Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever lie awake in your bed, look around and think..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

anna080 wrote: »
    I'll take solace in knowing that if someone murders me, at least the cared about me enough to murder me

They'll probably think you're someone else.

So thats that ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

PARlance wrote: »
    Careful now, you might get electrocuted.

Its a knife with a wooden handle. HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Glenster wrote: »

So thats that ruined.

As long as they mistake me for someone hot I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Keep a glass of acid beside your bed it will come in handy.

Don't go bed stay out on your porch with a shotgun works wonders.
    Downside you will never sleep.

Booby trap your room so there are limited safe places to step.

Watch the walking dead get some survival tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

woohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Around Christmas there were lots of break ins around my area (very rural). Mr M was away for several weeks. I'm normally never scared at home on my own, but I had a nervous night or two when community alerts were bleeping on my mobile every evening. So I took the defrosting spray for my car, you know, the tall spray bottles you get in Lidl. I kept it there, beside my bed, sure does no harm.

I'd defrost the ****ers like chickens should the need arise.:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Any trouble I reach for my piss bottle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

Around Christmas there were lots of break ins around my area (very rural). Mr M was away for several weeks. I'm normally never scared at home on my own, but I had a nervous night or two when community alerts were bleeping on my mobile every evening. So I took the defrosting spray for my car, you know, the tall spray bottles you get in Lidl. I kept it there, beside my bed, sure does no harm.

I'd defrost the ****ers like chickens should the need arise.:D:cool:

In case you're ever broken into, get yourself a small safe. Fill it up with pieces of newspapers. Lock it up and put it somewhere that you can easily see in your living room/kitchen. If you're ever broken into, they will more than likely take the safe thinking there's money in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

If someone walked into the room to attack me, what would I do to defend myself? Am in bed alone now and if someone came into the room to try and harm me I don't think there's anything in here that I could grab to defend myself. Maybe a pair of blunt toe nail scissors, but I'd have to rummage to find them and I'd probably be murdered by then.
    Should we all sleep with a knife under the bed? :pac:

Get yerself a lad to join you in the leaba. Wile away the time with a bit of rumpy pumpy. He will defo protect you for a feel of your ample baps !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Get yerself a lad to join you in the leaba. Wile away the time with a bit of rumpy pumpy. He will defo protect you for a feel of your ample baps !

Why did I read this in a Scottish accent? I have one but he's away :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Op needs a terrier. Snuggly yet fierce, alert and loud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Now I'm reading it in Billy Conolly's voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I'm usually too tired to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Claw hammer in the bedside cabinet next to me here, as the bedroom window is double glazed and only opens at the top I want to be able to get out in a hurry in case of fire. Should also suffice to embed into the skull of anyone intending harm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I have a bat that I named alfred on my side of the bed incase anyone broke in, missus house was broken into when she was the only one in the place, so is sensitive to the issue hence alfred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Glenster wrote: »

So thats that ruined.

As long as they mistake me for someone hot I'm happy
    Which you are, if I remember right. 
    *not a stalker*

*might be a stalker*

mojesius wrote: »
    Op needs a terrier. Snuggly yet fierce, alert and loud

Yep. My bigger dog wouldn't hear an intruder until they were beside her and then she'd probably give them a lick and lead them to the valuables.
    My terrier on the other hand can't let a leaf blow by on a breeze without waking me to warn me about it. He's incredible. I don't think he ever truly sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

I'm lying in bed thinking of what do i do with my life. I'm mid 30s, stuck in a job where I'm the office scapegoat. Trying to figure out what to do. I can't afford to go back to college for the third time in my life. And for what, for it all to go tits up again. I'll be 40 with no life and broke after college. Wouldn't be able to travel at 40 and can't exactly afford a mortgage now, i don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm getting older with nothing to show for it. I wish i can take 20 years of my life and start all over again at 18. That's what I'm thinking lying awake in bed tonight.

Yes. I'm sure all of us from time to time lay awake worrying about things. I do, I know.

It could be work-related, financial, or just general angst like worrying about dying. And worrying about dying is perfectly rational; I’m sure we all do it since we all know we’re going to die.

What’s not rational is worrying about dying because someone sneaks into your bedroom at night at kills you. That’s probably about as likely as being killed by a meteorite.

Worry about causes of death that are actually common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If someone walked into the room to attack me, what would I do to defend myself? Am in bed alone now and if someone came into the room to try and harm me I don't think there's anything in here that I could grab to defend myself. Maybe a pair of blunt toe nail scissors, but I'd have to rummage to find them and I'd probably be murdered by then.

I have a "That's not a knife....THAT'S a knife!!!" knife under my bed. Been there so long that it's probably rusty. Last time it was used was to pare a scratchy toenail when I couldn't find a pair of scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Which you are, if I remember right. 
    *not a stalker*

*might be a stalker*

We have a suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

In case you're ever broken into, get yourself a small safe. Fill it up with pieces of newspapers. Lock it up and put it somewhere that you can easily see in your living room/kitchen. If you're ever broken into, they will more than likely take the safe thinking there's money in it.

And it might end up on Boards as another "I found a safe" thread :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I have a Bob. Aka my other half.

Bob will slap with things..

I would use knifes and bricks..

Be like Bob. **** an object at them.

Using knifes might get a week of jail or a bill for bricks.

Bob would fire a few items that would kill a burglar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

First line - a dog
    Second line - a dagger
    Third line - a sword.......
    If someone comes into my bedroom, I'm expecting someone to die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

What was the name of that serial killer who hid in women's bedroom wardrobes before committing his crimes?

The Night Stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When I watched freddy Krueger, I used to be paranoid his claws would come through the mattress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just don't go to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Often! She was big, blonde and beautiful and I tried valiantly to fight her off but to no avail! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I would ask them if they smiled at the cameras on the way up the stairs. Then leg it out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Academic wrote: »
    Yes. I'm sure all of us from time to time lay awake worrying about things. I do, I know.

It could be work-related, financial, or just general angst like worrying about dying. And worrying about dying is perfectly rational; I?m sure we all do it since we all know we?re going to die.

What?s not rational is worrying about dying because someone sneaks into your bedroom at night at kills you. That?s probably about as likely as being killed by a meteorite.

Worry about causes of death that are actually common.

The op was about what would happen if someone came into her room while she was in bed. This is not limited to murderers on the rampage, it could include thieves and even drunk people who get lost on the way home from the pub

(genuine story. After Munster won the Champions cup in 2006, my brothers wife was woken up by a young fella stumbling blind drunk and confused into her bedroom. He turned down the wrong corridor in a block of flats and somehow got into her flat. Yer man hadn't a clue where he was and thought she was in his room and was demanding that she get out.. )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

If you need someone to come over for a wee fondle of your funbags you only have to say the word

Advertisement