Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "sham's" wardrobe is worth more than yours

Options
  • 06-05-2017 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Just think about that the next time you feel like judging a young fella with his trackies tucked into his socks.

I went into a sportswear shop that won't be named yesterday and guffawed at the prices. 80+ for trackie bottoms. Nearly 200 bills for a pair of runners that look ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

A true sham won't have been in any shop and still have all that gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Cant understand the price of trainers these days.

I shopped around and picked up a pair for 40 in tkmaxx.

They may have Clinton'97 written all over them in stars and stripes, but they're every bit as functional as the 190 euro nikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

"sham"?

I must be getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Fart wrote:
    I must be getting old.

Fart wrote:
    "sham"?

Never too old Fart, never too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You may well guffaw at those prices but they pick up fakes at a market stall for a quarter of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

You may well guffaw at those prices but they pick up fakes at a market stall for a quarter of the price.

Someone's buying them otherwise the place would have no reason to have so many shops.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP - you have no idea what my wardrobe is worth. Well not until now anyway

Have paid over 300 quid for a pair of shorts....

Beasty wrote: »
    OP - you have no idea what my wardrobe is worth. Well not until now anyway

Have paid over 300 quid for a pair of shorts....

300 quid well spent, the difference between being crippled and breaking records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

My wardrobe was very reasonably priced.
    Thanks Ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The minimum amount 200 bills could be in this country is E1000. I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

A sham?
    Wtf

A sham???
    Where did you get that word?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Went into JD Sports and asked to try a pair of runners, some ghastly sweatshop produced tat for 80 euro. Anyway the young fella comes out with one shoe so obviously I ask where's the other one. "We're only allowed give one runner at a time". Told him to get the manager and told her to bring me the other shoe which she does eventually. Scrotes be lovin sportswear.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Went into JD Sports and asked to try a pair of runners, some ghastly sweatshop produced tat for 80 euro. Anyway the young fella comes out with one shoe so obviously I ask where's the other one. "We're only allowed give one runner at a time". Told him to get the manager and told her to bring me the other shoe which she does eventually. Scrotes be lovin sportswear.

Are your feet completely different sizes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Just think about that the next time you feel like judging a young fella with his trackies tucked into his socks.

I went into a sportswear shop that won't be named yesterday and guffawed at the prices. 80+ for trackie bottoms. Nearly 200 bills for a pair of runners that look ridiculous.

You do realise that a true shans gear is counterfeit bought from Facebook groups. You. An kit yourself out in the latest adidas style clothing and shoes for around €80 tops and that's if your paying top dollar. If you know a bloke who knows a bloke it'll cost less than €50.

sugarman wrote: »
    Except for the fact they wear fake counterfeits bought in Meath St/Moore st/Talot st for the most part.
    That's what I thought but what young fella goes around taking the codes off these runners to quote them at some counterfeit shat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Giving the sham two trainers to try out is like a gun store handing ammo to a guy checking out a gun

No. Do you only try one shoe before buying?

Yes, always just the right foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

I can see your point and the shops point.

Give a scrote the pair and he'd be out of that shop like Mo Farah. They're called "runners" after all.

Yes, always just the right foot.
    Wow ok. Do you just put your right leg in a pair of trousers before buying?

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »

Give a scrote the pair and he'd be out of that shop like Mo Farah. They're called "runners" after all.
    Oh I can see why they do it but I'm not having that as I'm clearly not a scrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Most peoples are. My right foot and right hand (and right boob incidentally) are all a little bigger than their left comrades. If a shoe fits my right foot then I know the size will be grand on my left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

Wesser wrote: »
    A sham?
    Wtf

A sham???

Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

sugarman wrote: »
    Except for the fact they wear fake counterfeits bought in Meath St/Moore st/Talot st for the most part.

Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

cml387 wrote: »

Oh I can see why they do it but I'm not having that as I'm clearly not a scrote.
    Well we only have your word for that.

What we do know: you were in buying shams shoes from a shams shoes shop, and they didn't trust you with two shoes. Maybe you look like a scrote.

Wow ok. Do you just put your right leg in a pair of trousers before buying?

No but when I am trying on trousers or jeans I am more concerned about the waist so I need to try them on properly. To be honest I have never even considered trying on 2 shoes before buying, am I strange?

No but when I am trying on trousers or jeans I am more concerned about the waist so I need to try them on properly. To be honest I have never even considered trying on 2 shoes before buying, am I strange?
    I'm not sure which one of us is strange now. I'd never even consider NOT trying both shoes before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm not sure which one of us is strange now. I'd never even consider NOT trying both shoes before buying.

Have you had problems in past where the other shoe won't fit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wesser wrote: »
    A sham?
    Wtf

A sham???

Very popular word with the Tuam folk, never heard it used elsewhere though.

• Advertisement

This needs some sort of poll....

Advertisement