Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's going on with House of Cards season 5? It's aots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

lawred2 wrote: »

Aots? Is that a real word?

Thought season 5 was ok. Gets a bit complicated to follow in the middle but finishes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

'all over the shop'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Watched "Happy Endings" the other night.

Had a bit of a Woody Allen / French farce feel to it with a lot of humanity thrown in. Three separate stories that eventually connect and a great cast.

Highly recommended (if that sounds like your sort of thing)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Choochtown wrote: »
    Watched "Happy Endings" the other night.

Had a bit of a Woody Allen / French farce feel to it with a lot of humanity thrown in. Three separate stories that eventually connect and a great cast.

Highly recommended (if that sounds like your sort of thing)

Once I read Woody Allen I scratched that off my list. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,043 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dave..M wrote: »
    No Expanse Season 2 in the July list that I can see, sigh
    :(

Yeah, this is really weird, especially after the supposed report way back when that'd stream weekly.

On the upside, it has definitely been renewed for Season 3 so its current absence from Netflix hasn't hurt its existence too much so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GLOW added today , Netflix original , getting good reviews

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

lawred2 wrote: »

The previous showrunner stepped down and I got the impression that this, coupled with some rumoured rewrites following Trump's election, has led to needing to wrap up a bunch of subplots faster than expected.

No bad thing, tbh, as Seasons 3 and 4 had absolutely glacial pacing and enough plot for one season between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anybody given that Hulk Hogan vs Gawker doc a watch yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Watched the first half. The Hogan case is a large part of it but it's all also a look at how the media can be shut down by those that can afford to and the issues that go with this. Pretty interesting so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,474 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watched it and enjoyed but I'm very conflicted after watching it.

As you can see both sides and both are right in there own right.

Gawker has printed some awful non newsworthy stuff and deserved to get its comeuppance.

The way it got its comeuppance is quite scary for a free press to survive in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Some good movies leaving at the end of this month. Picture Bride one of the first foreign movies I watched on Netflix and one of Toshirô Mifune last. Melena staring Monica Bellucci (looking her finest I must say :p) is also leaving, great movie.

New series of Luther has only 2 episodes. Excellent but I wanted more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

peteeeed wrote: »
    GLOW added today , Netflix original , getting good reviews

3 episodes in and very entertained. Top stuff.:)

I watched Sand Castle over the weekend, a Netflix original that's not your average war story set in Iraq. Nicely lacking in jingoism and cliches and worth a watch if you're looking for an war movie.

Kids having playdates coming into the summer is giving me lots of TV time. Betting on Zero is a great documentary about Bill Ackman, billionaire hedge fund guy, taking a gamble on shorting Herbalife who he claims is a massive pyramid scheme and the whole story around it. Won't go too much into detail but worth catching, 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The thin blue line is deffo worth a watch for those who like crime docs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Whiplash, Foxcatcher expiring at the end of the month.

New series of Power up but only 1 episode?

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    New series of Power up but only 1 episode?

It's being released weekly the day after it airs in the States.

Occono wrote: »
    Foxcatcher expiring at the end of the month.

I watched the documentary that's on Netflix about it a while ago so feel I know the whole story, do you think it's still worth catching before it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I watched the documentary that's on Netflix about it a while ago so feel I know the whole story, do you think it's still worth catching before it goes?

Yes, the film is unique in the telling of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ThisRegard wrote: »

I found the film very disappointing.

It's being released weekly the day after it airs in the States.

Usually when that's the case though they say that on the list.

Episode 1 of season 4 aired on Sunday night in the States and it appeared on Netflix here Monday morning no more episodes have aired.

Netflix also announced it on Twitter that it would air weekly like previous seasons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Netflix somewhat cheekily label a number of series as "Netflix Originals" when actually they just have first-airing rights here, after it airs on a different US network. "Better Call Saul" is the best known example - it's an AMC show but you'd be forgiven for thinking Netflix make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

It doesn't have the Netflix Original branding for whatever reason. Same with some other shows (Once Upon a Time, Pretty Little Liars, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) that they release weekly. Why they don't when Saul and Riverdale and so on do is probably just the whims of the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

district 9 added today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Okja will be added today at some point, as you may be aware. It is directed by a talented gentleman whose last film didn't even get released over here despite being excellent, so getting to see this will be nice even if it's a shame to see it instantly relegated to the small screen.

Additionally, Aquarius has been added. The Brazilian film may well be one of the best of the year so far, in no small part thanks to a tour de force performance from Sonia Braga. It is a long, considered character study in the best way, with moments of real poetry and grace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement