Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Murderer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Foxy Knoxy, absolutely

Jennifer Pan, no chance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

judeboy101 wrote: »
    never stick your dick in crazy

No straight man would ever get any so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

:):pac:
    OJ was cleared too.
    True.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

blade1 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd be more worried if killing someone had no effect on them.

That's what I meant - if there was genuine remorse or guilt then I wouldn't disregard the notion; if they talked about how much they enjoyed it or were totally unfazed then I'd have to call Inspector Japp to deal with them

Honestly, it would depend on who they murdered, why they had done it and how it had affected them - but I wouldn't disregard a potential partner just because they had committed murder.

We talk about people getting second chances, repaying their debts to society but if they are made to carry that stigma for the rest of their lives then they may argue that there isn't any point in repenting and carry on as they have before - at some point they need to be given a chance to lead a normal life

That's mighty understanding of you. :)

I take your point, a person might do something in their youth or under extreme stress that would be so totally out of character that the chances of those circumstances arising again would be almost nil.

However, if someone took someones life in a fit of rage or jealousy or killed someone in a robbery to leave no witness, or showed little understanding of the impact of their crime, it would be a different league to someone who accepted responsibility and felt genuine, heartfelt, remorse.

Like most things, it all depends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

brevity wrote: »
    One evening they tell you they murdered someone in self defence about 5 years ago, would you really end it all. I mean it was self defence.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It would depend on a lot of things but most likely no.

Padraig Nally shot intruder John Ward Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Well I suppose you never know, it could be romantic :/ :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Padraig Nally shot intruder John Ward Dead.

Yeah, but he was eventually acquitted of manslaughter.

Killing someone and murdering somoene are very different in my eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I voted NO. However that was a kneejerk reaction just so we can agree in general to uphold the standards of society...

Theres many cases of justifiable homicide. And an innocent person who is forced to defend themselves or someone they love and protect in such a manner doesnt walk away unharmed psychologically from this either and could forever have to look over their shoulder for unwholesome relatives of a career criminal , media and sjws. Theres no winners except perhaps society if someone harmful to it is removed permanently. Theres a lot of laws in this world but very little justice.

If it was a situation which any of us could find themselves in then, then I'm never going to join a group of judgemental sheeple who have never experienced any hardship themselves.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Yeah, but he was eventually acquitted of manslaughter.

Killing someone and murdering somoene are very different in my eyes!
    I know what your saying my friend from mayo said Padraig Nally is a Hero of Ireland and Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I know what your saying my friend from mayo said Padraig Nally is a Hero of Ireland and Mayo.

And rightly so in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

No way
    Amanda Knox?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Shot him in the back as he was walking away. Some hero!

oneilla wrote: »

Whereas terrorizing and robbing isolated pensioners is the pinnacle of heroism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Too good for him.

Whereas terrorizing and robbing isolated pensioners is the pinnacle of heroism.

This. The rights of people who arent looking for trouble in their own homes should exceed any claimed rights of those who have no respect for anyones rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Tilikum wrote: »
    Definitely. Sexy murderous wench.

Agreed. I doubt I'd date Foxy Knoxy, but I'd certainly ride the hole off of her.

shot him in the back? where was he suppose to shot Ward?
    he had to shot him it was self defence from Padraig Nally the man is Hero in my opinion also.

• Advertisement

A bit off topic but shooting another person as they walk away from me, where I don't feel my life is at risk, I don't think I could that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Having been convicted of murder wouldn't immediately put me off the idea of considering dating someone if I was attracted to them.

Conjugal visits probably would though.

A bit off topic but shooting another person as they walk away from me, where I don't feel my life is at risk, I don't think I could that.
    Padraig nally might like to date a lady sum time.

Padraig nally might like to date a lady sum time.

And good luck to him!

This. The rights of people who arent looking for trouble in their own homes should exceed any claimed rights of those who have no respect for anyones rights.

To be fair, I'm not saying people should go round shooting other people willy nilly but it's curious in these situation how much pity accrues to the 'victim' and not some pensioner presumably out of his mind with worry and fear that hadn't exactly been an offender before.

To be fair, I'm not saying people should go round shooting other people willy nilly but it's curious in these situation how much pity accrues to the 'victim' and not some pensioner presumably out of his mind with worry and fear and hadn't exactly been an offender before.
    Very True Padraig Nally was the victim here and what did Judge at the time Jailed him for six years for killing an intruder John Ward.

To be fair, I'm not saying people should go round shooting other people willy nilly but it's curious in these situation how much pity accrues to the 'victim' and not some pensioner presumably out of his mind with worry and fear that hadn't exactly been an offender before.

neither am I saying it should be open season. Ward lived by the sword. Nally didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I'd rattle innocent, hot, vulnerable Amanda Knox.

but I wouldn't date a murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

No thanks....my husband would kill me!

Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

can't be done. both rights have to be equal for a functioning society
    shot him in the back? where was he suppose to shot Ward?
    he had to shot him it was self defence from Padraig Nally the man is Hero in my opinion also.

the first time, maybe. everything after that, not a chance. describing him as a hero is an insult to genuine heros who have done things worthy of such a description.
    Very True Padraig Nally was the victim here and what did Judge at the time Jailed him for six years for killing an intruder John Ward.

the judge had to do his job. that is what he is paid for and what society expects him to do.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement