Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkstore prices

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

RasTa wrote: »
    Then how the hell do you expect them to have label on every beer in store given their space

No one mentioned labeling every beer?

If you're referring to the label I was talking about they label 1 of each of the beers that are out...

How big did you think a "label" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

This is just going 'round and 'round, lads. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

limnam wrote: »
    No one mentioned labeling every beer?

If you're referring to the label I was talking about they label 1 of each of the beers that are out...

How big did you think a "label" is?

120 feet? What sort of silly question is that.

I'd rather ask the owner about the beer then read a note myself but that's up to the individual.

120 feet? What sort of silly question is that.

I'd rather ask the owner about the beer then read a label myself but that's up to the individual.

As silly as you pointing out they don't have enough space. it's not a kennel

Right, but you won't need to ask the price. Which could get very repetitive.

And if he's going to tell you to fck off up to tesco what's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Why do you have to ask for the price now that the bottles have price labels on them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lads, last warning before bans are handed out. Cut the bickering.

Good to see the best beer shop in Ireland brewing up their 30th anniversary beer with the whiplash boys.

DQnYiUCWAAAxX-Q.jpg

Good to see the best beer shop in Ireland brewing up their 30th anniversary beer with the whiplash boys.

DQnYiUCWAAAxX-Q.jpg

But will they manage to put a price tag on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Was in there last week and the guy there joked that they’re not so good at space but they’re brilliant at price tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Kenny is now officially a legend :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Kenny is now officially a legend :-)

Kenny? Never heard him called Kenny. Always known him as Ken. Top bloke.

Looking forward to trying their beer. I assume it’s some kind of aged imperial stout?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Kenny? Never heard him called Kenny. Always known him as Ken. Top bloke.

Looking forward to trying their beer. I assume it’s some kind of aged imperial stout?

He told me he was heading in to do one, mentioned some sort of pale ale. Gonna be out for Christmas so we will find out soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

BaZmO* wrote: »

It's a Black IPA apparently.

I've ordered a few times online but was in the store for the first time on Sunday and couldn't have been treated better. Came away with two SN Fresh Hop packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Stoneybatter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

They obviously have their fans here but McHugh's is clearly a better off licence. Layout, clear pricing and variety all superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Drinkstore selling the SN Fresh hop case for €5.50 cheaper than O'Briens, this thread is surely the place to point out when Drinkstore are great value!

http://www.drinkstore.ie/sierra-nevada-fresh-hop-pack-083783675160-9941/1/

https://www.obrienswine.ie/beers/sierra-nevada-fresh-hop-12-can-mixed-case.html

Very out of date cans of modus hoperandi for a euro each in the best beer shop in Ireland. Also won't be seeing their release for another few weeks. Busy in there atm so don't be asking about prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MartinMolloney

Trond wrote: »
    They obviously have their fans here but McHugh's is clearly a better off licence. Layout, clear pricing and variety all superior.

Been into both a few times. McHugh's layout is faaaar superior to drinkstore. In fairness though drinkstore has to make due with the space they have. Agree with pricing too even though all the beer in the fridge in the drinkstore has prices now a lot on the shelf doesn't. Variety is where I disagree. McHugh's is usually my first stop as it's closer to my house. A few times now though IV gone in looking for some rarer stuff single batch beers e.t.c and they haven't had them. Once or twice they hadn't even heard of them. Had to go all the way out to the drinkstore to see if they had them and they did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement