Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooter in Cleveland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

nocoverart wrote: »
    Playing Pink Floyd - Animals right now and its crazy how well it holds up after 40 years.

Not to divert to thread but just had to say it more than holds up .... it's still 100% relevant. Floyd's dark masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Holy f*ck I just saw the FB live video and it's the most chilling thing I've ever seen. My god. Horrible. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I just watched the FB live video.
    I wish I had not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

NIMAN wrote: »
    So he wants to die?

Why not just turn the gun on himself?

Social media and nutters don't mix.

He's a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I prefer the inactive ones.

Now now, let's not criticize posters who mindlessly adapt whatever stupid jargon they hear coming out of the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Steve Stephens has killed at least 1 person, which he filmed and uploaded to Facebook, and claims to have killed 13.

There are some videos uploaded, one of which is very graphic, of him during the spree. In 1 of the video's he claims to have killed 13 people.

He's still at large.

CNN covering the story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I06BtdB6MdA

Read the chat feed under that CNN live feed.
    You will despair for humanity.

It seems kind of telling that right now there's a killer who has supposedly executed 13 people one of which was broadcasted live, is still on the run, with practically an entire city at risk, & there's little or nothing about it.

Had the guy been Muslim, however...

Watched the video and it has to be one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. The sheer nonchalance as he announced what he'll do, left his car and walked over to the guy, shot him, and then walked away. Some news site had an interview with the victim's family. Can you imagine being them and knowing that your family member was executed in such a way? And to have it broadcast.

Livestreaming, while great, has opened up an extremely scary can of worms. I believe it isn't the first time someone has been killed (or at least shot) while doing it. And not to mention the guys who kidnapped and tortured that mentally challenged individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

It seems kind of telling that right now there's a killer who has supposedly executed 13 people one of which was broadcasted live, is still on the run, with practically an entire city at risk, & there's little or nothing about it.

Had the guy been Muslim, however...

The PC police have arrived.

If he had been Muslim it may be a case where people would have legitimate gripes about whether he should have been allowed into the country. The Somali Minnesota knife attacker, the Somali Ohio attacker, the Afghan NY/ NJ bomber, the wife in the San Bernardino shootings, the list goes on.

With him being a born and bred yank there's little they could do. The right to bear arms is a moot point on this- the US is so awash with guns it would be decades before any gun ban would have realistic effects (e.g. when the unsurrendered guns become unusable after a few decades)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Accorrding to one site it just the name he use online,not real surname

The cops have ruled out O.J. Simpson...(they seem to know where he is) :D

Still, I think this is some sort of Advertising gimmick ala Jim Figgerty or the Milk Tray 'burglar.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,378 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So now the once urban legend of snuff videos has become common enough and easy enough to find of social media from beheadings to live shooting held on Facebook live and people now click on links to see it.

I haven't and don't feel the need to view or click on such links when they pop up on social media but it's crazy how desensitized the populations of the world as a whole are becoming to such things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not his biggest fan but bit of a stretch pinning this one on Donald.
    First American president in a long time to talk at an NRA rally, the NRA being the same gang of lads that after Columbine held a rally nearby about how any guns would have to be taken from their "cold, dead hands".

The problem and blame lies with that crowd, second amendment advocates, poor background checks/regulation, and poor mental health provisions. All of those fit Trump to a tee by are also central tenants of more or less the entire republican party, and we can expect this type of thing to get worse again over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Does anyone remember in the ..I can't recall if it was primary or secondary school English textbook, a very chilling excerpt/short story about the rise of reality television and the push towards more extreme "entertainment"? It ended up as basically a sort of Survivor/Hunger Games scenario with deaths broadcast. This would be a good few years ago now, probably about fifteen-twenty years.

I can't help but be reminded of the very unpleasant story when hearing about live-feed killings and some of the absolute dregs of humanity that treat it like some sort of game in comments under these feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Billy86 wrote: »
    First American president in a long time to talk at an NRA rally, the NRA being the same gang of lads that after Columbine held a rally nearby about how any guns would have to be taken from their "cold, dead hands".

The problem and blame lies with that crowd, second amendment advocates, poor background checks/regulation, and poor mental health provisions. All of those fit Trump to a tee by are also central tenants of more or less the entire republican party, and we can expect this type of thing to get worse again over the next few years.

This thread & this incident have nothing to do with Donald Trump. I know certain people are so ****ing obsessed with the reality tv show that was the US election that they seem incapable of posting about anything else in any thread, with an us vs them slant('us' being a political party in a country thousands of miles away).

So why not take your Michael Moore dodgily-edited documentary argument about Trump and dump it in a Trump black hole thread where it belongs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Do you curse the Donald when you stub your toe?

This thread & this incident have nothing to do with Donald Trump. I know certain people are so ****ing obsessed with the reality tv show that was the US election that they seem incapable of posting about anything else in any thread, with an us vs them slant('us' being a political party in a country thousands of miles away).

So why not take your Michael Moore dodgily-edited documentary argument about Trump and dump it in a Trump black hole thread where it belongs?

It wasn't me that brought up Trump - and I explicitly pointed out that I was referring to the Republican party as a whole. But don't let any of that get in your way there.

This Steve Stevens guy seems have more than a few screws loose to be doing what he is doing, and the fact is that pushing to make guns as readily available as possible which the NRA are big fans of, with plenty of loopholes around regulations, while attempting to defund health care that includes mental health, is not going to do anything but make on the edge more likely to go off of it... yet these are all Republican platforms that Trump has also embraced. If you wish to argue with either of those points, feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It wasn't me that brought up Trump - and I explicitly pointed out that I was referring to the Republican party as a whole. But don't let any of that get in your way there.

This Steve Stevens guy seems have more than a few screws loose to be doing what he is doing, and the fact is that pushing to make guns as readily available as possible which the NRA are big fans of, with plenty of loopholes around regulations, while attempting to defund health care that includes mental health, is not going to do anything but make on the edge more likely to go off of it... yet these are all Republican platforms that Trump has also embraced. If you wish to argue with either of those points, feel free.

So your argument the National Rifle Association likes to sell guns, well spotted, and that healthcare includes mental health, and because Republicans were against Obamacare they are responsible for this incident?

It wouldn't have happened in Hillary had won right?

Let's just forget that this man works at a Behavioral Health Agency, so would have had access to help if that's what he wanted.

In fact let's forget about him completely, let's not even spell his name correctly, because he's not important. What's important is that Republicans are evil and Trump is their leader.

Like i said take your schoolboy reasoning and bang heads with all the other morons in the Trump threads.

So your argument the National Rifle Association likes to sell guns, well spotted, and that healthcare includes mental health, and because Republicans were against Obamacare they are responsible for this incident?

It wouldn't have happened in Hillary had won right?

Let's just forget that this man works at a Behavioral Health Agency, so would have had access to help if that's what he wanted.

In fact let's forget about him completely, let's not even spell his name correctly, because he's not important. What's important is that Republicans are evil and Trump is their leader.

Like i said take your schoolboy reasoning and bang heads with all the other morons in the Trump threads.
    You're still going on as if I said Trump was to blame for this incident? My point is that we can expect more than previously of it if he and the GOP gets their healthcare agenda through.

Unless you think less health provisions and more, easy access to guns will help the situation, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I just watched the video of that poor man getting brutally murdered for absolutely nothing,

Hope Steve Stevens gets caught & not killed, that's to easy.

just put away for ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

Not to be insensitive to the victim, but a black man killing another black in America is hardly big news is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Potkettle

Not to be insensitive to the victim, but a black man killing another black in America is hardly big news is it?

Statistically probably not, morally probably should be as big as any other, socially yes because of the live streaming and the implications of that.

• Advertisement

It's a scumbag murdering a random innocent senior citizen in cold blood on the street and streaming it live on Facebook. If you saw the video (I'm sorry that I did) you'll feel the gravitas of it. It's horrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

Just watched the video. Yeah it's sad but such life in America. 500 brothers were killed in Chicago last year.

I don't agree with such is life. The victim here is an elderly terrified innocent grandfather. He's not some scumbag caught up in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I think the fact that he took a selfie and posted the act makes it unusual.
    I wonder did someone have to report it to facebuke before they took it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

How has this lad not been caught yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Just watched the video. Yeah it's sad but such life in America. 500 brothers were killed in Chicago last year.

Jebus you have a big family

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Shooter Steve Stephens has committed suicide after a police chase earlier ,

Rot in hell scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Gatling wrote: »
    Shooter Steve Stephens has committed suicide after a police chase earlier ,

Rot in hell scumbag

would have preferred to see him in front of a jury, he took the easy way out the toe rag

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

silverharp wrote: »
    would have preferred to see him in front of a jury, he took the easy way out the toe rag

Totally agree ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

500 brothers were killed in Chicago last year.

Big family...

Advertisement