Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lucozade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Not that i doubt your taste buds...But how dafuq do you know what cat urine tastes like?!

Cheesing.

Only the chosen few among you are gonna get that :D

Anyway I'd still prefer to pay the extra 50 cent or whatever it is for a bottle of real lucozade than drink that garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Couple banana's washed down with a bottle of Lucozade before going to the gym/football/any sport and I do feel like I picked up a star in Mario Kart.

What have they changed about it?

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Couple banana's washed down with a bottle of Lucozade before going to the gym/football/any sport and I do feel like I picked up a star in Mario Kart.

What have they changed about it?

Reduced sugar content by 50%. There are still old bottles in shops until they're all sold, the packing is identical to the original except for the sugar details on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Check the ingredients the original should say glucose syrup 25% the new cat urine says glucose syrup 13%.

Lucozade already have their zero range why couldn't they leave the original alone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

brevity wrote: »
    If it's not in that indestructible glass bottle then it's not real lucozade.
    Has to have the orange cellophane.

And was only used when flat 7 up couldn't cure you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

332m9et.png

No wait I'm confused.

This new lucozade is just a kind of diet version right? The same way we have coke zero. The regular lucozade will remain the same. RIGHT????!!

:(

No wait I'm confused.

This new lucozade is just a kind of diet version right? The same way we have coke zero. The regular lucozade will remain the same. RIGHT????!!

I'm not hopeful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Has to have the orange cellophane.

And was only used when flat 7 up couldn't cure you

And,the black screw-in stopper !!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

No wait I'm confused.

I wish that were the case...

Long term my body will probably be grateful but goddammit life is too short to deprive yourself of things you enjoy and now there's no choice at all :( There was backlash over it on social media and there's an online petition going on as well.

I'm not sure which one I had now. It wasn't the regular lucozade in the regular bottle. It had I think Zero wrote on it. It's my favourite treat drink and hangover drink. My little bottle of comfort. But I have a plan. I will stockpile bottles for when the lucozade genocide is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That was my question - how do we know if it's the new one it the old one.

so the only way to know is the 13% glucose syrup.?

I always think Lucozade tastes better from a can than those plastic bottles.

Better go and stock pile a load of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is this new Lucozade now officially on the shelves and replacing the old Lucozade for good? Because I have been to about a dozen shops the past week and not once have I seen anything but the regular Lucozade- where is this new batch??

anewme wrote: »

Glass bottle > Can > Plastic bottle.

Glass bottle > Can > Plastic bottle.

Only the old bobbly glass bottles that I used to think were orange.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Only the old bobbly glass bottles that I used to think were orange.....

The glass bottles in the pub were always the nicest, then the old 1 liter glass bottle wrapped in orange cellophane. Cans are really nice, but the plastic bottles are manky.

Is this new Lucozade now officially on the shelves and replacing the old Lucozade for good? Because I have been to about a dozen shops the past week and not once have I seen anything but the regular Lucozade- where is this new batch??

You have been lucky so, it's a nasty surprise when you get one of the horrible ones :( Tesco have the new one and I nearly got caught out. Just checked the label in time.

Look at the label above the ingredients and it should say *sparkling glucose drink with sugar and sweeteners and in the list of ingredients glucose syrup should say 13%. That's the new one. Pure muck

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The glass bottles in the pub were always the nicest, then the old 1 liter glass bottle wrapped in orange cellophane. Cans are really nice, but the plastic bottles are manky.

I was in a pub yesterday at lunchtime and spotted the small glass bottles of Lucozade . Had to indulge!

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Look at the label above the ingredients and it should say *sparkling glucose drink with sugar and sweeteners and in the list of ingredients glucose syrup should say 13%. That's the new one. Pure muck

I wouldn't even serve it to Trump...

Found a few old bottles/cans today and I've stockpiled them for when they're completely extinct from the shop shelf. Then I'll auction them off.

One year later: Very last bottle of the true original Lucozade on offer folks, shall we start the bidding at €1,000,000?

Maybe I'm being a bit... generous with that estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The orange goddess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Lucozade have always tinkered with the taste of their products, I remember well over a decade ago they destroyed the taste of the canned original one and about 5 years ago they destroyed the taste of the Orange one. Don't know if they ever changed them back as I never bought them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

How does it taste with vodka? I used to love Lucozade with vodka back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They've made a very good approximation in terms of taste with their zero offering considering the original was pure sugar.

Saw the new version today for the first time. It's labelled Lucozade Zero original. Now I'm totally confused.....is there going to be a lucozade original and a lucozade zero original?

I'm going to go totally against everyone else and say I liked it and would buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

F
    Crisps are fried in vegetable oils and green pringles in particular are clearly less addictive than before. etc. etc.

Agree. Sour cream and onion Pringles were launched in Ireland during the summer of 1992. I bought a large (£1.50) tub nearly every day - seriously strong flavour.

Saw the new version today for the first time. It's labelled Lucozade Zero original. Now I'm totally confused.....is there going to be a lucozade original and a lucozade zero original?

I'm going to go totally against everyone else and say I liked it and would buy again.

No there is the lucozade zero range but this is the lucozade original and that is what they're messing with.

Autosport wrote: »
    No there is the lucozade zero range but this is the lucozade original and that is what they're messing with.

Ahh do there will be 2 then

This was labelled Lucozade Zero original and I quite liked it!

• Advertisement

Ahh do there will be 2 then

This was labelled Lucozade Zero original and I quite liked it!

I must try that one.

Advertisement