Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 black male students in Cambridge

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Help!!!! wrote: »
    14 black male students in Cambridge posed for a picture
    Ah,now I understand.It was just a yearbook photo of the college basketball team.It's the way I size up life that led to my wrongful assumption.Its often said that there is a fine line between piety and corruption. I however don't subscribe to that theory. Im of the opinion that there is a no man's land between the two,something like the DMZ on the Korean peninsula which has featured a lot in the news of late.Personally,id sit closer to the northern side,that of course if we're to take as a given that the North is more corrupt than its neighbour to the south.Im rambling now,apologies for that.But there are some fairly bizarre university courses out there all the same,I was listening to Sean Moncrieff one day and he had a chap on who wrote his entire thesis on The Simpsons.Tours the States speaking at seminars and conventions and earns a nice living from it in fairness to him.Now that's just cool!No two ways about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Murrisk wrote: »
    I think it's been shown in studies (would need to do some searching as it has been a while) that basically black people have to work a lot harder to prove themselves and get on in predominantly white countries. I have no problem believing that. Basically, an average intelligence white dude or dudette will get farther than an intellectually equivalent black person.

Ok since your not just talking about the USA in that post I am going to query this, in the UK/England the group with the worst educational outcomes isn't working class black boys, its working class white boys, how does this fit with what you state above.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

When you look at the other table in the link it does show a 2% difference towards the general white male population but its far smaller than the negative difference towards working class white boys of 15%.

Advertisement