Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Oh God-was she the one who had the article on the rte website?

It was like some crap that would have appeared on websites like Cracked, or buzzfeed... the usual 'I've included gifs from friends/ 30 Rock/ Workaholics/ Dawson's Creek etc because I can't make a valid point with words... so I'm using gifs as lazy shorthand to make myself look smart'.

Think so, she is a blonde girl, 30 odd, don't know her name, but it was exactly as you describe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Not me but many many others: Meghan Markle. With huge emphasis on "inexplicably".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Think so, she is a blonde girl, 30 odd, don't know her name, but it was exactly as you describe

Yeah, that's her. The RTe website was meant to be revamped to be more 'modern'. Instead, it's like a Vice or Cracked article. And since those websites are pretty much dead now, it looks even more dated.
    I have to wonder how long until RTE cuts its losses, and lets the website die.

It's a farcical joke at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

It has deteriorated for sure, RTE is a badly run organization, I think people are getting tired of their self promotion

• Ken Early. Quite enjoy his articles (the odd time I read them) but something about him I cannot abide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

Marty Whelan
    Charlie Bird
    Philip Boucher-Hayes
    Claire Byrne
    Des Cahill
    Ray D'Arcy
    Maura Derrane
    Craig Doyle
    Eddie Hobbs
    Pat Kenny
    Katherine Lynch
    David McWilliams
    Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
    Dáithí Ó Sé
    Ryan Tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Brendan O Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Graham Norton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Justin Trudeau

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Paschal Donohue, the finance minister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RMAOK wrote: »
    Justin Trudeau

and anyone who likes him also!!

i would love to have seen his face opening the mail of body parts he received!

and anyone who likes him also!!

i would love to have seen his face opening the mail of body parts he received!

God, any female I knew, from 19 to 90 seemed to get 'thirsty' whenever they saw Trudeau.
    And the usual 'believe women' folks went quiet when he was 'alleged' to have been a bit handsy. Ya know, cos it's Trudeau... he gives em the vapours.

(He even got featured in Comic books-by supposedly respectable publishers. I wish I was joking. )

Soon as the black-face photos went up-boy howdy did people get quiet. Racism is something even people who claim to be woke can't justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Paschal Donohue, the finance minister.

He always reminds me of Mr Bean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The smiling Indian dude working in my local Spar. He’s too chirpy and friendly, and it comes across as false.

So I don’t like the prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The smiling Indian dude working in my local Spar. He’s too chirpy and friendly, and it comes across as false.

So I don’t like the prick.

There's a guy like that in Penneys in Limerick. Way too OTT, trying way too hard and like that, comes across as completely false.

There's a guy in my local Tesco who chats to everyone, is always friendly and never stops laughing, but you just know that's his real personality and he really is genuine. Lovely guy.
    Staff and customers alike, I've never heard anyone had a bad word to say about him. Pure gentleman.

There's a guy like that in Penneys in Limerick. Way too OTT, trying way too hard and like that, comes across as completely false.

There's a guy in my local Tesco who chats to everyone, is always friendly and never stops laughing, but you just know that's his real personality and he really is genuine. Lovely guy.
    Staff and customers alike, I've never heard anyone had a bad word to say about him. Pure gentleman.

Oh GOD! - I knew a guy just like the 'Tesco' guy meets the Penney's guy.

A total suck up-especially to people who were his superiors (I mean bosses, or folks higher up in the workplace- not people 'better than him', in case someone jumps to that conclusion). Boss or superior makes a joke, that would garner you, at best, a slight chuckle.... and you'd be greeted by Guffaw's you'd hear at a top class comedy set.

Everything just seemed so false, and pretendy. Used to annoy the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's a fella that does the twaffic traffic on DublinCity FM and I absolutely cannot listen to him because he can't pronounce the letter R. ''Twee minutes fwom Wanelagh to Hawold's Cwoss''. I know that's mean and unfair but it drives me a bit mad, excuse the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,310 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's a fella that does the twaffic traffic on DublinCity FM and I absolutely cannot listen to him because he can't pronounce the letter R. ''Twee minutes fwom Wanelagh to Hawold's Cwoss''. I know that's mean and unfair but it drives me a bit mad, excuse the pun.

Hugh Hick. I cant listen to him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

I know the Penney's guy he's such a gowl. He takes all day to do an exchange cos he's so busy trying to talk ****e to try impress people. I was 9 months pregnant standing in the queue for yonks cos he was too busy flirting with everyone men, women, dogs if they were allowed in. I dunno how I didn't jump the desk and give him a dig! Feck you for reminding me of him haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Michael McIntyre.....AAAAAGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Posted this in the wrong thread a few moments ago, but Mary Mitchell O'Connor is someone I cannot stand.

Posted this in the wrong thread a few moments ago, but Mary Mitchell O'Connor is someone I cannot stand.

She's so useless, she's effectively being given crayons and a colouring book by Leo so that he doesn't have to listen to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Russell Brand, especially since he started bigging himself as some sort of new age guru. He has sponsored ads popping up on Facebook lately.

Russell Brand, especially since he started bigging himself as some sort of new age guru. He has sponsored ads popping up on Facebook lately.

Yeah-it's a 12 step program.
    He's essentially making money from re-selling the 12 step program to people-or at least starting it off as free, then charging you for it.

I understand him WANTING to help people-genuinely, I do. But putting so much pressure on himself, sorta 'revealing' a lot about himself.

Like, the signup thing is free-so since it was free, I was like 'I'll sign up'.

He's been honest about being molested and how that affected him tho, so I respect him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

James Kavanagh, an absolute Crayture

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

God, any female I knew, from 19 to 90 seemed to get 'thirsty' whenever they saw Trudeau.
    And the usual 'believe women' folks went quiet when he was 'alleged' to have been a bit handsy. Ya know, cos it's Trudeau... he gives em the vapours.

(He even got featured in Comic books-by supposedly respectable publishers. I wish I was joking. )

Soon as the black-face photos went up-boy howdy did people get quiet. Racism is something even people who claim to be woke can't justify.

i think he get's parodied in "the long shot" by seth rogan too as "handsy"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Russell Howard.
    He can be funny but he really does the "PC" thing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Justin Trudeau

I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crisps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crisps ;)
    Might depend on the flavour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Irish actor Gerard McSorley, from what I read he seems to be a right toe rag.

Advertisement