Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Stander Up and Fight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Guess Who's Back, Back Again? JJ's Back, Tell a Friend
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    "Stander Up and Fight" is too easy?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    This is an outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind
    Rigged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Stander Up and Fight
    I liked the psycho killer one....Fecked if I can remember what I actually voted for though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind
    Erik Shin wrote: »
    I liked the psycho killer one....Fecked if I can remember what I actually voted for though

It should be in italics in the poll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Stander Up and Fight
    It should be in italics in the poll

Always on my phone, so it won't show up...
    I think i voted for PoM

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM
    You have all made my list of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Ligind all the way
    😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I voted Ligind to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

John Hayes Ligind
    Your welcome Munster
    Apologies to the Ligindarians

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Excuuuuuse me?!

Zzippy wrote: »
    Excuuuuuse me?!

You voted John Hayes Ligind, indeed. Yet you did not use your mod influence to threaten bans for those that did not vote John Hayes Ligind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You voted John Hayes Ligind, indeed. Yet you did not use your mod influence to threaten bans for those that did not vote John Hayes Ligind.

You assume I have any influence over the Munster forum posters! :D:D:D

It looks like 8 points will guarantee a top 2 spot. The first tiebreak for equal points is number of wins and Munster currently have 16 wins to Ospreys' 13. In any case Ospreys' run is difficult: Cardiff (N), Ulster (H) and Scarlets (A). I can't see them winning all three. Hopefully Munster will have the Top 2 wrapped up following the trip to Treviso.

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    It looks like 8 points will guarantee a top 2 spot. The first tiebreak for equal points is number of wins and Munster currently have 16 wins to Ospreys' 13. In any case Ospreys' run is difficult: Cardiff (N), Ulster (H) and Scarlets (A). I can't see them winning all three. Hopefully Munster will have the Top 2 wrapped up following the trip to Treviso.

Ospreys season is circling the drain at the moment. I can see them struggling again this coming weekend against Cardiff who are hitting a little bit of form by their standards.

Ospreys are already without some big players and I can see them losing Biggar for this weekend after the PR mess that has been created.

Buer wrote: »
    Ospreys season is circling the drain at the moment. I can see them struggling again this coming weekend against Cardiff who are hitting a little bit of form by their standards.

Ospreys are already without some big players and I can see them losing Biggar for this weekend after the PR mess that has been created.

Yeah it's very worst case scenario that Munster will need 8 points. I still think Ospreys will qualify for the playoffs. Ulster's prospects may depend on Leinster's progress in Europe. If Leinster send a strong team to Ravenspan they should win.

I assume Munster's team will be the strongest possible minus Murray and Bleyendaal. Confirmed concussion aside I think Bleyendaal was probably due to be rested anyway. We await news on Stander's injury but Deysel had a very good debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Return of the JJ
    Do ye think they will rest a few players for the Ulster game this weekend?

Yeah it's very worst case scenario that Munster will need 8 points. I still think Ospreys will qualify for the playoffs. Ulster's prospects may depend on Leinster's progress in Europe. If Leinster send a strong team to Ravenspan they should win.

I assume Munster's team will be the strongest possible minus Murray and Bleyendaal. Confirmed concussion aside I think Bleyendaal was probably due to be rested anyway. We await news on Stander's injury but Deysel had a very good debut.

Leinster could equally lose their next three games. Realistically the Clermont game is going to be the absolute focus so who knows what sort of a squad is going to Connacht. I still think we can beat them given their current form but we generally are poor the week before European knock out rugby so who knows.

Ulster are finding a bit of form and at home are always tough. And Glasgow had our number at the start of the season and will be chasing points.

I still think Munster are going to be comfortably top of the table by season end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

John Hayes Ligind

Has Murray been ruled out?

If he's fit, he surely has to play - otherwise he's going into the Saracens game with an untested injury and no game time in six weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

davo2001 wrote: »
    Do ye think they will rest a few players for the Ulster game this weekend?

We probably won't see Bleyendaal or Stander (and maybe not Murray), but other than that I'd expect to see the full team out this weekend seeing as he rested players last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,721 ✭✭✭✭phog

We probably won't see Bleyendaal or Stander (and maybe not Murray), but other than that I'd expect to see the full team out this weekend seeing as he rested players last weekend.

If Murray doesn't make Saturday then I'm not sure I'd start him v Saracens the following week.

Following Saturday’s hard fought win over Glasgow Warriors in Irish Independent Park, the squad reassembled in the High Performance Centre at UL this morning as preparations began for the visit of Ulster to Thomond Park this coming Saturday at 3pm.

Tyler Bleyendaal and Donnacha Ryan who both sustained concussions on Saturday night will follow return to play protocols this week with James Cronin requiring a scan for a knee injury sustained during the PRO12 encounter.

Conor Murray (shoulder) and CJ Stander (ankle) continue to be monitored by the medical team.

David Johnston was an early withdrawal for Garryowen due to a hip pointer in their win over Old Belvedere in the weekend’s AIL action, and won’t train this week.

Meanwhile, Ian Keatley is expected to take a full part in training at some stage this week.

Continuing to rehab – Jean Kleyn (neck), Dave Foley (wrist), Sean McCarthy (knee), Mike Sherry (back).

http://munsterrugby.ie/2017/04/10/squad-update-97/

No timeframe for Stander or Murray suggests to me they won't be back for Ulster. Hopefully Keatley can be available.

Fingers crossed for James Cronin.

http://munsterrugby.ie/2017/04/10/squad-update-97/

No timeframe for Stander or Murray suggests to me they won't be back for Ulster. Hopefully Keatley can be available

Realistically you would want them back training by the end of this weekend for them to be ready for Sarries. Stander isn't long out so can probably come back in with a late fitness test but Murray is cutting it fine now.

If Murray is 80% fit, he plays against Saracens. Williams has done well but this is a very different test and Saracens have a massive pack who really ask questions of the scrum half. They make sh*te of the ball and know when to flood rucks. Murray's physicality will be required to deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭espn091

Stander Up and Fight
    Anyone else think Cronin looks in poor shape?

espn091 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Cronin looks in poor shape?

He was just back from injury iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

John Hayes Ligind
    Slightly worrying seeing "Ryan" and "concussion" in the same sentence after last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

He was just back from injury iirc.

It was a finger injury though wasnt it? shouldnt have stopped doing cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

John Hayes Ligind
    Cronin has always carried that extra belly fat, could do with trimming a few kilos alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

budhabob wrote:
    It was a finger injury though wasnt it? shouldnt have stopped doing cardio.

A mate commented on his complete lack of neck as we watched last weeks game. Bulking ok but cardio might be the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement