Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "sham's" wardrobe is worth more than yours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Have you had problems in past where the other shoe won't fit
    It's not just about fitting, it's how they look on me. Besides, I'm pretty certain my feet are not perfectly symmetrical so it's worth making sure the shoes are comfortable on both feet. I'd rather take the extra 30 seconds of trying both on to make sure I'm happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Wow ok. Do you just put your right leg in a pair of trousers before buying?

No but when I am trying on trousers or jeans I am more concerned about the waist so I need to try them on properly. To be honest I have never even considered trying on 2 shoes before buying, am I strange?

I think that is a little bit strange! Dya not like to take a few steps in them to judge how comfortable they are for walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Most peoples are. My right foot and right hand (and right boob incidentally) are all a little bigger than their left comrades. If a shoe fits my right foot then I know the size will be grand on my left.

You sound like a very unbalanced person.

RWCNT wrote: »
    I think that is a little bit strange! Dya not like to take a few steps in them to judge how comfortable they are for walking?
    exactly! Do you not walk around the shop a bit to make sure they feel ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You sound like a very unbalanced person.

No,she sounds alright.;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Wesser wrote: »
    A sham?
    Wtf

A sham???
    Where did you get that word?

Longford. Sham.

Brown Thomas sell Air Max now :)
    The classic ones mainly from what I've noticed ........ nice too.
    I prefer my Air Max to my Barkers or Loakes truth be told but some folk do turn their nose at the Air Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

The minimum amount 200 bills could be in this country is E1000. I doubt it.

I'm guessing you're not Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

MadDog76 wrote:

You'd be wrong.

Have I messed something up? A bill is a note, surely. The smallest note is a fiver. 200 fivers would be 1000 euro.

In fact, I'd have thought describing something as "200 bills" is an Americanism anyway, so I don't see how my nationality comes into it...

You'd be wrong.

Have I messed something up? A bill is a note, surely. The smallest note is a fiver. 200 fivers would be 1000 euro.

In fact, I'd have thought describing something as "200 bills" is an Americanism anyway, so I don't see how my nationality comes into it...

"Bills" is a common way of referring to "ones" money-wise in Dublin (probably elsewhere in Ireland too?) with the "ones" being punts, pounds, euros or whatever, ie. "200 bills" is 200 euro in Ireland.

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote:
    "Bills" is a common way of referring to "ones" money-wise in Dublin (probably elsewhere in Ireland too?) with the "ones" being punts, pounds, euros or whatever, ie. "200 bills" is 200 euro in Ireland.

Never heard bills out of anyone in Dublin til I was in my twenties. I'd be pretty confident it's an Americanism.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

In Donegal Shams wore jeans and checked shirts and drove modified cars under their mothers insurance. Its not a word I've heard used here for ten to fifteen years though since modified cars went out of fashion.

Never heard bills out of anyone in Dublin til I was in my twenties. I'd be pretty confident it's an Americanism.
    We're saying lids now

We're saying lids now

Lids I have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

We're saying lids now

Ah heyur, a lid is a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It's Squid. Twenty Squid.
    And nobody's feet or hands or eyes are symmetrical.
    My left foot is a full half size bigger than my right so in shoe shops I have to beg for the LEFT one, please. That it fits the right foot is irrelevant - that's the small foot.
    I think fifty squid is more than plenty to pay for daytime runners - for ordinary wear, that is to say, not serious sportsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Day Lewin wrote: »
    It's Squid. Twenty Squid.
    And nobody's feet or hands or eyes are symmetrical.
    My left foot is a full half size bigger than my right so in shoe shops I have to beg for the LEFT one, please. That it fits the right foot is irrelevant - that's the small foot.
    I think fifty squid is more than plenty to pay for daytime runners - for ordinary wear, that is to say, not serious sportsing.

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/mismates-people-whose-feet-are-different-sizes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm a size 12 shoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Tigger wrote: »
    I'm a size 12 shoe

Same. Well my left is. My rights an 11. I buy 12s anyway. Someone will make a fortune offering "shoes that fit" as opposed to "shoes of a particular size".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Every woman in Ireland to every other women in Ireland..

Q: Where'd you get that top?

A: Pennies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Very popular word with the Tuam folk, never heard it used elsewhere though.

Used in Limerick alot.

Here's a clue, the Op said "200 bills" and you were the only poster to misunderstand/question the reference. ;)

MadDog76 wrote: »
    You'd be wrong.

Out of curiosity I had a look through some of your old posts ........... you're American so that explains the confusion. :)

MadDog76 wrote:
    Out of curiosity I had a look through some of your old posts ........... you're American so that explains the confusion.

We've spoken about it before. If you don't like that I am Irish, you will have to take it up with the constitution. And I have lived here all my life, so take your condescension and insert it in the orifice of your choice.

I got the reference, as 200 euro is more in the range for shoes. It doesn't mean saying 200 bills makes any sense.

We've spoken about it before. If you don't like that I am Irish, you will have to take it up with the constitution. And I have lived here all my life, so take your condescension and insert it in the orifice of your choice.

I got the reference, as 200 euro is more in the range for shoes. It doesn't mean saying 200 bills makes any sense.

Calm down, think I hit a nerve!!! :eek:

If "we've spoken about it before" I certainly don't remember you or your/our posts. :confused:

The only reason I knew you weren't Irish is from your confusion over the "bills" reference which, as a True Blue Dub, I've heard countless times over the years and the only reason I knew you were American is from some your posts (as I said) so you need to relax. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67321566 (post 203)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67321566&postcount=203

You said you were American, not me.

As charming and insightful as you seem, I will not be replying to you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Sham. Is that short for shamdazzler?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As charming and insightful as you seem, I will not be replying to you again.

AH is such a great place to find people for the ignore list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

red ears wrote: »
    Every woman in Ireland to every other women in Ireland..

Q: Where'd you get that top?

A: Pennies

And it's a spoof half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

At least we create a load of jobs for Chinese kids with our consumption patterns and massive profits for the minority, which of course 'trickle down'!

Advertisement