Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to pay for an iPhone 6s monthly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DylMan99

Saving up is an option i was hoping to avoid, but of course it's looking like that is whats gonna have to be done.

Earlier this morning i went to the iD Mobile website and ordered the phone I'm looking for not realizing i needed to have a good credit score. As I'm quite new to do, I just assumed i would give them my details and pay them each week. So i'm not sure how i cancel my order lol..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Just tell them you are a student with a grant and working part time. Your grant is 188 a week live with mammy and daddy and working in a bar or something.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not? Wouldn't they ask for the name of the bar and the manager ?

DylMan99 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not? Wouldn't they ask for the name of the bar and the manager ?

I doubt it they want to get you on the 24 month contract. Don't give them a reason to say no, like being on the dole

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Virgin media have iPhone 6 for 99 euro and 55 per Month 4 24 month but have special offer of 5 euro per month for 6 mths. Great offer

That would end up costing me over 1,000 Euro

Hmm that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea but wont they check up on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...I would end up paying 1,440euro... Are you kidding?...

What you are doing makes no financial sense. Just lets get that out there.

If you are going to get it. Get some insurance. if you lose it, or break it, be a bummer to spend the next two yrs paying off something you no longer have.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hmm that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea but wont they check up on you?
    Yes they will. More so than the other companies.

• Advertisement

Ok thats fair. I could pay an extra 13 euro a month to get a warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ok thats fair. I could pay an extra 13 euro a month to get a warranty

I understand that you have aspired to owning an iPhone and put a lot of thought into it, and of course it is up to you how you want to spend your money - but the iPhones is an extremely expensive luxury item, and it probably won't make any real difference to your life other than the hole that it puts in your pocket for two years.

I also understand that you aren't here to ask people whether you should buy, and I can see that you are going in with your eyes open in terms of how much the real cost of the phone is - but comitting to such a contract means that your spending power for 2 years will be limited.

Also, the 13 euro a month insurance equates to 312 euro - the cost of a very nice mid range android phone, or indeed a used iPhone.

There are lots of people reading this thread who could think of things that they bought that cost a lot but they *really* wanted it and thought about it for ages, but realised a few months after purchasing that probably they would have been better off being a little more sensible keeping the money. I know that I certainly have.

Perhaps you could look at it this way - imagine you had spent the last year scrimping and saving to get the 700-1000 euros. How willing would you be to then go and blow it all on a phone, a phone that serves the same essential function that a 200 euro phone does?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well at the minute I'm on Jobseekers allowance and that would be my way of paying for it.
    *grits taxpaying teeth*...

I would really like the 6s, but if i can't get it then that's completely fine by me. Ill just save my money until i can afford to pay it upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

You can get an Iphone 6S for free on billpay with Vodafone.

Vahevala wrote: »
    You can get an Iphone 6S for free on billpay with Vodafone.

I was looking at that on Vodafone but if you add up the cost after two years, it comes out to around 1,400 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I was looking at that on Vodafone but if you add up the cost after two years, it comes out to around 1,400 euro.

Well you are paying extra for network services/customer care etc

Vahevala wrote: »
    Well you are paying extra for network services/customer care etc

I went to it and they didn't deny me for not having a job or anything, they just wanted 350 up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

You want a luxury item that you can't afford because you have (almost) no income.
    You don't need it.It won't change your life in any way.
    Fifty quid a month contracts are for people with jobs.
    I suggest you stop dreaming and work out what you can really afford(€100 phone and €15 payg)

vandriver wrote: »
    You want a luxury item that you can't afford because you have (almost) no income.
    You don't need it.It won't change your life in any way.
    Fifty quid a month contracts are for people with jobs.
    I suggest you stop dreaming and work out what you can really afford(€100 phone and €15 payg)

Thanks for the advice <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Thanks for the advice <3
    It's great advice.When you are more mature you might revisit this thread and thank me.

vandriver wrote: »
    It's great advice.When you are more mature you might revisit this thread and thank me.

Please explain why i am not mature ? I would love to know why I'm an immature person. I asked for advice and i was recommended to save up and buy it in full and i took that into account and im not longer looking to buy one on bill pay because i took into account what other people told me. I'm sorry, but i really would love to know how this makes me Immature.

I think hes referring to before you changed your mind.

beauf wrote: »
    I think hes referring to before you changed your mind.

Yeah, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

So I really want to purchase the iPhone 6s but checked Three. IE and in total I would end up paying 1,440euro... Are you kidding?. A little bit of searching around brought me to id Mobile and I saw they have them for 900 spread over 24 months and that price I can do. But I see a lot of talk about people not getting the plan because of credit checks and I was 18 and I've not been with AIB for long, maybe a month and I wouldn't have good credit since I only put money in there sometimes so would I even get the plan seeing as I haven't had an account for long? What should I do.

Get a CU loan and buy online. Then go PAYG.

Us old people type slowly...

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Get a CU loan and buy online. Then go PAYG.

I've not been with the AIB for that long, so I don't think I would be entitled to a loan.

I think you are fixated (obsessed even) with the idea of an expensive phone. I'm not making a judgement call on that, we could discuss that all day. Sometimes you just want what you want. its like wanting an expensive Guitar when you really only only need a moderately priced one.

I would suggest though that an iPhone will not give you the best value, or return on investment, for the effort you'll have to put in to get one. I think you'd get better value with a different phone.

beauf wrote: »
    I think you are fixated (obsessed even) with the idea of an expensive phone. I'm not making a judgement call on that, we could discuss that all day. Sometimes you just want what you want. its like wanting an expensive Guitar when you really only only need a moderately priced one.

I would suggest though that an iPhone will not give you the best value, or return on investment, for the effort you'll have to put in to get one. I think you'd get better value with a different phone.

I agree on that and that's why I've come to terms with just getting a cheaper phone or even getting one second hand.

• Advertisement

I agree on that and that's why I've come to terms with just getting a cheaper phone or even getting one second hand.

Don't be dissuaded, aim high

Advertisement