Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy O Reilly Sexual Harassment Scandal in Fox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Luggnuts wrote: »
    The same people who defend O'Reilly and demand that the allegations be proven are the ones who flat-out say that Assange is a rapist even though Assange's alleged victims insist no rape ever took place.

Not in my case. I'd say that O'Reilly is innocent until proven guilty and I'd say the same about Assange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

He's a nutjob :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Somedude9 wrote: »
    He's a nutjob :D

Jaysus, there is a bit of the Patrick Bateman in there. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Did not see that one coming. I'm guessing the sponsors spoke.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im sure The Donald will give him a job as an adviser :D

Did not see that one coming.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what the woman who spoke to him on the phone while he masturbated said too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Funnily enough, that's exactly what the woman who spoke to him on the phone while he masturbated said too.

Ashamed to say yhat made me lol...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He'll move to CNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

He is 67 he will probably just retire

• Advertisement

Great to see that rightwing thug finally get his comeuppance. A bully and a sanctimonious hypocrite like all his class.

And how apt that Trump is supporting him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tucker Carlson gets his prime time spot

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kavanada

Feckin idiot. How on earth did he not know what 'Play us out' means?! He thought his colleagues were taking the piss or something.

I hate the way the States build up these characters into 'News Anchors' where their opinions count. Just read the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I always got the impression Bill O Reilly was just playing a character and people bought in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

red ears wrote: »
    He is 67 he will probably just retire

Not a chance, some fringe right wing media outlet will pay him HUGE money as their gateway to something resembling the mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Looking at his facebook page it's literally full of people (even women) saying they won't watch Fox anymore and they fully support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think he probably deserves to be fired for many things, even being a weirdo in this case but I'm struggling to see anything he did that is worth $13 million.

He asked one woman if she wanted to go to his hotel room and she declined. Then she didn't get a job at Fox. Is there more evidence to that or what?

I think if he wasn't a well known TV personality then no allegations would be made and these women wouldn't be chasing money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Some of the woman were sworn to silence with the payouts, there was a report in the NYTs he kept ringing one of them while jacking off on the phone. His books are great tbh, huge loss to Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Looking at his facebook page it's literally full of people (even women) saying they won't watch Fox anymore and they fully support him.

Probably same women who want Trump to grab them by thier pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

He is a horrible ****.

If you have the time you should watch his interview with Bill Clinton, he tried to ambush him and Clinton was well able for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Luggnuts wrote: »
    The same people who defend O'Reilly and demand that the allegations be proven are the ones who flat-out say that Assange is a rapist even though Assange's alleged victims insist no rape ever took place.

Assange I have no opinion about as while I think the man has slightly lost his grip on reality through isolation and exile, I know very little about the allegation against him and why Sweden wants him. Bit too much smoke around O'Reilly though and that Fox actually got rid of him in an era where just brazening it out frankly -works- suggests there was something that they saw was a total liability.

I think he probably deserves to be fired for many things, even being a weirdo in this case but I'm struggling to see anything he did that is worth $13 million.

He asked one woman if she wanted to go to his hotel room and she declined. Then she didn't get a job at Fox. Is there more evidence to that or what?

I think if he wasn't a well known TV personality then no allegations would be made and these women wouldn't be chasing money.

Uhm. Are you sure you don't want to reread that line and think about it for a few moments? So this woman was going for a job at Fox, and the leading light of Fox, apparently involved in some way in her potential hiring, invited her to his room? Can you see anything appropriate in that at all? If you went to a job interview and were given the impression that sleeping with the interviewer (or a top star at the company) was the way to get the job, you'd be okay with that choice being implicitly presented to you? You refuse and don't get the job. This is all..uh..not how job interviews are supposed to work.

Why is it that your automatic impression is that the women are lying -while- giving credence to a rather disgusting story and implying that that's in any way normal? It's possible you were just saying that you don't believe it, just the way it was written implied that the first bit you wrote was, in your opinion, true, but somehow not that bad.

On a bit of a side-note, is it just that I keep seeing them, or does Fox only employ gorgeous blonde women? I have great difficulty telling them all apart. It's possible there's only one of them and she keeps changing her hairstyle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Uhm. Are you sure you don't want to reread that line and think about it for a few moments? So this woman was going for a job at Fox, and the leading light of Fox, apparently involved in some way in her potential hiring, invited her to his room? Can you see anything appropriate in that at all? If you went to a job interview and were given the impression that sleeping with the interviewer (or a top star at the company) was the way to get the job, you'd be okay with that choice being implicitly presented to you? You refuse and don't get the job. This is all..uh..not how job interviews are supposed to work.

Why is it that your automatic impression is that the women are lying -while- giving credence to a rather disgusting story and implying that that's in any way normal? It's possible you were just saying that you don't believe it, just the way it was written implied that the first bit you wrote was, in your opinion, true, but somehow not that bad.

On a bit of a side-note, is it just that I keep seeing them, or does Fox only employ gorgeous blonde women? I have great difficulty telling them all apart. It's possible there's only one of them and she keeps changing her hairstyle though.[/quote]

I didn't suggest that the women were lying. I did say that what I have seen reported is not worth $13m and allegations probably wouldn't have been made if he wasn't a high profile individual.

Those women probably knew what they alleged wouldn't be proven in court but that Fox News and O'Reilly would pay to avoid the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A good old-fashioned shake-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Shemale wrote: »
    He is a horrible ****.

If you have the time you should watch his interview with Bill Clinton, he tried to ambush him and Clinton was well able for him.

That's not a surprise. Bill Clinton is a smart man. Anyone with a bit of brain power was well able for the obnoxious loudmouth. When he was losing an argument, he would tend to shout over the interviewee, or in the case of Dawkins spout some gibberish about the tide goes in, the tide goes out, Ergo God exists. Discussion over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gretchen Carlson got paid $20 million by Fox last year after she accused the chairman Roger Ailes of sexually harassing her and firing her from her program after she refused his sexual advances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Great opportunity for Faux News to bring back the legend that is Glenn Beck. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Rupert , apparently was going to stand by Bill, but the sons changed his mind.
    They might have been thinking about the 14 billion deal to buy sky outright

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Great opportunity for Faux News to bring back the legend that is Glenn Beck. :pac:

He has been interviewed a few times on CNN, and without the hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Zebra3 wrote: »

Beck has the Tomi Lahren nonsense with him sadly. I would love to see him come back and do this show again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4xqnukQrM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I didn't suggest that the women were lying. I did say that what I have seen reported is not worth $13m and allegations probably wouldn't have been made if he wasn't a high profile individual.

Those women probably knew what they alleged wouldn't be proven in court but that Fox News and O'Reilly would pay to avoid the publicity.

Aighto. The next time your career opportunities are dashed or damaged because you don't want to sleep with someone to get in, I'm sure you'll remember that it's not worth suing and he's too rich and powerful to sue anyway. Sure, people'll only think you're some sort of gold-digger if you dare to object publicly or through the courts. (btw, the 13M wasn't all to one person, it was several cases of his being sued for this sort of thing).

They should really just sit down and shut up. If they're not willing to trade sex for career, they shouldn't stand in the way of the kind offers this man may make to other women in the future.

Advertisement