Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacing double sockets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Sleeper12 wrote:
    How much will it you pay for 10 double sockets?

I bought 10 mk logics with switches on the outer corners for 30 sterling online. You would be looking at a lot more in most wholesalers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I bought 10 mk logics with switches on the outer corners for 30 sterling online. You would be looking at a lot more in most wholesalers

Post a link please! :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Any electrician would change out 10 sockets in half hour. Supply 10 run of the mill sockets and fit for €100 not a bad half hours work.

2 of 4 I installed two years back have failed already. Strangely enough the least used ones. Same make.
    Have another Aldi job elsewhere is soldiering on.

The 12VDC jobs I spent 3 squid on a decade ago are far more resilient. I suppose having off switches helps.

Resurrected one today. Cheapo Low ESR (1000µF) caps combined with no off switch done her.

421952.jpg

Replaced it with Rubicons and pressed back into service put it in the recycling because it was no longer up to regs...whistling.gif

Thuther has a different ailment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Go to any electrical wholesaler and ask for click sockets. We use hundreds a week and never have any issue. They are 2.20 + vat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Apologies for dredging up an oldish thread.
    But I'm curious about anybody's opinions on Black Nickel sockets and switches.
    I'll be beginning a house build later in the year, and am currently trying to gather as many opinions on every aspect of this project as I can.
    I bought a single socket (black nickel) from woodies (€13) yesterday and, as an experiment, have been plugging and unplugging a plug in it to see how the quality holds up. (I haven't installed the socket.)
    It's not looking good. Seems to scuff pretty easily.
    Is this true for Black nickel plugs and switches generally? Or have I just got a particularly poor quality one here?
    The Brand is Telford I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Any electrician would change out 10 sockets in half hour.
    Absolute nonsense. That is 3 minutes each.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't like to knock woodies being an Irish company and all but some things I'd never buy from them. B&Q have a better selection of electric sockets and stuff inc MK. Ask in your local electricial wholesalers and tell them that you want quality

Advertisement