Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lucozade

Options
  • 21-04-2017 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried it yet? Tastes like cat... urine. Utterly dreadful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone tried it yet? Tastes like cat... urine. Utterly dreadful.

Not that i doubt your taste buds...But how dafuq do you know what cat urine tastes like?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

No but then I wouldn't have anything exotic to compare it to.

Lay off the cat urine, it can't be good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

srsly it's rank though.

I had to go to the 4th row to get the yummy 33g of sugar one today.

it's so depressing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Srsly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I must try the latest bottle of diabetes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

humberklog wrote: »
    Srsly?

If only Lucozade could replace lost vowels as well as lost nrg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's new about it?

The taste of cat piss apparently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's new about it?

They've reduced the sugar content by half in the normal one

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jaysus I'd say the cat piss is being generous then. Could they not have brought out a diet one alongside?

They did that too lucozade zero

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Stopped drinking Lucozade years ago. Every so often I found you got a bottle that did not taste quite right, and one of them was my last. Was only last week when I got a craving for the first time since, on hearing about this new recipe. Craving only lasted a few minutes before going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Is their a diet cat piss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is that the one they were handing out free bottles of in town?

Oh Gods pour down upon me thou sweet nectar. Let your bubbles of ecstacy cascade upon my tongue. If ever I am weary of existence allow me to partake in that liquid gold.

I love lucozade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is that the one they were handing out free bottles of in town?

No, that was actual cat piss that skangers were handing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

No, that was actual cat piss that skangers were handing out.

Alright bud, I bottled it meself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Oh Gods pour down upon me thou sweet nectar. Let your bubbles of ecstacy cascade upon my tongue. If ever I am weary of existence allow me to partake in that liquid gold.

I love lucozade :D

But have you tried the new one yet? it's still called 'original' even though it's not original and tastes nothing like the original. Lucozade will go out if business with this ridiculous move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Isn't the whole point of Lucozade is that it is a source of glucose? Replacing sugar, a perfectly natural substance needed by the body, with some artificial sweetener is hardly a progressive step as they have been linked to numerous ailments.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

If it's not in that indestructible glass bottle then it's not real lucozade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

PARlance wrote: »
    If only Lucozade could replace lost vowels as well as lost nrg.
    Be scene, not herd.

But have you tried the new one yet? it's still called 'original' even though it's not original and tastes nothing like the original. Lucozade will go out if business with this ridiculous move.

I have and threw it out after one mouthful. It tasted kind of flat or something. Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Or... they'll let this ride out for a few months, bring a big campaign up about the release of "Lucozade classic" which will soon after just become standard Lucozade again, and in the process inexplicably set all their competition back by several years. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Loo Cats Aid?
    How does the OP know the taste of cats piss?

For me the whole point of lucozade was that it had significantly more calories/sugar/glucose than most other fizzy drinks and therefore was more satisfying, but that the trade off was you only drank a small bottle and only occasionally. It was great for a hangover. The taste of rusty coins fo the original was pleasant because it was associated with a massive sugar injection. If the sugar content is cut in half then lucozade seves no purpose for me anymore.

On a side note: is anyone else bothered by how manufacturers of sweets, drinks etc. keep making their products healthier for reasons of cost-saving and perhaps public health/ imagined consumer desires?

Chocolate bars are smaller, the chocolate is less nice because the stuff that makes chocolate nice is taken out and replaced with stuff that makes it like a lump of candlewax.
    Sweets have had E-numbers and nice stuff in them removed.
    Fruit cordial containing sugar is hard to find now except maybe for the orange and blackcurrant flavours, with sugar-free drinks being pushed as standard - these non-sugar drinks are the biggest bugbear of mine! The only drinks I normally have are water, sparkling water or tea but I do like a nice satisfying full-sugar glass of mi-wadi or fizzy drinks occasionally.
    Junk breakfast cereals which most would previously only have eaten for a treat have way less sugar than before and are way less nice as a result.
    Crisps are fried in vegetable oils and green pringles in particular are clearly less addictive than before. etc. etc.

Like most I can go ages without eating rubbish but every so often I like to eat/drink some and enjoy it and its annoying to see pure rubbish being removed from us "for our own good". Maybe the likes of me being disatisfied is worth it for the greater good of people who can't help themselves, I don't know ..

Isn't the whole point of Lucozade is that it is a source of glucose? Replacing sugar, a perfectly natural substance needed by the body, with some artificial sweetener is hardly a progressive step as they have been linked to numerous ailments.

THis new version is apparently to avoid the new sugar tax. Although diabetics do sometimes take it, if their sugars drop too low, and has already been said, that this new version wont be near as effective to bring them back up.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    THis new version is apparently to avoid the new sugar tax. Although diabetics do sometimes take it, if their sugars drop too low, and has already been said, that this new version wont be near as effective to bring them back up.

What sugar tax?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    What sugar tax?

Sorry, was thinking about the UK version on sale there.

Advertisement