Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy O Reilly Sexual Harassment Scandal in Fox

Options
  • 12-04-2017 3:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Just Heard on the News Bill O Reilly Sexual Harassment Scandal in Fox King Of Cable in the USA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Suppose Bill Didnt 'factor' that in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Donald says he is a nice guy. Must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just Heard on the News Bill O Reilly Sexual Harassment Scandal in Fox King Of Cable in the USA?

I cannot figure out this sentence.

I keep reading it but I just don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.amny.com/news/bill-o-reilly-sexual-harassment-scandal-explained-1.13367681
    More than a week after revelations emerged that Fox News and host Bill O’Reilly paid five women to settle sexual harassment claims, 21st Century Fox has asked a law firm to investigate at least one of the allegations.
    The news comes as a number of major companies have pulled advertising from "The O’Reilly Factor."
    Although O’Reilly, 67, insists the allegations are baseless and that he was targeted because of his fame, many have called for Fox to fire him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Winterlong wrote: »
    Donald says he is a nice guy. Must be true.
    Great Pst:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

what did he do or say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

DrumSteve wrote: »

If you take a deep breath and read it really quickly it makes sense.

You've got to shorten the wavelength, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You wouldn't get that from the likes of Pat Kenny! Sure he nearly melted into a puddle when he had to interview Pamela Anderson.

biko wrote: »
    Five Women had been given sums of money totaling $13million by either fox news or 0 Reilly why would you give women money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Great Pst:D:)

Nearly as articulate as the OP. ;)

• Advertisement

He's been in the frame for this before, I saw a thing on TV about a scandal in 2002 (I think), and the things he admitted to were insane. He even admitted saying that any woman who spoke up about him would wish she was never born. That was 15 years ago, separate to the ongoing scandal.

He's a vile man with what the Washington Post called a 'tenuous attachment to facts' even if it's all unfounded. He lied about and exaggerated his coverage of the Falklands War, turning himself into a journalistic hero, when he was pretty much the opposite.

He also thinks God controls the tides - because there's no other explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

One of the things that get me about these kind of scandals is the sponsors pulling out. As if those multinational corporations are the bastions of honor and integrity. They start pointing fingers while doing their best to profit at any cost.

Then he other media stations act like they're morally clean and the rest are scum when they're all the same profiteering gossip merchants. One of the worst things Trump ever did was make CNN look like a credible media company.

Five Women had been given sums of money totaling $13million by either fox news or 0 Reilly why would you give women money?

Why do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

DrumSteve wrote: »

Like pretty much everything 'please helpThank YOU' writes, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The man is undoubtedly an ass-hat, but he doesn't deserve to be destroyed by allegations.

Arghus wrote: »
    The man is undoubtedly an ass-hat, but he doesn't deserve to be destroyed by allegations.

Not even if they're true?

Candie wrote: »
    Not even if they're true?

That's the thing about allegations: we don't know if they are true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He doesn't seem to be too keen to let them go to court.

I hope it goes to court at some point.

That way he'll either be cleared or the many women that have been paid off over the years will be cleared of the suspicion of opportunism.

He doesn't seem to be too keen to let them go to court.

That isn't quite an admission of guilt to be fair.

Edit: I can think of numerous reasons why someone with a high media profile may not want to go to court, especially when potentially embarassing details of their sex life may come up. Even if they feel they might win their case, the reputational damage it might cause could make it a very pyrric victory in the long run.

That's not to say I like Bill O' Reilly, but just because he doesn't want to go to court doesn't automatically make him guilty.

• Advertisement

You are 100 per cent right what you say. and if he is Innocent the Truth will always Prevail . allegation is one thing. but this what people will say why did he give Money? its like Michael Jackson payout Money you better off going to court and proven your Innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NeonSquares

I smell a cushty White House position in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I smell a cushty White House position in the works.

Absoultely. The last Conservative media nutjob to be "plagued" by sexual harassment accusations was rewarded with the Presidency.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Absoultely. The last Conservative media nutjob to be "plagued" by sexual harassment accusations was rewarded with the Presidency.
    True:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You are 100 per cent right what you say. and if he is Innocent the Truth will always Prevail . allegation is one thing. but this what people will say why did he give Money? its like Michael Jackson payout Money you better off going to court and proven your Innocent.

And there we have it!!! I was waiting. Sorry OP but you're driving me mad with constantly throwing out questions like this, waiting for someone to say innocent until proven guilty and then jumping up and own for joy.

We get it. You were accused of something.

pilly wrote: »
    And there we have it!!! I was waiting. Sorry OP but you're driving me mad with constantly throwing out questions like this, waiting for someone to say innocent until proven guilty and then jumping up and own for joy.

We get it. You were accused of something.
    I Said About paying Money Looks Bad. Not The Not the Allegation any Fruit Cake Can Make Allegation even About You our Any Member Of Your Family our any One you Love for a matter of fact .

I Said About paying Money Looks Bad. Not The Not the Allegation any Fruit Cake Can Make Allegation even About You our Any Member Of Your Family our any One you Love for a matter of fact .

I KNOW BECAUSE YOU KEEP TELLING US.

You actually didn't read or understand what I said did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's very optimistic. Very few people emerge totally "innocent" after a sexual harassment accusation - even if they clear themselves in court.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Luggnuts

The same people who defend O'Reilly and demand that the allegations be proven are the ones who flat-out say that Assange is a rapist even though Assange's alleged victims insist no rape ever took place.

O 'Reilly is a complete and utter liar and hypocrite and much like many conservative characters he preaches one thing for others whilst completely going against this credo himself. He thunders on about family values while (allegedly) sexually bullying female staff and makes lewd phonecalls to them. Wasn't he exposed admitting to an intern that he was on the phone with that he was masturbating himself with a loofah while talking to her? Just like Limbaugh who insisted everyone caught with a spliff should be banged up yet when he was exposed as addicted to Oxycontin then all of a sudden he was in favour of treatment.

Creepy.

Advertisement