Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't traveller children placed in foster homes?

Options
13»

Comments

But, the thing that most appalled me at the time was the low voter turnout -

"The Children's Referendum has been passed with the support of 58% of voters, with just three of the country's 43 constituencies rejecting the proposed amendment.

However only 33.5% of those eligible to vote yesterday did so, which was the lowest turnout since the referendum on bail in 1996."
    I had a laugh at the turnout tbh. It wasn't long before that that there was a campaign to have votes on Saturdays because it would more people (students etc.) and then that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

What a disgusting, arrogant and ignorant suggestion.

Op seeing as you're a movie man go watch Rabbit Proof Fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭JoeyPeeps

wakka12 wrote: »
    If all traveller children were taken to foster homes , then travellers would essentially die out
    That's the whole point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

JoeyPeeps wrote: »
    I'm sure may of us wouldn't like our children raised on a halting site yet it is regarded as an acceptable standard of living for travellers. Why do we allow it? I think if more traveller children were placed in foster homes we would have far less problems.

Well Christ was born in a stable and look at all the trouble he caused!!! :D

Advertisement