Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever lie awake in your bed, look around and think..

Options
  • 05-05-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

If someone walked into the room to attack me, what would I do to defend myself? Am in bed alone now and if someone came into the room to try and harm me I don't think there's anything in here that I could grab to defend myself. Maybe a pair of blunt toe nail scissors, but I'd have to rummage to find them and I'd probably be murdered by then.
    Should we all sleep with a knife under the bed? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I get into bed and usually asleep before I have time to think about being murdered in my bed.

That said, how many people do you know that have been murdered in their bed at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭Grueller

If I heard them in time they would have two rifles and a shotgun to answer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Get yourself some blackout blinds. No more looking around in bed at night once you have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

First mistake already made OP

He wont be walking into the room.

He is already under the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Stop watching television before bed, let your mind relax

• Advertisement

I've some empty glass beer and wine bottles lying around my bed.
    Some people might say that's a result of problem drinking but I prefer to look at it as preparation of implements for self-defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sleep in the wardrobe, then when the intruder walks in, jump out and shout "BOO", you'll give the fecker a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What was the name of that serial killer who hid in women's bedroom wardrobes before committing his crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

you could always flash him

You could disarm him with your feminine charms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You'd hear them coming, you'd have time to panic and at least jump out of your bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would hide under the covers and stick out my middle finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Grueller wrote: »
    If I heard them in time they would have two rifles and a shotgun to answer to.

Have you three ****ing hands or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Yeah, occasionally. I have a pool ball (dresser) and a sock (floor) both within arms reach though.
    I do yoga nidra on headphones every night to quiet my mind or I can't sleep. Try it, youtube- yoga nidra for sleep- only takes 20 minutes and your mind is switched off and you feel like you are floating on a cloud after it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

I'm lying in bed thinking of what do i do with my life. I'm mid 30s, stuck in a job where I'm the office scapegoat. Trying to figure out what to do. I can't afford to go back to college for the third time in my life. And for what, for it all to go tits up again. I'll be 40 with no life and broke after college. Wouldn't be able to travel at 40 and can't exactly afford a mortgage now, i don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm getting older with nothing to show for it. I wish i can take 20 years of my life and start all over again at 18. That's what I'm thinking lying awake in bed tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

They really shouldn't burst in on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

While ur riding anyway.

I would throw all of my books at them!

Sometimes after watching my murder stories I do contemplate such things. Mostly I think about the past. I also do this weird thing where I pick a random famous person and wonder what they are doing right now.

A lock on your bedroom door would give you peace of mind. F you dont have intruder alarm system. You willhear someone trying to open your locked door. Giving you time to pick up your weapon of choice and/or make a phone call.
    Think bread knife instead of nail scissors

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

What was the name of that serial killer who hid in women's bedroom wardrobes before committing his crimes?

Not sure of his real name but I believe he went by the username of Senna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    A lock on your bedroom door would give you peace of mind. F you dont have intruder alarm system. You willhear someone trying to open your locked door. Giving you time to pick up your weapon of choice and/or make a phone call.
    Think bread knife instead of nail scissors

Bread knife?

What are you going to do.... grab their hand and start a sawing motion until you break skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Why in the name of goodness would anyone wish to do that? Murder a complete stranger for no reason?
    Are you stinko rich or a wicked blackmailer? Maybe a recanting drug dealer or a heart-breaker?
    Relax, go to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What with all the annihilation fetishist lately?

The dry weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

PARlance wrote: »
    Bread knife?

What are you going to do.... grab their hand and start a sawing motion until you break skin.

Soft tissue of the ear into the brain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

its not an episode of criminal minds mate. no one cares enough about you to kill you.

PARlance wrote: »
    Bread knife?

No ill shove it through your socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Glenster wrote: »
    its not an episode of criminal minds mate. no one cares enough about you to kill you.

I'll take solace in knowing that if someone murders me, at least the cared about me enough to murder me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    No ill shove it through your socket.

Careful now, you might get electrocuted.

• Advertisement

M8 not football friends?

Advertisement