Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkstore prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

snowblind wrote: »
    Website is back online & stock seems to be up to date and they have a touch screen in the shop as well where you can look up stuff.
    Helps a lot since not all the product is always on the shelves. Looks like they've addressed this threads feedback pretty well :)

I wonder if they have stopped being patronising, ignorant dicks to potential customers?
    I guess I'll never find out because...
    a. I don't live in Dublin
    b. I can't ever see myself darkening their door again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Bit unfair to be so comprehensively thrashing a small business like this online.

And it sounds like they've addressed some of the issues (judging by snowblind's post).

Obviously not saying you're wrong but I've (and others by the look of the thread) always found the staff there pretty nice and no, I have no link to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

If its untrue, yes for sure. But if its true, and there are multiple accounts of bad service, why shouldnt people share their experiences?

Some people seem to have a fondness for the place and take its "eccentricities" as part of the charm. Others find not being able to see prices in a shop, and getting smart remarks when they ask, as offputting.

I personally hate going to a till without knowing what the product costs. If it happens, I probably wont go back to that place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They've bought a pricing gun and are using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Their prices have gone up recently. Now O'Briens are cheaper for Kinnegar. I still like to support them whenever I can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

RasTa wrote: »
    Their prices have gone up recently. Now O'Briens are cheaper for Kinnegar. I still like to support them whenever I can

Someone had to pay for the price gun

limnam wrote: »
    Someone had to pay for the price gun

Not to mention the labour of having to price every single bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Not to mention the labour of having to price every single bottle!

I’m sensing there’s no love loss here :-) I enjoy dropping in every so often to them. I’m not looking to see what price they have on their beer because when I want something I just buy it. But hey, we’re all different. I go to Redmond’s, Martin’s, Baggot Wines and The Drinkstore. All have a certain charm about them. To be giving out about prices or lack of, customer treatment etc, I’ll go to the US, as every store there will ask you as you walk through the door ’How are you today?’. I understand where you are coming from as a customer but these independents are independents for that reason. Long live these grumpy, non compliant places.

Damn straight. The customer is usually an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

rubadub wrote: »
    If they are finally complying with the law and have prices in the shop now on every single product then fine -so do they? Even if the answer is yes, If you can't figure out what people were complaining about then I dunno what to say...
    They do, I just said so! But some seem to think that drinkstore suxx if they don't also add pricing on the shelves?

• Advertisement

I wonder if they have stopped being patronising, ignorant dicks to potential customers?
    I guess I'll never find out because...
    a. I don't live in Dublin
    b. I can't ever see myself darkening their door again
    Never been that way to me, always had good service. The website being not up to date is really the only complaint I've had with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Never been that way to me, always had good service. The website being not up to date is really the only complaint I've had with them.

Yeah I’m the same.

The only problem now is that the likes of Molloys have caught up with their range. It’s now a lot of effort to go all the way to DS when I have a well stocked Molloys on my doorstep.

Obviously I’d prefer to give a local independent shop my business but hey-ho.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah I’m the same.

The only problem now is that the likes of Molloys have caught up with their range. It’s now a lot of effort to go all the way to DS when I have a well stocked Molloys on my doorstep.

I'm the opposite; hadn't been in for a long while but moved nearby recently.

Couple weeks ago I was there but had forgot my wallet; they let me use their computer to pay on paypal!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »

Fresh in Smithfield also playing a blinder beerwise these days.

BeerNut wrote: »

Great shop for browsing in then buying the stuff in Drinkstore. That's what I do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

BeerNut wrote: »

Went to the drinkstore recently and wasn't particularly blown away by it. Fresh had a very good selection alright. Molloys on Francis street is also a favourite of mine. I like somewhere I can chat to the staff and find something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They do, I just said so! But some seem to think that drinkstore suxx if they don't also add pricing on the shelves?
    I didn't get that impression from anybody posting in this thread, can you quote some people you did get this impression from? Putting a price on the shelf is usually easier than labeling every single bottle. I doubt anybody who was looking for a simple price on the shelf would be upset to "just see" pricing on every single bottle.

I didn't get that impression from anybody posting in this thread, can you quote some people you did get this impression from? Putting a price on the shelf is usually easier than labeling every single bottle. I doubt anybody who was looking for a simple price on the shelf would be upset to "just see" pricing on every single bottle.
    I'm confused and not sure what you are being pedantic about anymore.

- I merely explained that the bottles have now pricing, addressing the issue of the thread
    - Next reply is "they should just put the prices on the shelves!"
    - Me: Prices on the individual bottles is not enough to figure out the pricing?

Feel free to be annoyed by that exchange for whatever reason! :rolleyes:

I'm confused and not sure what you are being pedantic about anymore.
    If anybody is being pedantic it is you. The guy said "The easiest thing is to put up prices on the shelves", I would agree, easier than labelling every single bottle in the place.

I did not get the impression that he, or anybody else, was unhappy with them just pricing individual bottles, and were asking for shelf labels too. But I think you know this, and were just getting annoyed for whatever reason.
    - I merely explained that the bottles have now pricing, addressing the issue of the thread
    - Next reply is "they should just put the prices on the shelves!"
    - Me: Prices on the individual bottles is not enough to figure out the pricing?
    and what was the answer to that...? You seem to be reading things that are simply not there, not even a hint of it. Keep them eyes rolling...

You are making an extended argument about basically nothing, that's why the pedantry claim. I don't see anything worth arguing there; feel free to continue.

• Advertisement

Someone knock those two heads together!

I don't see anything worth arguing there
    Yeah, nobody did, except you, inventing posts. Bizarre stuff.

Yeah, nobody did, except you, inventing posts. Bizarre stuff.
    Your posts are something else, strawmen just popping up all around you eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Snowblind and Rubadub, please refrain from posting in this thread again. You're not adding anything to it!

The Gloomster!

If anybody is being pedantic it is you. The guy said "The easiest thing is to put up prices on the shelves", I would agree, easier than labelling every single bottle in the place.

You've obviously never been inside the shop if you think they could put prices on the shelves given the size of the store and the amount of beers they stock.

Although it would be a funny sight. I do wonder why people comment on things like this thread despite never shopping there.

Now they have the gun and people are still moaning

You've obviously never been inside the shop if you think they could put prices on the shelves given the size of the store and the amount of beers they stock.

Other shops manage to do it. It's really not that complicated.

My "local" not only manage to price them most of the bottles have hand written notes about the beer on at least one of the bottles in each "group" of bottles lovely personal touch.

People are going on like the request is to be brought out the back for a handjob. It's just asking to be treated with respect and price the fecking bottles.

The way the beer was spoken to is unacceptable in any shop.

The way the beer was spoken to is unacceptable in any shop.

Ah but the beer was acting the maggot. This shop is one of the smallest I've been inside in Ireland.

Another person who has never been inside, your local spar would have a bigger beer fridge

Ah but the beer was acting the maggot. This shop is one of the smallest I've been inside in Ireland.

Another person who has never been inside, your local spar would have a bigger beer fridge

How was he acting the maggot

I've been in it, many times. :rolleyes:

Stop making assumptions.

Eh, care to explain how I was acting the maggot?

• Advertisement

How was he acting the maggot

I've been in it, many times. :rolleyes:

Stop making assumptions.

Then how the hell do you expect them to have label on every beer in store given their space
    Eh, care to explain how I was acting the maggot?

Joking on his typo.

Advertisement