Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifle range

Options
  • 01-05-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all
    Just bought my first air rifle and I'm wondering what ranges are around which I can shoot it at..also are there competition for me to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Fx Royale wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just bought my first air rifle and I'm wondering what ranges are around which I can shoot it at..also are there competition for me to do??

What kind of air rifle? Is it a target or sporting rifle, what calibre?

The answers to this will determine what you can do with it. Also, where abouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fx Royale

It's a pcp .22 fx Royale 400 not sure of the type as in sporting or target?? I'm in the Kildare Laois border

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Below my post in my signature is a link to the list of ranges around the country. Each range is listed by county and includes all the disciplines they cater for.

I don't know much about air rifles, but the FX400 is pretty strong/powerful going up to 38ft/lb or so (IIRC). Meaning it'll have as good an ability out to 50 yards as 22 rimfire. So you can look at any open competitions that allow/cater for rimfire rifles. Bullseye 360, sporting rifle, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

except, if the rifle bottle has only say 40 shots before drop off (unregulated) refilling might be inconvenient/ not allowed at prone 50m. probably best leave rifle attached to scuba tank for duration of shoot!
    I regret not taking my pcp to the open shoots when I had it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

FX Royale - check out the Field Target Association of Ireland page http://bit.ly/2bWgEji and their members forum for Airgunners Ireland http://bit.ly/2pmQ6xQ

While Air Rifle Field Target is not been established here in Ireland yet, interest has been expressed to establish the sport in a effort to participate in the European and World Field Target Championships.

• Advertisement
Advertisement