Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Comparative ranges for NEW 30kWh Leafs vs 28 kWh Ioniqs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Orebro wrote: »
    Absolutely. I mean, surely comparing a 30kw Leaf thats sitting in a 6/7 year old design that broke the mould to a brand new Ioniq isn't really comparing apples with apples?

Well given that they are both currently on sale and not for wildly different amounts of money, then I'd say it is still a pretty relevant comparison.

It is also interesting to see the efficiency gains that come over 6 years of development.

Finally it does range questions about the Leaf 2. If it has the same poor drag coefficient as the existing Leaf, then it might not be very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think we are sitting on the cusp of innovation with EV, and the 300 km "real world" range is not so far away.
    Buying a new leaf , either the current 8 year old model or the new one that comes out soon, is a retrograde step. IMO.
    If I were buying new I'd be looking at an Ioniq or a 41 kWh Zoe. But ideally I would not buy now, I would stick to my trusty "jolteon" (2014 24 kwh leaf) until the 300km cars come online.

I remain hopeful that my next EV will be a model 3 or model S!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ELM327 wrote: »
    I remain hopeful that my next EV will be a model 3 or model S!

+1

And I'd imagine many, many posters in this forum would be the same :)

Advertisement