Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty WWII

Options
  • 21-04-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

No info yet but this picture.

18010875_1932194343677530_2522608140577108838_n.jpg?oh=a903daced7c9d8e067898670ec2e7888&oe=5987C262

Call of Dutys become quite stale but I love The setting of WW2 theres so much they could do.

looking forward to see what they have for us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Round and round the stale-fresh-stale-fresh circle we go...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is it Treyarch making this one?

WaW is my favourite COD,from the Coop campaign to the first iteration of Zombies its by far the most innovative in the series for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought cod 3 and waw were utter garbage but treyarch have come on leaps and bounds. It will be interesting to see even if I doubt it will reach the heights of the original CoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Round and round the stale-fresh-stale-fresh circle we go...
    'Member when every second shooter was a WWII game? I 'member...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Sledgehammer... not treyarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Meh,no interest if its sledgehammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gameplay mechanics and feel aside, what new can we expect from this? Same guns, same battles, same armies, same ****. Battlefield 1 was such a breath of fresh air with the WW1 setting even if some of the guns where invented after the War or not used at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

what new can we expect from this?

415298.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am kinda looking forward to a well made WW2 single player game.

I mean the money spent on these games the SP has to be good, right? right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant wait to see Conor McGregor in it!!!!

LOL

• Advertisement

Gameplay mechanics and feel aside, what new can we expect from this? Same guns, same battles, same armies, same ****. Battlefield 1 was such a breath of fresh air with the WW1 setting even if some of the guns where invented after the War or not used at all.

Single player campaign in BF1 was easily the worst of the series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

One thing cod will have though is unlockiing guns as you level up in rank. Sadly battlefield 1 you get skins with random loot boxes. Ive gone back to bf4 for that reason.
    We all want a gun to unlock as we rank cause it feels like we progress and can change our loadout.
    Haven't played cod since AW and that didnt last long but hopefully this can drag me back in to the likes of MW/ BO, they were great games in themselves.
    This isnt a one is better than the other post just, just looking forward to see whats being done for the next 1. Fingers crossed its good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

'Member when every second shooter was a WWII game? I 'member...

'member when call of duty and medal of honour were in competition?
    'I member

Single player campaign in BF1 was easily the worst of the series though.

BF has a single player now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I never cease to be amazed that people think CoD has a Single Player experience worth mentioning, but each to their own :) I wish they'd do away with single player in Battlefield and bring back MoH as a single player only experience. Sell them as a duo if you like EA, but stop half-arsing both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Shiminay wrote: »
    I never cease to be amazed that people think CoD has a Single Player experience worth mentioning, but each to their own :) I wish they'd do away with single player in Battlefield and bring back MoH as a single player only experience. Sell them as a duo if you like EA, but stop half-arsing both.

The first CoD was the most amazing thing ever (at the time).

The first CoD was the most amazing thing ever (at the time).

Medal of Honour: Allied Assault remains the greatest single player WW2 first-person shooter. Impeccable game.

I am guessing you never played COD 1 2 or 3, the SP was literally the point, MP was an addon in those days.

In fairness to COD since it became a franchise the SP in MW is simply brilliant, Ghillies in the mist is one of the best FPS SP missions ever made.

But you knew that.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

COD Forum surely.

Also, I don't know if I want to give my money to such a scumbag company...when THIS was released today

DLC, for DLC basically (which used to be free in the original game....and LOOK at the price !!)

[IMG][/img]26D90UC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    and LOOK at the price !!)

Won?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

EoinHef wrote: »
    Meh,no interest if its sledgehammer.

this guy disagrees

15c8509b4063571854870e0a06223406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Won?

I'm in Korea. (my bad for assuming people would know the conversion)

It's about 15/20 dollars on STEAM, prob 15 euro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Falthyron wrote: »
    Medal of Honour: Allied Assault remains the greatest single player WW2 first-person shooter. Impeccable game.

I loved allied assault at the time but CoD came along and absolutely blew it away along with every other fps at the time of release. People were bored stupid of WW2 shooters but CoD was so good people didn't care. MoH AA has aged quite a bit if you go back to play it. Much better than MoH Frontline which I don't understand how people like. It's awful and a buggy mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or give us more of the Battlefield Bad Company single player, which was one of my favourite shooters in the past... Jesus... decade? (it's been that long...?)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I loved allied assault at the time but CoD came along and absolutely blew it away along with every other fps at the time of release. People were bored stupid of WW2 shooters but CoD was so good people didn't care. MoH AA has aged quite a bit if you go back to play it. Much better than MoH Frontline which I don't understand how people like. It's awful and a buggy mess.

I'm a big sound buff. I love great sound effects that offer a punch! I remember MoH:AA having incredible sound effects and an amazing atmosphere, particularly D:Day and the missions afterwards approaching Vierville (iirc!) - taking out the Nebelwerfers. I did go back and try it out in the past year or so, and yeah, damn it has aged... 'Still would' though... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Because it does. :confused:

COD - excellent single player
    COD2 - excellent single player.
    COD3- mediocre single player
    COD4 - excellent single player
    WAW - good single player
    MW2 - excellent single player
    MW3 - mediocre-decent single player
    Ghosts - poor to mediocre single player
    Black Ops - excellent single player
    Black Ops 2 - good single player
    Black Ops 3 - terrible single player
    Advanced Warfare - good single player
    Infinite Warfare - great single player

The last few COD's I haven't even bothered playing online because I've lost interest but Black Ops 3 is the only campaign I've found intolerably bad, the rest range from acceptable to excellent - Infinite Warfare really took me by surprise as the last one, but also the best in quite some time.

As for COD returning to WW2 I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Sledgehammer's Advanced Warfare wasn't a bad game really and the single player was fairly decent - and I want to believe that they won't chose to wreck a WW2 title with supply drops and cartoon-like customization that has plagued other COD games. (I mean, Black Ops 3 is almost more like Halo than COD)

Also re: Allied Assault it hasn't aged badly. It's just aged. I was just playing it the other day and apart from maybe some of the more grandiose elements showing the limitations of tech at the time like D-Day, the game is still very sound and decent to play.

I have to say as someone bored to tears by military shooters and is currently trying not to fall asleep while playing Uncharted 4, Advanced Warfare was a lot of fun in single player. I think they found their groove with that one in the same way Treyarch were awful before Black Ops.
    Also re: Allied Assault it hasn't aged badly. It's just aged. I was just playing it the other day and apart from maybe some of the more grandiose elements showing the limitations of tech at the time like D-Day, the game is still very sound and decent to play.

True, I was a bit harsh. It's still very much playable unlike something like Goldeneye. At the time I considered it one of the very best FPS games of all time and it's only because it's been surpassed by games like CoD 1 that it seems to have aged. The only sections that have really aged are a few annoying missions that don't really work all that well (and I loved the sniper mission everyone hated even if you had a finger on the quicksave button the whole way through).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

World at War was my favourite CoD.

Good news.

May actually end up buying it this year. Last one was Black Ops 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

United Offensive expansion was the greatest thing made for the CoD games.
    It combined the play-ability of the infantry with the scope of Battlefield maps to make something so much better than the main game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't wait to experience how America saved the world.

Advertisement