Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i made two transfers there.

If I change my mind can I change them back and make 2 different transfers instead without paying the -8??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

If I change my mind can I change them back and make 2 different transfers instead without paying the -8??

No. Unless you're on wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not unless you are on wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Not even a little bit if you're not on a wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

jumped the gun a little bit not realising aguero was THIS doubtful.

75% chance of plaing they said....

might take them to court if he doesnt play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Done and dusted. Lukaku Benteke and Kelly to Costa Jesus and Benalouane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am on WC ....would it be overkill to go for Forster and 2 defenders,Yoshida and Stephens?

I don't like look of Pickfords fixtures,my other keeper is Willy C.

Am on WC ....would it be overkill to go for Forster and 2 defenders,Yoshida and Stephens?

I don't like look of Pickfords fixtures,my other keeper is Willy C.
    Yes !
    Pickford will probably score the same
    Maybe more with save points
    Use the extra money somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I haven't had Sanchez since GW25. Going without him til the end of the season. I've gone with Hazard instead who I think will outscore him over the next 3 GWs (4 for Sanchez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    All I can say is Gabriel was atrocious at the weekend
    Booked
    Could have had a second booking
    Gave away a stupid pen
    Subbed

Would not touch him now

I think I'm gonna risk him this week and hope for the best. He had a shocker last weekend but was singled out for praise by Wenger after the cup semi and had played very well till then. Reading around Arsenal blogs etc there is not nearly the same expectation of him being dropped as in FPL circles. Echo chamber effect possibly.

He has been ever present in the 343 which many Arsenal fans expect to continue. Holding and Monreal have shared the other spot and Arsenal fans seem to expect Holding to get a shout at LCB with Monreal replacing Gibbs.

If Mustafi comes back in its surely for Holding.

• Advertisement

Sooo desperately trying to convince myself.... :D

FHFC wrote: »
    All I can say is Gabriel was atrocious at the weekend
    Booked
    Could have had a second booking
    Gave away a stupid pen
    Subbed

Would not touch him now

I think I'm gonna risk him this week and hope for the best. He had a shocker last weekend but was singled out for praise by Wenger after the cup semi and had played very well till then. Reading around Arsenal blogs etc there is not nearly the same expectation of him being dropped as in FPL circles. Echo chamber effect possibly.

He has been ever present in the 343 which many Arsenal fans expect to continue. Holding and Monreal have shared the other spot and Arsenal fans seem to expect Holding to get a shout at LCB with Monreal replacing Gibbs.

If Mustafi comes back in its surely for Holding.
    Holding wasn't even a sub last weekend
    Gabriel kos monreal were CB

Holding wasn't even a sub last weekend
    Gabriel kos monreal were CB

Yeah not sure why he wasn't on bench. FFS predicting him to start over Gab in 343 which I doubt is likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

HELP

Forster (Valdes)

Alonso Davies Janmaat Holgate Blind

Sanchez Hazard Alli Redmond Zaha

Gabbi Aguero Benteke.

Basically challenging for 4 Mini Leagues and between 3pts & 50 pts ahead in 3 of them and 20 behind in other.

H2H with playoff semi for GW37 - so GW36 is redundant as already qualified here.

I am BB GW37 and need to make changes before then so thinking of taken hits now even though I won't play players this GW as I don't want to be on -8 going into H2H.

Looking at

Valdes to Willy or Cech

Aguero to Kane

Benteke to Jesus

Zaha to Moses or anyone else under 5.5 based on other moves.

Should I take hits now?
    I don't want to transfer out Aguero but the uncertainty is killing me.

Any other advice or moves I could do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Do Watford's defensive absences make Vardy a worthwhile option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cross post fro, WC thread

Wife gave birth to our second today, chances to amend team likely to be limited tomorrow. Thoughts appreciated please. BB planned for GW37

Willy/Pickford
    Monreal/Alonso/Yoshida/Stephens/Trippier
    Sanchez/Alli/Sane/Albrighton/Capoue
    Costa/Kane/Jesus

0.4itb

On WC obv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cross post fro, WC thread

Wife gave birth to our second today, chances to amend team likely to be limited tomorrow. Thoughts appreciated please. BB planned for GW37

Willy/Pickford
    Monreal/Alonso/Yoshida/Stephens/Trippier
    Sanchez/Alli/Sane/Albrighton/Capoue
    Costa/Kane/Jesus

0.4itb

On WC obv

Congrats on new arrival...did you not WC last week;)....looks like a decent side....Trippier dodgiest pick as regards guaranteed game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

CSF wrote: »

Moot. Watford have 10 defenders. Janny my fav.

ElTel wrote: »

Moot. Watford have 10 defenders. Janny my fav.
    Centrebacks though?

CSF wrote:
    Centrebacks though?

Prodl and Mariappa only conceded 1 goal in the two games they were paired together (Swansea and Liverpool)

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    CSF wrote:
    Centrebacks though?

Prodl and Mariappa only conceded 1 goal in the two games they were paired together (Swansea and Liverpool)
    That's sucked the enthusiasm right out of that impulsive idea.

Centrebacks though?

Britos.

My Ziegler impersonation.

Jesus in for Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bailly to Monreal?

Cannot see him playing three games at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have no idea who to bring in. Thinking of banking. Anyone obvious I should bring in for this GW with next week's DGW in mind?

Foster/Pickford
    Yoshida/Bavies/Fernandez/Ward/FMori
    Ozil/Alli/Zaha/Hazard/TDavies
    Lukaku/Kane/Gabbi

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Kun to Jesus
    Zaha to Hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Kun to Jesus if Kun is out
    Lukaku to Kane
    Walker to Monreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

KevIRL wrote: »
    Congrats.

My wildcard this year was while my life was giving birth. Found out the hard way they don't like using phones in Holles St - couldn't get near the FF app :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Right, I reckon Aguero is definitely out.
    1. Ben Dinnery named the injury as "suspected". That to me is him telling us what his source told him it is without releasing the info himself.
    2. Pep announced that Silva trained yesterday. If Aguero had trained he would have included him in the sentence. If he didn't train Thursday, I can't see how he plays midday Saturday.

With that in mind....
    Aguero/Barnes out, Jesus/Costa in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I have no idea who to bring in. Thinking of banking. Anyone obvious I should bring in for this GW with next week's DGW in mind?

Foster/Pickford
    Yoshida/Bavies/Fernandez/Ward/FMori
    Ozil/Alli/Zaha/Hazard/TDavies
    Lukaku/Kane/Gabbi

Is it crazy to take a -4 to bring in King? I'm thinking:

FunesMori to Stephens
    Zaha to King

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Congrats.

My wildcard this year was while my life was giving birth. Found out the hard way they don't like using phones in Holles St - couldn't get near the FF app :eek:

Mine also, maybe there should be a thread for this...;)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Right, I reckon Aguero is definitely out.
    1. Ben Dinnery named the injury as "suspected". That to me is him telling us what his source told him it is without releasing the info himself.
    2. Pep announced that Silva trained yesterday. If Aguero had trained he would have included him in the sentence. If he didn't train Thursday, I can't see how he plays midday Saturday.

With that in mind....
    Aguero/Barnes out, Jesus/Costa in

Can you not wait a few hours for the press conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Shedite27 wrote:
    Right, I reckon Aguero is definitely out. 1. Ben Dinnery named the injury as "suspected". That to me is him telling us what his source told him it is without releasing the info himself. 2. Pep announced that Silva trained yesterday. If Aguero had trained he would have included him in the sentence. If he didn't train Thursday, I can't see how he plays midday Saturday.

Shedite27 wrote:
    With that in mind.... Aguero/Barnes out, Jesus/Costa in

I agree the wall of silence around the injury doesn't bode well in my opinion can't see him playing this week anyway. Because of that I've took a -8 with aguero son and grant out jesus ozil and cech in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Cech or Forster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Cech or Forster?

Cech for me apparently rashford has a knock and United prioritising europa league. And Southampton looked off the pace last week with not much to play for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Almost certainly using my FT to do Aguero to Jesus.

Is it worth a -4 to do Lukaku to Costa (or Kane)? I have Alli, but no Chelsea attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Took a -8 and then Rashford gets a knock last night,Jose won't risk him Sunday.
    Can't afford Jesus, should I say feck it and play with 2 strikers (Costa and Kane) or take another hit and get Gabbi in?
    My midfield is decent enough with Alli,Sanchez,Sane and King in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cech for me apparently rashford has a knock and United prioritising europa league. And Southampton looked off the pace last week with not much to play for

Just having two matches alone I don't see how you can suggest picking Cech over Forster here. Honestly doesn't make sense.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just having two matches alone I don't see how you can suggest picking Cech over Forster here. Honestly doesn't make sense.

Surprisingly for me Cech has more point per match. 3.5 versus Forsters 3.2.

I went with Cech. I think Southampton's fixtures look a little more difficult as a result of the Europa league.

Neither team are in great form but Southampton have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So no news 'bout Agüero kinda means bad news right?

What do you guys think about Zaha + Agüero -> Hazard + Jesus for -4?
    My defense is Alonso Stephens ... Valencia McAuley Holebas. What about an additional -4 for an Arsenal def?

Hits not taken into consideration, Hazard is the key for me. If I get him in, I'm kinda stuck with Gabbiadini or another cheap striker like Deeney (but his fixtures for 37 & 38 aren't great and Watford have nothing at stake).
    So the big question is what about Pedro? Do you guys think he's nailed (he got his "rest" against Saints). Is he worth it? He scored a wonder goal in their last game but didn't return much in the previous 5-6.

So. Long story short.
    Hazard + cheap striker or Pedro + Costa/Vardy for 37/38?

• Advertisement

Surprisingly for me Cech has more point per match. 3.5 versus Forsters 3.2.

I went with Cech. I think Southampton's fixtures look a little more difficult as a result of the Europa league.

Neither team are in great form but Southampton have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 home games.

But Southampton have 2 games. Surely that confirms Forster should be getting chosen so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

But Southampton have 2 games. Surely that confirms Forster should be getting chosen so?

As do Arsenal

Edit: What Benimar said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

anyone taking a cheeky look at Welbeck?

Giroud is woeful lately and Welbeck should have definitely started the spurs game as Giroud was never going to compete against strong defenders like spurs have.

Now Wenger sticks with players to the bitter end so it would disappoint but not surprise me if he goes with Welbeck again. I'm probably not going to do it but it defo is one i'm keeping an eye on.

Benimar wrote: »
    As do Arsenal

ah jaysis sorry.

Cech definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

*deep breath*

Lukaku out - Costa In (Decent form, fixtures and 3 home games)
    Aguero out - Jesus In

As for Jesus coming in:
    83e2dfd1baa7e844d5bdece854e9269f_channing-frye-chooses-dollars-bold-strategy-cotton-meme_500-300.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pending the Ageuro injury news I'm now hovering over:

- Aguero, Zaha, Lukaku out;
    - Jesus, Ozil, Costa in.

For -8 (no WC left unfortunately).

Getting Lukaku out makes me uneasy but Costa's fixtures are just too tasty, with the DGW the icing on the cake. Chelsea having the league sewn up sooner rather than later is a concern, but hopefully his chase for the golden boot keeps him on the pitch.

Ozil is a bit of a dice roll - feels like madness to have double Arsenal attack (already have Sanchez) but with my mini league situations I need a couple of gambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah Lukaku has decent fixtures left, trying to decide if I can go without him

The United players are causing a real headache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Pending the Ageuro injury news I'm now hovering over:

- Aguero, Zaha, Lukaku out;
    - Jesus, Ozil, Costa in.

For -8 (no WC left unfortunately).

Getting Lukaku out makes me uneasy but Costa's fixtures are just too tasty, with the DGW the icing on the cake. Chelsea having the league sewn up sooner rather than later is a concern, but hopefully his chase for the golden boot keeps him on the pitch.

Ozil is a bit of a dice roll - feels like madness to have double Arsenal attack (already have Sanchez) but with my mini league situations I need a couple of gambles.

The thing that frustrates me about Lukaku is that he is terrible when playing away games.

His last 10 games have him at 7 home goals and 1 away goal. He has 3 games left in the season and 2 of those are away games.

Costa while not in perfect form has 4 games and 3 of those are at home.

But don't forget that Lukaku is a troll and will probably punish us with a huge haul against against Watford next week :D

I hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Debating a -8 eriksen siggy lukaku to ozil hazard Jesus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement