Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Murderer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭denismc

Serial killer Ted Bundy had a huge female following even though he was a well known rapist/ muderer. His trials were full of female fans and while in jail he recieved love letters and marriage proposals!
    Apparantly there is a name for this, Hybristophilia!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Yes, but only if she was convicted of riding a lesbian to death

........ only then would I be in any way interested in what she has to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I voted no mainly because you included the following in your OP: "Someone renowned". I like my anonymity so I'd *HATE* the notoriety of being involved with a renowned murderer.

I could definitely date someone who had killed someone in self-defence, or even in retribution (e.g. a woman who killed her rapist or someone who'd abused her child) so long as they weren't a notorious public figure, but I doubt I could date someone who'd comitted first degree murder outside of those sort of circumstances TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Depends what they murdered for. If they killed someone for their own pleasure or money - no way.

If they killed some as that person hurt their family or someone they loved - maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

denismc wrote: »
    Serial killer Ted Bundy had a huge female following even though he was a well known rapist/ muderer. His trials were full of female fans and while in jail he recieved love letters and marriage proposals!
    Apparantly there is a name for this, Hybristophilia!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

Surprising at how common this is. Even Charlie Mason was recently married to a 28 year old 'fan'.

Nearly every high profile killer seems to have this happen, especially if they're any way good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Surprising at how common this is. Even Charlie Mason was recently married to a 28 year old 'fan'.

Nearly every high profile killer seems to have this happen, especially if they're any way good looking.

Dont forget Richard Ramirez. He was pretty good looking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I probably would, once they weren't rough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Sleepy wrote: »
    I voted no mainly because you included the following in your OP: "Someone renowned". I like my anonymity so I'd *HATE* the notoriety of being involved with a renowned murderer.

I could definitely date someone who had killed someone in self-defence, or even in retribution (e.g. a woman who killed her rapist or someone who'd abused her child) so long as they weren't a notorious public figure, but I doubt I could date someone who'd comitted first degree murder outside of those sort of circumstances TBH.
    What if she is a liar and a Murderer? like in the movie Gone Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsparkle69

Easy to say no, but it would depend on the person's looks/ personality. As someone said before, they could have had their reasons and wouldn't do it again. Sure anyone could be dating a murderer and not know it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Parchment wrote: »
    Dont forget Richard Ramirez. He was pretty good looking though.

Just reading up on Ramirez's upbringing. Jesus Christ, what a f***ed up childhood he had. His dad was abusive, his older cousin was a right psycho, and his brother in law was a peeping tom who used to take him along on his nightly exploits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Arghus wrote: »
    No. I just hate the sound of The South African or American accent.

Fave Film?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What if she is a liar and a Murderer? like in the movie Gone Girl.
    I'd obviously have to be believing her lies. Unlikely enough tbh, I've a pretty good BS detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

As long as she's purty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

As long as she's purty.

Yeah but then you both get older and you're saddled with a murderess for a wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Yeah but then you both get older and you're saddled with a murderess for a wife.

Date.

Not surgically bond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Who said anything about marriage, all I want is a crazy to laugh at my jokes and know how to make a bomb, I think I'm after Harley Quinn. Plus I'm 114 I ain't getting married now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd obviously have to be believing her lies. Unlikely enough tbh, I've a pretty good BS detector.
    Most Psychopaths are very good habitual liars and are very good at fooling most people pathological liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Winterlong wrote: »
    Is she still on the dating scene though?

maxresdefault.jpg

That French lad Emmanuel Macron has dibs on her when old George pops his clogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I would like a threesome with the scissor sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

testicles wrote: »
    Amanda Knox is a murderer?

She was. And then she wasn't. And then she was again.
    But now she isn't.

Them Italians can't make up their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ask Pauline Tully McAuley (School teacher and Sinn Fein councilor for a decade) how it worked out with Pearce McAuley, who she married while he was still in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Ask Pauline Tully McAuley (School teacher and Sinn Fein councilor for a decade) how it worked out with Pearce McAuley, who she married while he was still in prison.

Never date a shinner trumps never date a murderer as a golden rule.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Winterlong wrote: »
    She was. And then she wasn't. And then she was again. But now she isn't. Them Italians can't make up their minds.

The Italian police can't decide which is more embarrasing ... continuing with their attempts to frame Amanda Knox; or admitting that they tried to frame her.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

judeboy101 wrote: »
    never stick your dick in crazy

Hahahahaha.... Hahahahaha... Im guessing you haven't stuck your dick into much. Sticking your dick in crazy is part and parcel of sticking your dick in things. Although the craziness usually only bubbles to the surface when you start sticking your dick elsewhere,who'll also eventually display craziness given enough time.
    I mean seriously,if gentlemen were to stop 'sticking their dicks in crazy' it would signal the beginning of the end of the entire goddamn human race! Sorry if I come across as condescending,but sweet Jesus man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

JESUS CHRIST NO!

Can you imagine trying to play drinking games with Oscar Pistorius?

The Oscar Pistorius Drinking Game: Take 3 shots every times somebody goes to the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I misread the thread title as "Would you date a Moderator?" *shudder* Hell no ... give me a Murderer any day! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Elemonator wrote: »
    JESUS CHRIST NO!

Can you imagine trying to play drinking games with Oscar Pistorius?

The Oscar Pistorius Drinking Game: Take 3 shots every times somebody goes to the toilet.

Those drinking games are a disaster, so easy to get legless and do something daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What is this 'murder' was that of an intruder in your home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

Linda Mulhall would get the serious D in fairness. Considering she's a scaldy with a drink and heroin habit she's a decent lookin sort.

Advertisement