Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 - the real truth

Options
  • 15-04-2017 9:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

I don't understand all these conspiracy theories.

The real truth of 9/11 was, 4 hijacked aircraft were flown into the WTC, Pentagon and a Pennsylvanian field.

That is the truth.

What makes people think different?

Is it just because of the shock of it all?

Could something like it ever happen again?

What are the most common conspiracy theories?

Is there any proof?

The bottom line, they are all UNTRUE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I love you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

And in other news I did the mother of all farts this morning. Guess a dinner of refried beans and sauerkraut with a 6 pack of Guinness really does mess with the aul gullet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its was the LIZARD PEOPLE. Dont believe the FAKE NEWS. Mass Media is all LIES.

etc. etc. etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Dubh Linn

I'm simply asking a question - why are there so many conspiracy theories?

Is there any proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Dubh Linn wrote: »

Is there any proof?

Your going well kidd :D

• Advertisement

Can somebody answer my question? This is by far the most pathetic conspiracy theory I've ever come across.

It was al-Qaeda, nobody else!

So why do people come up with these unfounded theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

You'll find the truth all in its own subforum....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1489

Have fun!

Muppet man

I still don't get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I still don't get it...

I
    Have
    Confused

I still don't get it...

Open your mind man. Release yourself from the shackles of the Illuminati controlled media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    And in other news I did the mother of all farts this morning. Guess a dinner of refried beans and sauerkraut with a 6 pack of Guinness really does mess with the aul gullet

You fart through your throat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I still don't get it...

Doesn't say anywhere that you have to.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You fart through your throat?

This thread is full of confessions

Is there any proof?
    Can somebody answer my question? This is by far the most pathetic conspiracy theory I've ever come across.

It was al-Qaeda, nobody else!

So why do people come up with these unfounded theories?
    I still don't get it...

Everybody knows it was Mossad with the help of Sinn Fein & some auld bloke on the dole here who was living with a separated mother of 11 & working at the same time , We all know there involved as were MI19 & some arab that sells dodgy camels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

How do you know the truth? you can't even get the date right. Happened on 11/9

Two 767s, two 757s, operated by AA and UA, which is in hot water at the mo anyway, crashed into four locations killing thousands. That's the real truth.

Two 767s, two 757s, operated by AA and UA, which is in hot water at the mo anyway, crashed into four locations killing thousands. That's the real truth.

Are you trying to say hot water brought down them planes :confused:

Are you trying to say hot water brought down them planes :confused:
    Have you not heard of the man being dragged off the United flight?

Anyway, I thought that B767-200's were quite small planes that could cause a lot of damage.

They were just 767s for God's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It was retaliation for Wrestlmania 7.
    Know your history sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Free your mind and your ass will follow

The kingdom of heaven is within

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

It was the Jews wot did it. Conspiracy theorists generally blame them for everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

First iv'e heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Huh, I was just mulling over a similar post about why do people believe such ridiculous stuff in the face of all available evidence. I was looking at it from a climate change point of view, but it works as well for 9/11, Sandy Hook, vaccinations, evolution, etc. It was the same thirty, forty years ago for smoking and probably the ozone layer.

There are patterns, if you'll excuse my going on a wider viewpoint of all of these "contentious" subjects. They're roughly split in two, science-based [evolution, vaccination, climate change, smoking] and non-science/social/political [9/11, Sandy Hook, anything being called a "false flag".

Frankly, the science-based ones interest me more, but the political ones are more relevant to the topic. Two driving factors work across both - people don't want to believe it (that something like Sandy Hook or 9/11 could hurt ordinary people like them, that sometimes, no matter what precautions you take or how good a parent or person you are, bad stuff can happen to you and your family) and people in positions of influence lie (which has reached a peak with an outpouring of "fake news"). And as we've all seen in the last year or so, confirmation bias is strong, we prefer to believe what we read if we agree with it.

Eventually, it does have to lead to a very stretched view of reality and a glorious ability to ignore logic and the huge organisational difficulties of producing X effect with no-one blowing a whistle on it.

Of course, it's pretty important to acknowledge that we all have unfounded beliefs and ridiculous foibles that do not stand up to the reality of the situation - I have a totally unreasonable phobia of crabs, jellyfish and scorpions, ignoring that I've never encountered any scorpions and crabs have never harmed me. Others are absolutely convinced of every word of their religious texts. Other phobias, half-remembered lessons from school that were taken up wrong, etcetera.

It is also just possible that a push towards individualism in western nations has something to do with it too. It went through "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and has, the last few years, settled firmly into "everyone has the right to their own facts". Everyone does have the right to their own opinion, sure, but is it so much to ask that legislation is written on the basis of objective facts rather than opinions?

I suppose certain facts like the hijackers passports surviving a crash that had the intensity to bring down a skyscraper with slightly charred edges and there being no actual undisputable visual footage of a plane hitting the pentagon despite it being one of the most surveyed buildings in the world gives credence to such theories existing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Look some people on the internet said that jet fuel couldn't melt steel or something like that therefore it was a controlled demolition. What's not to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Samaris wrote: »
    Huh, I was just mulling over a similar post about why do people believe such ridiculous stuff in the face of all available evidence. I was looking at it from a climate change point of view, but it works as well for 9/11, Sandy Hook, vaccinations, evolution, etc. It was the same thirty, forty years ago for smoking and probably the ozone layer.

There are patterns, if you'll excuse my going on a wider viewpoint of all of these "contentious" subjects. They're roughly split in two, science-based [evolution, vaccination, climate change, smoking] and non-science/social/political [9/11, Sandy Hook, anything being called a "false flag".

Frankly, the science-based ones interest me more, but the political ones are more relevant to the topic. Two driving factors work across both - people don't want to believe it (that something like Sandy Hook or 9/11 could hurt ordinary people like them, that sometimes, no matter what precautions you take or how good a parent or person you are, bad stuff can happen to you and your family) and people in positions of influence lie (which has reached a peak with an outpouring of "fake news"). And as we've all seen in the last year or so, confirmation bias is strong, we prefer to believe what we read if we agree with it.

Eventually, it does have to lead to a very stretched view of reality and a glorious ability to ignore logic and the huge organisational difficulties of producing X effect with no-one blowing a whistle on it.

Of course, it's pretty important to acknowledge that we all have unfounded beliefs and ridiculous foibles that do not stand up to the reality of the situation - I have a totally unreasonable phobia of crabs, jellyfish and scorpions, ignoring that I've never encountered any scorpions and crabs have never harmed me. Others are absolutely convinced of every word of their religious texts. Other phobias, half-remembered lessons from school that were taken up wrong, etcetera.

It is also just possible that a push towards individualism in western nations has something to do with it too. It went through "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and has, the last few years, settled firmly into "everyone has the right to their own facts". Everyone does have the right to their own opinion, sure, but is it so much to ask that legislation is written on the basis of objective facts rather than opinions?

If I rearrange the letters in your name , I come up with the word "airmass".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hey op. 2002 called, they want their thread back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

If I rearrange the letters in your name , I come up with the word "airmass".

Damn, aerofoiled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I find the pentagon one strange.

The white house is not too far from the Pentagon. It's genuinely about 30 to 60 seconds away on a jet plane.

It sticks out like a sore thumb and has a massive open area in front of it, how it would be visible on a clear day (of which it was).

Why on earth did they go for the Pentagon and not the white house? I know the pentagon is probably strategically more important but The White House would have been bigger. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement