Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

projected 1 million passport applications in/during 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

dav3 wrote: »
    What numbers? You're talking about potentially 1 million passports issued this year.

It's only April, are you asking me to travel into the future to see what the figure will be?

No, mr. slippery, I'm talking about the numbers that you stated were THERE, on the link YOU provided. That I apparently CANT comprehend :)

Cant own that you made a balls of it?

Peregrine wrote: »
    FFS, read the damn page. It tells you the total number of applications and how many of that was issued outside Ireland in the previous four years.

I don't think so. But again, here is a great opportunity for you to prove that I'm an eejit. Surely you cant pass it up, the same way the other guy is trying to slip out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

pangbang wrote: »
    Did you get the numbers that I cant comprehend off the link you provided yet?

Brexit = not in the EU. Hence those people have to move within the EU. Do you dispute that most of them WONT move to Ireland?

Jesus. They are dual national UK and Irish. It's really not hard to understand. A person born of an Irish parent in England is both Irish and U.K. National, a person born in NI is both UK and Irish. Many dual nationals in both Ireland and U.K. Only bothered to get one passport as no difference and the extra cost not worth it. Now it's worth having 2 passports.

I don't think so. But again, here is a great opportunity for you to prove that I'm an eejit. Surely you cant pass it up, the same way the other guy is trying to slip out of it?

What is your problem with Irish citizens applying for an Irish passport. Remember an Irish citizen does not need an Irish passport to move to and reside in Ireland in fact it's a lot cheaper just to get a stamp 6 placed in their other passport. So why would a person who has the right to both a U.K. Passport and Irish passport get both, when neither is required to live and reside in Ireland or the UK. Think it through.

Jesus. They are dual national UK and Irish. It's really not hard to understand. A person born of an Irish parent in England is both Irish and U.K. National, a person born in NI is both UK and Irish. Many dual nationals in both Ireland and U.K. Only bothered to get one passport as no difference and the extra cost not worth it. Now it's worth having 2 passports.

Look, I'm not picking a fight with you at all. Its the other two claiming stuff out of their hole.

I can agree with you qualitatively. But I still say the same thing....why are these people applying for passports unless theres at least SOME intention to move here?

If they aren't moving here, no need for a passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

No, mr. slippery, I'm talking about the numbers that you stated were THERE, on the link YOU provided. That I apparently CANT comprehend :)

Cant own that you made a balls of it?

Have you looked at the link? It's not that difficult to understand.

The newspapers and media were wrong to mention 1 million applications, they should have said 1 million issued (some actually did), they obviously didn't think some people would be so monumentally stupid to think they were talking about new applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I think anyone with a grandparent born during british Rule here should apply for a british passport just to get our own back, my granda was born a british citizen even though he fought against the brits in the war of independence, but wouldn't it be typical Irish to just beat them at their own game

21/25

What is your problem with Irish citizens applying for an Irish passport. Remember an Irish citizen does not need an Irish passport to move to and reside in Ireland in fact it's a lot cheaper just to get a stamp 6 placed in their other passport. So why would a person who has the right to both a U.K. Passport and Irish passport get both, when neither is required to live and reside in Ireland or the UK. Think it through.

Well its a catch 22 really....I don't have a problem with irish people applying for passports. I do have a problem with immigration, considering the "fragile" state of the country (and that's optimistic). In a country with insufficient housing, you can have immigrants, or returning Irish. But both? Where do they go?

Look, I'm not picking a fight with you at all. Its the other two claiming stuff out of their hole.

I can agree with you qualitatively. But I still say the same thing....why are these people applying for passports unless theres at least SOME intention to move here?

If they aren't moving here, no need for a passport.

Because they don't need to apply for an Irish passport to move here they have every right to move here as it is. You are misunderstanding citizenship and having a passport.

An Irish Citizen who also has a US passport does not need a Irish Passort to move back to Ireland he just moves if he wants too he can apply for his Irish passport he can just get a stamp 6 in his USA passport or he can not get an Irish passport as you as an Irish citizen do not need a Irish passport to live and reside in Ireland.

dav3 wrote: »
    Have you looked at the link? It's not that difficult to understand.

The newspapers and media were wrong to mention 1 million applications, they should have said 1 million issued (some actually did), they obviously didn't think some people would be so monumentally stupid to think they were talking about new applications.

Holy ****....youre something else. Just disappear and say nothing. Better than saying "its all there! Its all there! No seriously its all there!.....I'll keep repeating this without actually looking to see that they ARENT there!"

Go home and be a family man :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Well its a catch 22 really....I don't have a problem with irish people applying for passports. I do have a problem with immigration, considering the "fragile" state of the country (and that's optimistic). In a country with insufficient housing, you can have immigrants, or returning Irish. But both? Where do they go?

What has immigration got to do with Irish citizens renewing their passports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

hqdefault.jpg

But getting a Irish passport is not required for a Irish citizen to live in Ireland. If you can't tell the difference there is no helping you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You're asking for evidence for things that can be deduced from your own link. When given another link, you say it's not there. You're just trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement