Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation Maintenance salaries

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

rossb2009 wrote: »
    Also you probably wouldn't make that in most companies in Dublin without working very anti-social hours (nights) or very long shifts.

depends on the industry, as a skilled person, I'd say you'd make that money in IT doing mon-fri..Don't get me wrong, I don't regret getting into aviation, but I wouldn't be recommending it to anyone as a career given the current pay and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

rossb2009 wrote: »
    I agree that applying for a mortgage the bonus part may not come into equation but gross salary will still be over 40k for an uncertified mech and over 50k for certifying staff. Not the worst in the industry in ireland and not the best, somewhere in the middle.

And whats the rest of the package like? Holidays? Staff travel ? Pension? Do the cimpany cover training expenses Etc etc.

Id say recentley you could earn 50k in dal, but unfortunatley it is not guaranteed money.

Put it this way, dal are recruiting in romania and bulgaria for full time staff (its on their website) , if the package was attractive they would have no need to do this .

Remeber 50k for a certifying engineer on base maintenance is quite low considering the work involved, there's elements of a management role in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Said id resurrect this thread to see have pay and condition improved in the last year for Mechs, B1's , B2's. Whos hiring and where's the best conditions and salary at the moment in Ireland .?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gillicuddy

5 years later but might help others rough idea of salarys in Dub at present as B1 single type

Ryr B1 95k

Emerald B1 80k

Aer lingus B1 63k

Bosa/Direct B1 83k

Dal B1 58k

All are hiring in Ireland pretty much , same for Europe,Aus, middle east etc plenty of work if your willing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jaysus there is some difference between FR&Ei salary wise, Would it be the case that FR is salary and that's it no pension or private health care.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My assumption would be that the conditions/pension would be better with EI.

But I cant see how they could be 30K "better". No wonder the EI engineers are packing it in and moving.

"Smart Flees Aer Lingus" is the meme I was sent by an EI mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gillicuddy

Correct , pension in e.i around 4k per annum iirc , no health insurance for engineers , ryr barebones 95k , emerald has a pension plan in place , bosa/direct not sure on pension , the only one that's not 24/7 365 shift would be Dal

They actually all have or had active advertisements online recently showing all salaries packages etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

A lot of people don't look at health care pension provisions and death in service as part of their total salary/package.

Pre pandemic I had one of our drivers complaining about the job etc, They were complaining about the hours and i told him aboit the hours i did while working in the airport and more or less having no social life due to working days nights weekends etc, And for a driver who worked M/F with the odd Saturday they had it handy. I also pulled him up by saying the private health care for his family if they were to pay for it themselves would be €5k + a year. Then Pension depending on what grade you are could be another €5k on top. The death in service again depends on grade and salary and if you're married or single and could be anything from €200k upto €600k plus. .

Advertisement