Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If i lose my licence i will lose my job

Options
2

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare


    Anyone else think we all just got trolled :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati


    kona wrote: »
    Lol

    Seriously? You think nearly double the speed limit in what was most likely residential zone is "laugh out loud" funny?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock


    MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Big boy games mean big boy rules.
    TBH I'm glad you've been taken off the road as it might save somebody's life and teach you a valuable lesson with regards to not driving like a moron

    Ah stop now. That's sensationalist bull **** and you know it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    99problems wrote: »
    Oh yeah now I agree with your point of view , ****ing moron

    Good man, you could have hurt my feelings


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad


    Patww79 wrote: »
    No, which goes to show what bull**** unlocking your phone being points in this instance is.

    You believe he was just unlocking his phone?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems


    I have been driving for 8 years in a provisional, unaccompanied mostly with no plates displayed and have not got any points ever. I don't think you can be that unlucky. You must draw attention to yourself. The part with you just sitting in the car park I don't really believe.

    You have have been driving for eight years and can't pass a simple test to get a full license . Yeah you are a terrible driver


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    Reati wrote: »
    Seriously? You think nearly double the speed limit in what was most likely residential zone is "laugh out loud" funny?

    No I think the holy than thou response was. He didn't kill anybody.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83


    This post has been deleted.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck


    Sucks about your job. Pretty much great news for other motorists, cyclists and pedestrians though.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan


    Patww79 wrote: »
    No, which goes to show what bull**** unlocking your phone being points in this instance is.

    But is the offence "unlocking your phone" or using your phone while driving? Why should what you are doing with the phone decide if you get points or not.

    It might be harsh, but we only have their word for why they had their phone in the car.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT


    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :D

    Hyperbole much?

    I agree that from what we've been told the OP can't have much argument with the points s/he's got (like why didn't they have the N plates up :confused:) but lets not lose the run of ourselves altogether!

    Most deaths are caused by speed or alcohol or distracted driving. OP was caught doing 92km/h (motorway speeds) in a 50 (residential zone). OP was also caught checking his phone while driving. OP is a potential killer, not hyperbole.


  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz


    Why oh why oh why would you not display N plates, which is an offence that carries 2 points, when you are one point away from losing your licence? It is beyond belief


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati


    kona wrote: »
    No I think the holy than thou response was. He didn't kill anybody.

    No one said he killed someone. He said he could have. If someone is willing to drive at 92 in a 50 zone that person is likely to exhibit that behavior constantly.

    So, no he didn't kill anyone but he is highly more likely to injure or kill than other drivers who follow the rules.

    Given the fact he is facing a ban for multiple offenses at this point, clearly doesn't give a ****.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    99problems wrote: »
    You have have been driving for eight years and can't pass a simple test to get a full license . Yeah you are a terrible driver

    I'd say your hardly Jackie Stewart yourself. Run along and obey the speed limit and all traffic signs.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad


    Patww79 wrote: »
    Can only go on what he's saying. Why automatically believe he's lying?

    Because it is human nature to downplay this sort of stuff. Plus the odds of someone getting caught the only time they touched their mobile phone must be pretty high.


  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems


    kona wrote:
    No I think the holy than thou response was. He didn't kill anybody.

    Oh yeah because not killing anyone is the standard we should all live by.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall


    GarIT wrote: »
    Most deaths are caused by speed or alcohol or distracted driving. OP was caught doing 92km/h (motorway speeds) in a 50 (residential zone). OP was also caught checking his phone while driving. OP is a potential killer, not hyperbole.

    You do realize that every driver is a potential killer?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan


    kona wrote: »
    I'd say your hardly Jackie Stewart yourself. Run along and obey the speed limit and all traffic signs.

    You make that remark like doing so is a bad thing.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83


    This post has been deleted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm


    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

    Legally there's a difference between a cradle that is wired into and forms part of the carkit, and the likes of a universal cradle with the phone using Bluetooth.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    Reati wrote: »
    No one said he killed someone. He said he could have. If someone is willing to drive at 92 in a 50 zone that person is likely to exhibit that behavior constantly.

    So, no he didn't kill anyone but he is highly more likely to injure or kill than other drivers who follow the rules.

    Given the fact he is facing a ban for multiple offenses at this point.

    Yeah but that response. I'd say he's the same muppet that merges onto a motorway at 60 because speed kills and if you are going slow your indestructible in a car. And a safe driver.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad


    Patww79 wrote: »
    Why they had their phone in the car? Does anyone leave their house without their phone these days? Do you never have your phone in the car? Mine is in the windscreen holder every single day.

    I keep mine in my trousers pocket when driving.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati


    Allinall wrote: »
    You do realize that every driver is a potential killer?

    That's amazing logic. Seriously, that's the **** they put in motivation posters.

    I don't think I've ever been in awe of such a stupid comment so early in the morning. I bet you were the head of your school's debating club.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock


    99problems wrote: »
    You have have been driving for eight years and can't pass a simple test to get a full license . Yeah you are a terrible driver

    Just haven't bothered doing it yet.

    Have it booked and will pass it. Fingers crossed.

    My point to is the op must be drawing attention to himself.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83


    This post has been deleted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    Owryan wrote: »
    You make that remark like doing so is a bad thing.

    I make it sound like he's a hypocrite. I'd say he's far from Mr perfect on the road.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona


    Just haven't bothered doing it yet.

    Have it booked and will pass it. Fingers crossed.

    My point to is the op must be drawing attention to himself.
    Don't mind him he's the Oracle in Ireland as regards driving.
    Absolute impeccable driver.


  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems


    kona wrote:
    I'd say your hardly Jackie Stewart yourself. Run along and obey the speed limit and all traffic signs.


    Am I supposed to be offended by that ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall


    Reati wrote: »
    That's amazing logic. Seriously, that's the **** they put in motivation posters.

    I don't think I've ever been in awe of such a stupid comment so early in the morning. I bet you were the head of your school's debating club.

    There was no "logic" in my post.

    It was a statement of fact.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati


    kona wrote: »
    Yeah but that response. I'd say he's the same muppet that merges onto a motorway at 60 because speed kills and if you are going slow your indestructible in a car. And a safe driver.

    Completely irrelevant and unfounded. You clearly have a view that your imposing onto him which has nothing to do with the thread or dangers of driving 92kph in again what was likely a residential area.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement