Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

GCIREL wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas

I remember she wan't to bad until she started all the yelling and shouting!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Honeydew3456

Theresa Mannion and I feel like such a b*tch saying this buy say it I will!!

It all started with the weather report on the storm in Galway and then she went on Dancing with the Stars and I felt she was just trying too hard to be fun, hip and cool. I used to walk out of the room when her dance routine came on, she was soooo bad and sooo annoying that I couldn't bear to watch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brian Dowling . He just bugs me

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Kathryn Thomas

The only thing I can say in her favour is she has a cracking arse.
    Apart from that she's obsessed with social media.

Fr Bian D’arcey , always sniffing around celebrities .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Jack Whitehall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,232 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jack Whitehall

About as inexplicable as Josef Fritzl.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭gmufc19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Fr Bian D’arcey , always sniffing around celebrities .

Doing a lot of funerals lately

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jack Whitehall
    Comes across as such a posh boy fag.

There's nothing uniique about him, he's so vanilla. Safe and worn old gags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Comes across as such a posh boy fag.

There's nothing uniique about him, he's so vanilla. Safe and worn old gags.
    his dad is a funny man though
    Dry dark humour

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leedsforever

Ray Darcy. By a country mile. I think he's only on the radio so he can say the word MUM as many times as possible in a show. Mum mum mum mum mum mum mum mum mum mum. What the hell? I have to switch him off usually after about 5 mins. I know why he said he'd take a pay cut because he knows no one else in their right minds would pay him to spout drivel every day on the radio.
    One thing he does well is misery. Just what Ireland needs, someone broadcasting misery when there's enough in people's real lives already.
    To the Kathryn Thomas haters out there.....at least she's bleedin' cheerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That cretin in the English Championship with the baggy windbreaker who squats down on the side of the pitch.

Don’t know who he is but get a fuhherking top that fits ffs.

And sit on a frikken seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The media coverage around Prince Harry and Megan.

I mean, the royal family, ALL of em, just annoy the hell outta me. And when Virgin Media 1 was doing programs about em, I just switched away because 'co-owned by a British company, bound to cover British nonsense'.

Now it's flipping RTE, and Prime Time, and so many more doing coverage of 'Harry and Meghan/ Megan...' (I don't care how you spell her name) and the royal family.

Why does the IRish media keep obsessing over them? They're not in any way shape or form going to affect our economy, or Brexit, or anything.
    It's just rubbish. What's gonna happen next, are they gonna be talking about Vogue and the guy she's had a kid with on the Week in Politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That cretin in the English Championship with the baggy windbreaker who squats down on the side of the pitch.

Don’t know who he is but get a fuhherking top that fits ffs.

And sit on a frikken seat.

Are you talking about Marcelo Bielsa?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Can we just change the name of the thread to "People you can't stand" because people don't know what inexplicably means.

Arghus wrote: »
    Are you talking about Marcelo Bielsa?

Who is he?

Some cretin with a baggy top almost down to his knees who squats on the side of a pitch.

If your man fits the bill....that’s him.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ciara Kelly. GP who realized she wanted a more showbiz lifestyle and needed a national platform to put the country to rights via radio programmes, social media and newspaper columns. Sorta like Leo Varadkar

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Agricola wrote: »
    Ciara Kelly...

A woman with an enormously over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Ciara Kelly. GP who realized she wanted a more showbiz lifestyle and needed a national platform to put the country to rights via radio programmes, social media and newspaper columns. Sorta like Leo Varadkar

Any doctor who feels the need to be a TV celebrity seem to be all the same . The seek attention and full of their own importance

• Advertisement

Didn’t know Leo had a newspaper column?

What outlet is he on?

jimgoose wrote: »
    A woman with an enormously over-inflated sense of self-worth.

I followed Newstalk on twitter and had to unfollow in early January such was the barrage of her selfies being retweeted for the purpose of promoting their 100 days of walking thing. Her own feed is peppered with vanity shots of herself.
    You're knocking 50 love, put it away for the love 'a God.
    Didn’t know Leo had a newspaper column?

What outlet is he on?

Doesn't have one now as far as I know but considering he seemed to have a BnB arrangement in Montrose and Ballymount so he could pop up on every radio and TV panel possible in the years before he became leader, he must have had semi regular column in a paper.
    And by that I don't mean simply appearing on radio/tv to speak about a topic in his capacity as Minister for ........, Varadkar could have been mistaken for Marian Finucane's teaboy at one point. The guy was a regular talking head on Irish media since he first got elected, no different to any journalist paid to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I followed Newstalk on twitter and had to unfollow in early January such was the barrage of her selfies being retweeted for the purpose of promoting their 100 days of walking thing. Her own feed is peppered with vanity shots of herself.
    Your knocking 50 love, put it away for the love 'a God.

She's an attractive enough woman, what drives me up the wall is the way she's an expert of everything and a self-appointed "intellectual".

She's an attractive enough woman, what drives me up the wall is the way she's an expert of everything and a self-appointed "intellectual".

I agree, not making a thing about her attractiveness, if I was subjected to endless selfies of Beyoncé, I'd be unfollowing too! She just seems very narcissistic and as you say, very opinionated on lots of things she has no expertise on.

You're knocking 50 love, put it away for the love 'a God.

Doesn't have one now as far as I know but considering he seemed to have a BnB arrangement in Montrose and Ballymount so he could pop up on every radio and TV panel possible in the years before he became leader, he must have had semi regular column in a paper.
    And by that I don't mean simply appearing on radio/tv to speak about a topic in his capacity as Minister for ........, Varadkar could have been mistaken for Marian Finucane's teaboy at one point. The guy was a regular talking head on Irish media since he first got elected, no different to any journalist paid to do the same.

:confused:

Mistaken for Marian Finucane’s teaboy..... what does that mean?

Cannot understand that description, don’t remember him being on MF too often unless invited?

Could you expand ?

The botox and the makeup makes her look a lot better than she actually is.

What aggravated me most was when she started an 'Irish Weinstein' story on twitter a while back.
    (Not the IRish Weinstein tag-that was something else entirely).

She made allegations on twitter, but under the guise of 'being a journalist' since she was working for a paper at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The botox and the makeup makes her look a lot better than she actually is.

What aggravated me most was when she started an 'Irish Weinstein' story on twitter a while back.
    (Not the IRish Weinstein tag-that was something else entirely).

She made allegations on twitter, but under the guise of 'being a journalist' since she was working for a paper at the time.
    I think the botox makes her look worse but I generally hate that look anyway. Loads of attractive women have ruined their faces unnecceserraly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

She’s another misery maker - I have newstalk on at work but have to turn her off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Dr ciara Kelly is doing a bit of walking, what's noteworthy about this? Also there was a woman who gave up drink for November, and was on the rte website, and in the paper telling people, blonde girl, didn't seem like the brightest spark, you gave up the soup love, you didn't cure cancer.

• Advertisement

Dr ciara Kelly is doing a bit of walking, what's noteworthy about this? Also there was a woman who gave up drink for November, and was on the rte website, and in the paper telling people, blonde girl, didn't seem like the brightest spark, you gave up the soup love, you didn't cure cancer.

Oh God-was she the one who had the article on the rte website?

It was like some crap that would have appeared on websites like Cracked, or buzzfeed... the usual 'I've included gifs from friends/ 30 Rock/ Workaholics/ Dawson's Creek etc because I can't make a valid point with words... so I'm using gifs as lazy shorthand to make myself look smart'.

Advertisement