Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Debating a -8 eriksen siggy lukaku to ozil hazard Jesus.

I'm not convinced Eriksen to Ozil is worth a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Debating a -8 eriksen siggy lukaku to ozil hazard Jesus.

Eriksen is in the form of his life no way would I do a -4 to get Ozil of all people in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Clyne and siggy out for yoshida and sanchez....thinking back to back double gameweeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I agree with yiz on eriksen but I need to take a risk to have any chance of getting in the money positions in a pay league. I'm not mad on the spurs dgw either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Who does 'Bavies ' play for or is it a misspelling of 'Davies'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Who does 'Bavies ' play for or is it a misspelling of 'Davies'?

It's to differentiate Ben Davies from the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Having a rethink. Might just do Aguero to Costa with my FT and keep Lukaku. Not sure the -4 to Jesus is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Benteke to Jesus. Don't have enough to do Grant to Caballero now so will just play him or Hennessey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

What do people think on Ali/Eriksen to Hazard for a -8pt hit? Currently have no Chelsea coverage. Have Kane and the two spurs mids. Would have to ship out Bailly to free up funds but the talk is he wont play this weekend.

Hazard is almost captain material v a very poor Middlesbrough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Meant to put Monreal for his double week but I put in Cahill in by mistake
    :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do with my transfers this week...current team is (*=DGW)

Caballero
    Yoshida* - Bertrand* - Fuchs
    Sanchez* - Alli - Eriksen - King
    Gabbiadini* - Kane - Jesus
    SUBS: Mawson, Zaha, Valencia

To be honest, I'm really regretting the Saints double-up in defense and I may transfer out Valencia for Koscielny and bench Yoshida altogether.

I'm also mulling a -4 to bring in Hazard for Alli but it's risky.

Anyone with any thoughts? Very appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Siggy or Sane

I love Siggy and he seems to be back in form when Swansea have it all to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

joe123 wrote: »
    What do people think on Ali/Eriksen to Hazard for a -8pt hit? Currently have no Chelsea coverage. Have Kane and the two spurs mids. Would have to ship out Bailly to free up funds but the talk is he wont play this weekend.

Hazard is almost captain material v a very poor Middlesbrough.

I have Alli and Eriksen too. Really can't justify taking them out with the way they're playing and the fact they have a DGW in 37. Although I kind of would prefer to change one of them for Hazard and then bring in Kane up front.

This is undoubtedly the hardest week ever to make transfers in the 8 years I've been playing I think! I have about 8 or 9 different possibilities, some with hits, some not.

Is Eriksen, Alli and Kane overkill on Spurs do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Giroud or Welbeck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Chasing 50 odd points so :
    Randolph/Pieters to Forster/Stephens already done.
    Aguero to Jesus and Benteke to Costa imminent.
    Need to get an Arsenal defender I reckon only Kos and Monreal are nailed, currently on -12
    So do I get rid off
    (a)Chambers/Zaha for a further -8, bringing in Romeou(or Carroll) and Kos
    Or (b) Valencia to Kos for -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Giroud or Welbeck?

Don't like either tbh. Value of the DGW is totally negated if your player doesn't play and I would highly doubt either would play all 4 of Arsenal's next DGWs

carnie wrote: »
    Siggy or San??

I love Siggy and he seems to be back in form when Swansea have it all to play for

Is that Son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Currently have Rashford and Alli... Looking for advise lads as Rashford most likely wont play.

Can get in Martial and Gabbi
    or Origi and Firminio
    or Rooney and Lingard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Giroud or Welbeck?
    Option C

patmac wrote: »
    Is that Son?

Nope it was Sane....sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Giroud or Welbeck?

if wenger had any sense he would pick welbeck as Giroud is a busted flush at this stage that needs to be sold. But Wenger is too predictable and loyal to players to the bitter end.

Throw in that walcott, alexis and even iwobi can play at CF and it becomes too damned unpredictable. I like a risk but it's just too risky.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I have Alli and Eriksen too. Really can't justify taking them out with the way they're playing and the fact they have a DGW in 37. Although I kind of would prefer to change one of them for Hazard and then bring in Kane up front.

This is undoubtedly the hardest week ever to make transfers in the 8 years I've been playing I think! I have about 8 or 9 different possibilities, some with hits, some not.

Is Eriksen, Alli and Kane overkill on Spurs do people think?

I was in the same boat until I just bit the bullet on Ali. Now I can't afford to get him back in. I'm already regretting breaking up the dynamic duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Gibson > Kingsley
    Zaha > Hazard
    Aguero > Jesus

-8. Went with Kingsley over Ake as I want Costa in next week and already have Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

FHFC wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna risk him this week and hope for the best. He had a shocker last weekend but was singled out for praise by Wenger after the cup semi and had played very well till then. Reading around Arsenal blogs etc there is not nearly the same expectation of him being dropped as in FPL circles. Echo chamber effect possibly.

He has been ever present in the 343 which many Arsenal fans expect to continue. Holding and Monreal have shared the other spot and Arsenal fans seem to expect Holding to get a shout at LCB with Monreal replacing Gibbs.

If Mustafi comes back in its surely for Holding.

I think I'm going to bring Gabriel in based on above. I have basically got no other options and need to downgrade Baines to a sub 5.0m to get Pedro - so think I'll gamble on him but already have a sinking feeling about it.

Edit: Couldn't do it - upgraded Baines to Alonso and went Zaha to JWP instead. Really wanted Pedro after that goal last week but that was his first substantial haul he'd had in a while and Alonso has been good to me this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Monreal could get some great attacking returns if pushed up too.

I kinda want the safety of Cech for the Arsenal games with Monreal at the back too. Instead of risking Gabriel, Monreal and Cech should cover the 4 games but it's at the risk of Ben davies for Spurs - For my wc team that is...

Cabalero - Cech

Alonso - Monreal - Davies - Yoshida - Stephens

Sanchez - Hazard - Alli - Sane - King

Kane - Jesus - Gabbiadini

I'd like Costa in there but too much sacrifice around the rest of the team. Vertongen/Gabriel could take the place of Monreal and Davies though which is trading the risk between Arsenal and Spurs. Might be worth it since It's doubling on Arsenal.

Gabbiadini has rotation on the cards, and Southampton form is pretty bad and lifeless so not expecting too much from him, but both my rivals have him so I kinda need him there for cover.

Trying to make the most of the generous team value and I've made about 10 different teams! Can't decide at all :\

threein99 wrote: »
    Meant to put Monreal for his double week but I put in Cahill in by mistake
    :D

How do you even do that!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Already took a -4 to bring in Jesus before Aguero news. Reckon I'll take another hit to find a replacement just not sure who.

Gabbiadini seems obvious choice with 2 dgw in a row. But will he start all 4? Anyone know why he was subbed last week? Leaves me enough money to go Albrighton to Hazard next week.

Other options are Costa who's out of form or take a punt on an Arsenal player - Giroud - which seems like total madness. Anyone obvious I'm overlooking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right lads, hectic week in work and was waiting for Aguero news so running out of time to finalise.

Have held firm all week letting Jesus rise 0.3 just in case my main man Aguero was fit.

Now he's out I pretty much have to do Ageuro to Jesus. Still planning to BB in GW36.

Team them would be

Caballero/Pickford
    Fuchs, Gabriel (dodgy but gonna risk him), Alonso, Stephens, Holgate
    Sanchez (c), Hazard, Sane, Albrighton, King
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Jesus

And 4.1m in the bank!!! I still have a better bench this week but it would be insane to BB with 4.1m in the bank. I think I'll have to take a hit to strengthen the 15.

I'm not gonna waste it on Gabriel as its not certain he wont play.

I could upgrade Holgate to a more expensive defender (Spurs/Arsenal) but that kinda ties my hands a bit going forward and leaves me no alternative to Gabbi.

So the favourite is Gabbi to Costa leaving me with 0.1m to spare. I think surely there is a strong chance that pays off over the 2 DGWs even with Costa having a fixture less.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Right lads, hectic week in work and was waiting for Aguero news so running out of time to finalise.

Have held firm all week letting Jesus rise 0.3 just in case my main man Aguero was fit.

Now he's out I pretty much have to do Ageuro to Jesus. Still planning to BB in GW36.

Team them would be

Caballero/Pickford
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Jesus

And 4.1m in the bank!!! I still have a better bench this week but it would be insane to BB with 4.1m in the bank. I think I'll have to take a hit to strengthen the 15.

I could upgrade Holgate to a more expensive defender (Spurs/Arsenal) but that kinda ties my hands a bit going forward and leaves me no alternative to Gabbi.

So the favourite is Gabbi to Costa leaving me with 0.1m to spare. I think surely there is a strong chance that pays off over the 2 DGWs even with Costa having a fixture less.

Costa over 4 great games >>>>>>>> Gabbi over 5 **** ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is Rashford to Gabby worth a minus 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Aguero out, Jesus in I think. Zaha out too, but to who with the extra funds? Alli? Pedro? King?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Aguero out, Jesus in I think. Zaha out too, but to who with the extra funds? Alli? Pedro? King?

All are great options, Sane also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Sanchez costa Alli or Ozil hazard Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Zaha, Grant, Aguero to Hazard, Jaku, Jesus.

Bench boosting this week so thought Grant to Jaku was worth the risky -4.

Went Haz over Sanchez. No DGWers for me this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

JIdontknow wrote:
    Sanchez costa Alli or Ozil hazard Kane?

Could go either way.
    I'd slightly favour SCA though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There are some bat**** crazy transfers going on here this week.

People are totally getting blinded by the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Team them would be

Caballero/Pickford
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Jesus

I've gone Costa over Gabbi as well, 4 great fixtures.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Well as I explained I have 2 leagues sewn up and chasing 3 other pay leagues between 20-50 points behind in these and with no WC, Aguero injured and double, double gameweeks, sure I might as well have a punt. Southampton and Arsenal defence is very tempting, a 0-0 between the 2 two would cover any hits. The fact that only the top 6 and Swansea, Hull and maybe Middlesbrough are the only teams not on holiday is cutting down a lot of options also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Team them would be

Caballero/Pickford
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Jesus

B***ard! I was all set on Aguero to Costa, but you now have me seriously considering a -4 for Gabbiadini to Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

Have treble captain and bench boost left dunno whether to treble cap sachez this week for the dgw or wait til next week to treble captain sanchez kane or jess and use bench boost on last day I'm currently 2nd in my league.

Or do I treble cap sachez this week for dgw and bench boost next week for dgw???

It's wreckin me head, help!!!!!

Shedite27 wrote: »

For some people like myself a gamble is needed.

AdpRo wrote: »
    I've gone Costa over Gabbi as well, 4 great fixtures.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    All are great options, Sane also.

Thanks lads, it seemed to make sense but needed confirmation as my head is up my arse work wise this week.

Transferring out a DGW guy for a SGW guy for this week seems counter intuitive until you look at the fixtures.

Benimar wrote: »
    B***ard! I was all set on Aguero to Costa, but you now have me seriously considering a -4 for Gabbiadini to Jesus!

I think Jesus is close to essential with Aguero out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I was going to do Townsend for Sane/Pedro next week and I have already transferred out Lukaku for Jesus
    But I now see that Townsend is flagged and I know he has a 75% chance of paying but he is also playing city so I could transfer him out for Sane before the deadline for a -4 or wait until next week and do it for free
    I suppose the question is will Sane score at least 4 to balance out the transfer

For some people like myself a gamble is needed.

Ditto :)....need all the points I can get!

Have double Arsenal and Southampton defs on WC ,Chelsea/Spurs all in attack.

Given their fixtures I reckon play Double Arsenal over Double Saints for this week in defence.

Advice on if that's a good points scoring shout appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

If he scores 4 it'll be well worth a -4 ;)

Ditto :)....need all the points I can get!

Have double Arsenal and Southampton defs on WC ,Chelsea/Spurs all in attack.

Given their fixtures I reckon play Double Arsenal over Double Saints for this week in defence.

Advice on if that's a good points scoring shout appreciated.

Ye I think its quite possible arsenal utd finishes 0 0. Although Liverpool haven't scored against Southampton in 3 games this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Took a minus 20. I reckon between this week and next week I'll actually benefit from it though

Ye I think its quite possible arsenal utd finishes 0 0. Although Liverpool haven't scored against Southampton in 3 games this year.

Gut feeling??😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BOHtox wrote: »
    Took a minus 20. I reckon between this week and next week I'll actually benefit from it though

s-l225.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement