch.

Forgot about her - Sinéad Kennedy - and maybe add her predecessor into this list too - the insufferable Geri Maye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

infogiver wrote: »
    The thing about the Vogue Williams of this world is this.
    She's taking advantage of the current popularity of people with no discernible talent but tonnes of brass neck, and you can't really criticise her for that.
    Her platform is " I'm a strong independent woman and.... well, that's it".
    And that's "en vogue (pardon the pun)" at the moment as 4th wave feminism sweeps through.
    Even 15 years ago you had to at least have been a successful model if not a singer with a few hits under your belt but not right now.
    In fairness to her, she has to get up every day and plaster on all of that fake tan muck, make up muck, hair pulled off her head, starve herself to death, sweat it out at the gym and stand beside the odious Spencer Mathews who is her male equivalent. Ugh. Just in the hope that your agent will ring and tell you that the Indo wants to interview you again about how to make it "as a strong independent woman in a mans world ".
    No thanks

Jaysus you come across as incredibly bitter right there.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Jaysus you come across as incredibly bitter right there.

Why would you think anyone would want to do what she has to do?
    I can jump in the shower, pull on a t shirt and jeggings, pop down to Aldi and wander around at my leisure, take our dog for a walk, relax, go to the pictures with my husband, make snacks for my daughters friends later...
    If I had to waste all the time she's forced too on my appearance, in order to look like an approximation of what the media think I should look like, I'd be very unhappy and very resentful.
    I have no clue why you think I would be bitter.
    I'm not interested in make up and hair and appearances in general because they don't matter and they're not important.
    At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Why would you think anyone would want to do what she has to do?
    I can jump in the shower, pull on a t shirt and jeggings, pop down to Aldi and wander around at my leisure, take our dog for a walk, relax, go to the pictures with my husband, make snacks for my daughters friends later...
    If I had to waste all the time she's forced too on my appearance, in order to look like an approximation of what the media think I should look like, I'd be very unhappy and very resentful.
    I have no clue why you think I would be bitter.
    I'm not interested in make up and hair and appearances in general because they don't matter and they're not important.
    At all.

Not important to you maybe but to some, yes. Everyone is different.

We all have different likes and dislikes but you can't dismiss something just because it doesn't matter to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think she's naturally slim anyway. I don't mind her, I think she has some good views and has done interesting programmes. She doesn't come across at all vain or self orientated. It's not her fault she is naturally good looking? She comes across well IMO and at least she has a personality and an opinion and is not completely vacuous.

Oh an edit. Appearance is very important, who wants to look like garbage.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Not important to you maybe but to some, yes. Everyone is different.

We all have different likes and dislikes but you can't dismiss something just because it doesn't matter to you.

I can dismiss it for myself, completely out of hand, of course I can.
    And I can most definitely say that I consider appearances to be completely unimportant.
    Why on earth would you say that I can't?!?

I can dismiss it for myself, completely out of hand, of course I can.
    And I can most definitely say that I consider appearances to be completely unimportant.
    Why on earth would you say that I can't?!?

But you stated it as fact. Not that you considered it and not in respect to yourself.

But you stated it as fact. Not that you considered it and not in respect to yourself.

If it's a "given" for me that in your posts you're expressing your opinion, then why is it not a "given" for you?
    In a thread which is specifically about personal opinions, do you really need each and every "opinion" quantified as such?
    Or is it that you have a different opinion and find it perturbing that everyone else doesn't agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Overweight people. I just can't stand talking to them or looking at them and I feel much more likely to disagree with them than normal people.

Most RTÉ staff. Most state employees.

If it's a "given" for me that in your posts you're expressing your opinion, then why is it not a "given" for you?
    In a thread which is specifically about personal opinions, do you really need each and every "opinion" quantified as such?
    Or is it that you have a different opinion and find it perturbing that everyone else doesn't agree?

Sell crazy some where else. Not doing your argumentitive and attention seeking word games today.

Sell crazy some where else. Not doing your argumentitive and attention seeking word games today.

Translation:
    You don't have the same opinion as me so your wrong. Don't want to discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Translation:
    You don't have the same opinion as me so your wrong. Don't want to discuss it.

They inexplicably can't see your point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

GarIT wrote: »
    Overweight people. I just can't stand talking to them or looking at them and I feel much more likely to disagree with them than normal people.

Most RTÉ staff. Most state employees.

Women. Very disagreeable. Especially funny-looking foreign types. Fat women are the worst though. I think it might be their appearance. It's inexplicable.

Women. Very disagreeable. Especially funny-looking foreign types. Fat women are the worst though. I think it might be their appearance. It's inexplicable.

Is today your first day as a Troll? Must be a part time job as you've started on a Saturday. Good luck with it.

PARlance wrote: »
    They inexplicably can't see your point.

I'm not very good at making my point though.
    Too much blah blah blah

Is today your first day as a Troll? Must be a part time job as you've started on a Saturday. Good luck with it.

There are people posting uninformed and ignorant opinion on a public website, some of which is quite vicious, about people they've never met. I am entitled to post equally ignorant opinion.

There are people posting uninformed and ignorant opinion on a public website

Is that not the purpose of the thread?
    Inexplicable = uninformed / ignorant

I haven't seen vicious content but haven't read the whole thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

I assume it's the ability to hide behind a keyboard that the internet affords people that allows the inexplicable hate and bitterness to continually pour forth here. Some borderline defamation here also. Maybe people should reread the thread title before posting. Inexplicable means you CAN'T explain.

Is that not the purpose of the thread?
    Inexplicable = uninformed / ignorant

I haven't seen vicious content but haven't read the whole thread.

Perhaps that is the purpose of the thread. If so, it's a nasty, mean-spirited purpose. It's the uglier side of social media that brings out the worst in people.

There are lots of posts that make snide and vicious personal comments about people whose only crime is to be well-known.

You only have to read back 3/4 pages to see the viciousness . Posts #584 and #614 just 2 examples of the viciousness.

Is that not the purpose of the thread? Inexplicable = uninformed / ignorant

Inexplicable was the point, yet some posters go into great detail as to why they hate someone they don't know. Irrational behaviour tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If you've a problem with posts just report them and stop derailing the thread.

Advertisement