Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone here taken ayahuasca?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Tigger wrote: »
    Are you being on purpose ?

NO SPECULATION! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Donne wrote: »
    How does it compare to an LSD tab or two?
    I don't know as never had LSD.
    If you haven't tripped before taking ayahuasca in a foreign country is throwing yourself in at the deep end...

You're telling me!
    Wow. Completely different to what I had. We. Smoked the caapi through a bong and I did it in the comfort of my home. No puking but visuals as described. Must be different to what OP is enquiring (despite being DMT).

Edit had to check and Changa is what we had. Not done in years but recommended for the ultimate trip.

Yeah you hear a lot of different things. I was chatting to a friend who did it in Costa Rica few weeks ago and her experience sounded much worse than mine. Much more paranoid. It obviously depends on exactly what is contained in the substance.

Something I don't think I gave a good idea above is how the ceremony, the surroundings etc dictate how you feel. So to get where I did it I had to get 90 minute boat ride from Iquitos, city I mentioned above, and from there it's a 20-25 minute walk to the place which is just a building you sleep in and a "temple" that the guy running everything was still building. We were in the middle of absolutely freaking nowhere so stars are clear in the sky, all you hear is insects and it is completely dark, stars aside. Also throughout the ceremony the shamans are singing and playing music so the whole ceremony is not just ayahuasca. It's very atmospheric which heightens everything.

In Iquitos you could buy San Pedro and while I never tried it it's a much more mild mannered version from talking to others. It's DMT but it doesn't cause you to puke up and generally more relaxed easy going feel to it I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

cooker3 wrote:
    In Iquitos you could buy San Pedro and while I never tried it it's a much more mild mannered version from talking to others. It's DMT but it doesn't cause you to puke up and generally more relaxed easy going feel to it I believe.

San Pedro is mescaline, not DMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Billy86 wrote: »
    I haven't, but having seen what I've seen in terms of people puking their hole everywhere I'd say save yourself the bother and go for straight DMT if you want a super-powered hallucinogen.

DMT and ayauascha are the same thing, essentially. DMT is smoked, but can not be swallowed because the stomach acid destroys it on contact. How Ayahuasca differs specifcially (MAOI inhibitors, I beleive) I'm not sure about, but the idea is that the DMT in it has time to act.

OP - There are ayahuasca retreats all over Europe if this is the sole purpose of the journey. You should really be in the safe and reasonably comfrotable surroundings for your first trip of any sort, and have knowledgeable friends to sit in (may or may not be possible on the actual physcial trip).

Good luck!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I had Smithwicks once if that helps. Loads of it. I was off my gourd for close to 5 hours and had visions of death. I can't even pronounce the stuff you want to take, let alone give an opinion on it, but I can say, without a shadow of doubt, that Smithwicks is bad. Very bad. You could try starting out with Smithwicks and working your way up to the foreign stuff? Just my 2c.

• Advertisement
Advertisement