Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Claudia Winkleman.. Just want to shave that head.

Yeah, 100%! Her hair has been in her eyes for so long now that even when she trims the fringe she still has a strained, squinty look out of habit. Herself and Tess Daly are horrific presenters of Strictly. Tess is one of the best looking women I've ever seen but has the personality of a wet sock.
    Loughc wrote: »
    I think they don't like him cause he's a smug prick.

He once used the line in an Odeon Cinema, "Do you not know who I am" when they charged him for popcorn and nachos.

I don't get this, why would he assume it's free? Was this overseen/heard by someone you know? I thought they all get "gifted" things like vouched and complimentary cards too even back before the Instagram #ad (very rarely used now).
    alaimacerc wrote: »
    Her TV dramedy thing was amazingly good, but her panel show turns are more cringe than anything else, yeah.

I think panel shows, in the long run will ruin stand up of routines for alot of these comedians. It's why alot of them move into acting asap. Panel shows are effectively scripted anyway with a little bit of leeway for ad libbing.
    During the Edinburgh Fringe for the last few years one of the most common things I heard said about shows were "I thought he/she would be funnier though, based on 8 Out of 10 Cats / Would I Lie to You etc".

As a Liverpool fan, I never thought I'd add a club legend to this list but ... Jamie Carragher.
    He's treading a fine line at the moment with "banter" and all that nonsense but I think he'll overstep it some day and get booted to TalkSport radio before we know it. His latest attempt at "banter" by trying to get the Wolves captain (Coady, excited about a potential transfer to Liverpool) live on air was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful to Wolves and Coady himself, who handled himself very well in responding.

• Site Banned Posts: 16 Nykay

Barbara Scully. She's on Newstalk every now and then. If someone says something she disagrees with she's likely to say "I could smack you". There was something on the show before about relationships, and someone texted in with a question regarding their single dad dating again. The host suggested to the texter to leave their dad do his thing and find his feet. Barbara had a massive problem with it, and believed the father should restrict his movements to online dating at the risk of offending a woman he made advances on. The host had to appease Barbara and basically pretend to agree with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She seems to be a bit of an attention seeker on the panel shows. Hogs the spotlight too much.

Very good looking. But yeah I think she has ADHD or something. I even saw her on Richard Osman's House of Games this week, and she just had to be loud on occasion just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,391 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Green Minister for Children Roderic O’Gorman. There’s just something about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cms88 wrote: »
    Whateve happened to the other one of them?

Movie special effects artist

• Advertisement

Ciara Kelly on Newstalk..... Screechy pain in the hole...... Try to be some sort of lefty loon half the time whilst b1tching about one if her sprogs getting 7th CAO choice as the posh schools were fncked over.

Also trys her hand at the insta pouty shots 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

cms88 wrote: »
    Whateve happened to the other one of them?

He really keeps a low profile, they're still performing together as the Rubberbandits apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Augeo wrote: »
    Ciara Kelly on Newstalk..... Screechy pain in the hole...... Try to be some sort of lefty loon half the time whilst b1tching about one if her sprogs getting 7th CAO choice as the posh schools were fncked over.

Smarmy smug shots more like it. Funny when she put up some picture of herself in a bikini, everyone copped the waistline photoshop job on it. Yep Ciara as a doc you should know everyone has a bellybutton. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Movie special effects artist

Who cares....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Very good looking. But yeah I think she has ADHD or something. I even saw her on Richard Osman's House of Games this week, and she just had to be loud on occasion just for the sake of it.
    That is more of a laid back show too. You would stick out like a sore thumb if you were being loud and wacky on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Who cares....

The guy that asked?
    Bendar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I don’t know a name but if anyone watches the ads before some programmes for an over 50s dating site - there’s a chat with a beard that just creeps me the f**k out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The guy that asked?
    Bendar

Oh.... ok sorry Ash....didn’t realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?

The guy I work with...he's in his 60s and goes on like a child. Always story topping and obsessed with status and qualifications ...he's threatened by anyone in a better role or say the likes of doctors etc he's a lazy prick and comments on everything...I can't wait to leave and I'm only there a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Augeo wrote: »

And she's a woman and she's a woman because she's a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Gay Byrne and Joe Dolan are dead and we still have to listen about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Gay Byrne.

On a similar vein - Kathleen Watkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fintan O'Toole - columnist of Irish Times
    Just a painfully obvious person writing painfully obvious columns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Johnny Depp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Nykay wrote: »
    Barbara Scully. She's on Newstalk every now and then. If someone says something she disagrees with she's likely to say "I could smack you". There was something on the show before about relationships, and someone texted in with a question regarding their single dad dating again. The host suggested to the texter to leave their dad do his thing and find his feet. Barbara had a massive problem with it, and believed the father should restrict his movements to online dating at the risk of offending a woman he made advances on. The host had to appease Barbara and basically pretend to agree with her!

That'd be the "guide to being an adult" (or something like that) slot on Moncrieff. The format does rather depend on the two guests having absurdly strong opinions on a delicate subject they have one (often piss-poorly written) short email on, and having a rather histrionic and allededly hilarious tiff about it.

That show has quite the rogue's gallery of guests. Quite a few of the one-offs are... strange. And even some of the regulars! When I first started listening, he'd Paolo Tullio on every week. Random thoughts on food and hard-right politics! ... 'k.

And to this day he has Mairead Lavery on. And. She. Is. awful. Obvs there's the 'farmer's poor mouth' stuff, but that's expected, so we'll price that in. She sometimes just pitches up and has absolutely no topic prepared, and just rambles on disjointedly. (Who does she think she is -- Ray D'Arcy?!) And of course, she has the usual pig-ignorant views on the environment. Once SM had on a fascinating item on about intelligence and tool use in the corvid family. She's on next, and comes right out with, "Dirty birds, I'd shoot them all."

• Advertisement

She seems to be a bit of an attention seeker on the panel shows. Hogs the spotlight too much.

That's an occupational hazard of those, mind. But it has stray into the uncomfortably ranty and unconfortable if they take that too far. Andrew Maxell, Johnny Vegas, we're looking at you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The happy pear two. Paul Howard, as Ross O'Carroll Kelly refers to them as Vegward. Genius in my book. Also most celebrity chefs, smoked Partridge in cider sauce, served with pureed pigeon ****, stunning. Also judges on cooking competitions, They eat the lot and then critisise it, whatever happened to the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Nadiya the baker.

Ticks all the inclusiveness boxes. Can't remember which show had the black character called token, might have been Southpark, Nadiya is token, in a different era.

Also judges on cooking competitions, They eat the lot and then critisise it, whatever happened to the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I have the opposite objection. The frequent line "I would eat it all". Not in the Hiberno-English sense of "would" -- they're sitting there not eating it, but rather gesturing at it, with one bite taken out, in largely hypothetical approval.

Ticks all the inclusiveness boxes. Can't remember which show had the black character called token, might have been Southpark, Nadiya is token, in a different era.

Certainly this observation sounds like it should be from a different era, but sadly much evidence suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Marty Whelan. He's like dog sh*t, it's everywhere and you will always manage to walk in it no matter how hard you try not to.

The Baz lad on rte1 now......

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Roderic O'Gorman has an annoying head on him. He's not in government a wet week and I'm sick of him already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Snoop Dogg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

that irish fella on youtube/whatsapp with the beard who always in a car and just shouting at his wife.

Advertisement