Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty WWII

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Live stream is full of PR ****e.
    Trailer doesn't show much other than it looks like another Michael Bay special so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

This could save the series I reckon, the trailer looks ok. At least there's no jetpack's. Not yet anyway!

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I haven't enjoyed any of the futuristic CODs. I gave up after Ghosts, that's when I got fed up. I actually bought this years COD, it was ok but not a patch on the older stuff.

MW was the first (and only) game I ever got max gamerscore for. It was the only game I enjoyed enough to actually play the campaign through multiple times to get all the achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Actual bolt action rifles and huge attention to detail on sound. Haven't bought a COD game since Advanced Warfare, but I will buy this.

• Advertisement

I can't tell which is higher: the amount of actual bullsh?t marketing lingo or the hype.

"The honour", "The privilege"... bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where is the CHECKOUT option!!!!

That looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Typical Cod reveal with the cinematic stuff but the clip of the destiny style lobby was cool and Zombie Nazis FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Havent bought a CoD game at release since WaW, i'll probably be buying this just for the single player campaign just off of that announcement. Looks quality and if its trying to keep up with BF1 it'll be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Overall I'd say this will be another let down, just like MWR.

Won't be buying this one at launch anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Haven't bought a CoD since the first Black Ops but will probably pick this up. Glad they're going back to WWII. Not a fan of futuristic stuff and tired of shooting people from 'Generic-istan' in the modern ones, like everyone was of shooting Nazis 10 years ago!

Bit disappointed by the trailer though. Definitely didn't give me the same buzz as Battlefield 1. This looks a bit like Allied Assault Remastered, although if EA did make that I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat! I just feel the Western Front from D-Day on has been pretty well covered. I know we've had World at War, and it was decent, and there's stuff like Red Orchestra, but something with a mix from the Western Front, USSR, Asia and North Africa would excite me a lot more. Even the first couple of CoDs gave you a perspective of different fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon the reason they're going back to Normandy is to satiate a wider appetite. Like, surely everyone knows about D-Day and the beach landing. So it's something they can recognise, and younger gamers would never have got the same experience that we did when AA first came out (kids these days go by graphics...). While there is probably more "interesting" or broader wars to cover, most people probably don't know about them, so it wouldn't generate hype. Knowing Activision, they'll go the same route as the original trilogy and get people in with the known wars, and then expand.

Either way, it looks good. Even if it's just a carbon copy of AA with modern graphics and updated gameplay, it'll sell very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Excited about this one. Infinite Warfare turned out to be actually pretty good but I've come to be very reserved when it comes to anything Call of Duty since Black Ops 2. This is the first time I'm genuinely excited to see what it brings to the table.

I just hope they have the sense not to destroy historical multi-player with ridiculous costumes, camo, and the rest of it. I don't want to be in Normandy facing off against a character from Overwatch using a Nazi expermimental laser rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is there actual gameplay available to view or are people pre ordering based on the trailer?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is there actual gameplay available to view or are people pre ordering based on the trailer?

:pac::pac::pac:

Oh... you are being serious. It has 'Call of Duty' on the front cover. Nothing more is needed. :p

No gameplay available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Trailer is allegedly in game footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Garbage

if you insist

Advertisement