Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apollo Saturn V - Wow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are they publicly available? Did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Thargor wrote: »
    Are they publicly available? Did you pay?

No and No.

The lady was very specific I don't post them on line. Apparently some Chinese Lego rip off company have been hounding them for the parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Tefral wrote: »
    I managed to get the block list and instructions from the builder for the tower so gonna give it a go

Is it possible to share them by PM? or email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I managed to get the block list and instructions from the builder for the tower so gonna give it a go
    What's the bricklink price look like for it?

I've no issue with sharing them via email if someone wants to PM me. I am going to honour the persons wish though and not post the info online.

I haven't had the chance to go through bricklink yet. Was thinking i might put it together Sunday and see how much it comes out at.

There is is 3073 pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

3000 pieces for the tower??? The Sat V is only 1700. How is that even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There is is 3073 pieces

No wonder it didn't make the final cut. That's a massive amount of pieces compared to the Saturn.

Pique wrote: »
    3000 pieces for the tower??? The Sat V is only 1700. How is that even possible?

You should see the size of them, loads of them only have one Lego nobble at the top.

• Advertisement

It'd be interesting to get the designer files for it and see if some part substitution could take that number down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

A good bit cheaper on the Lego Store, its been €120 since launch, no idea why they have it for £130...

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/LEGO-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Exactly 120 delivered from lego direct. No its not limited edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Very very dissapointed with this set, so fragile and impossible to put the USA panels on the sides.

You have 2 main rocket pieces being held together by a 2x2 piece ??? wtf .

I have built large lego sets before and they have always been solid and cleverly designed - this I don't know how designed it , but from the booklet maybe it was some kids ??? hmmmm.

Anyway I hope this is not a sign of things to come, perhaps they have moved factories to China .

Terrible terrible set.

So dissapointed.

Very very dissapointed with this set, so fragile and impossible to put the USA panels on the sides.

I have built large lego sets before and they have always been solid and cleverly designed - this I don't know how designed it , but from the booklet maybe it was some kids ??? hmmmm.

Anyway I hope this is not a sign of things to come, perhaps they have moved factories to China .

Terrible terrible set.

So dissapointed.

There is always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Well this one is a bit unusual for me, for logistical reasons (between house moves) I had it sent to the parents in law (we go there once a month) and I don't get much time to build it - so maybe Im rushing a bit each time.
    Had some minutes last night and got the panels on , so feels a lot more solid now ....

So will start bag 4 next month :)

But I should be enjoying it more ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Is so you can separate the stages - insert the lander etc - its very secure with both a large socket and clips to hold it - I thought it was very clever.
    this I don't know how designed it

It was originally a community project I think - yes two guys - but was taken on and finished by the main lego designers - took years apparently if I remember what i read correctly - I thought the booklet explained it very well and was an nice addition to the set to see the background to the design.

No idea what this means - set was designed in Europe - if you are having quality problems with the bricks you should contact them.
    Terrible terrible set.So dissapointed.

Probably the best lego set I have at the moment - from a distance you probably would even recognise it was even lego its build is so unusual and solid.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got this a few weeks back - still in box - hoping to build it over Easter and might even let the kids help out :D

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Instructions for the launch tower are here http://thebrickblogger.com/2018/02/lego-apollo-saturn-v-launch-tower-instructions/
    Please note that this is a massive model, and although a parts list and building instructions are provided freely, you will need to shop for the necessary parts yourself. You best option to get the parts you don’t already have is BrickLink, the largest online LEGO marketplace. LEGO fans who already built the model share that it includes some rare and discontinued parts, which will make the model very expensive (if you don’t already own the pieces). You may want to play around with the LEGO Digital Designer file of the model to see if you can swap out some of the hard-to-find parts with cheaper alternatives.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

In the comments for that article is an estimate of $900 for brick-linking the parts to build it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mine is still sitting in the box unopened. I need to find time... anyone know where to look ?;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've been looking at this set as a Christmas purchase, so recalled that there was a thread on it. The problem is, I don't think I could build it unless it had a display case similar to the below.

497947.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Got it for Christmas and love it.
    Had an idea to display it like this(attached) but need to fine tune it

Got it for Christmas and love it.
    Had an idea to display it like this(attached) but need to fine tune it

That's a cracking display idea. Let us know how the fine tuned one looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

I'm looking to get this (late I know), anyone know any shops that still have it in stock? Or even good places to buy online?

Looking online amazon.co.uk have it for €195 but amazon.com is much cheaper at €109 even if you are on the cost of addresspal to have it delivered here from the us. Has anyone bought Lego from the us and had it delivered like that?

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm looking to get this (late I know), anyone know any shops that still have it in stock? Or even good places to buy online?

Looking online amazon.co.uk have it for €195 but amazon.com is much cheaper at €109 even if you are on the cost of addresspal to have it delivered here from the us. Has anyone bought Lego from the us and had it delivered like that?

You'll get hit with the customs charge when An Post bring it in. Theres a couple on Adverts if you want to stay local. Try Bricklink for a wider European selection, theres an unopened one in Hungary for €119 + delivery

You could also try eBay Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have one here unopened that I bought direct from Lego when it was launched. Probably not going to build it at this stage so it's there if your interested.

Edit: meant to say I'm not looking to make a profit so I'll let it go for what I paid and we can arrange delivery/collection/postage.

It was still in stock on lego Ireland website like a week ago pity ya just missed it as its gone now.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have one here unopened that I bought direct from Lego when it was launched. Probably not going to build it at this stage so it's there if your interested.

That's a strong candidate for keeping mint in box in the attic...

Advertisement