Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizen to Malin (HeadToHead) FKT record attempt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Just saw this on the face book page - "Aghhhhh - Anyone near the maxol garage, Sligo road, Enniskillen??
    The van had just got a flat tyre. Richard following Roin on the bike. Taryn is struggling with getting the nuts off the alloys... anyone local??
    07970736408"

Anyone here from around those parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

Probably around 420km done now, a bit more than 100km to go. You know, "only" around 100km. Like I have done less than that in the last three weeks.

Enduro seems to be just keeping going - but the van got a puncture in Enniskillen. So, he's not a machine - he's just much more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Have been tracking all weekend - amazing feat (and feet). Nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Have been tracking all weekend - amazing feat (and feet). Nearly there.

Nearly there? Ah jaysus... my favourite phrase!! :-D

But really, he should break the record by a fair bit shouldn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

JohnDozer wrote:
    Nearly there? Ah jaysus... my favourite phrase!! :-D

....it's all relative! :)

• Advertisement

He seems to have taken a break this evening. Posting on Facebook just now says "On the move shortly folks!". I'm sure he is weary at this stage heading into his third night but I hope he is buoyed up by the prospect of finishing some time on Tuesday afternoon. No word of his body but he tends not to be affected by injuries. Fingers crossed. I'm rooting for him, in as much as I can, given that I am heading off to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Ed McGroarty

Ran Strabane,Derry, Muff (about 3.5hrs)with him, he's as strong as ever and in great spirits.

Ran Strabane,Derry, Muff (about 4.5hrs)with him, he's as strong as ever and in great spirits.

Well done Ed. As of now, the tracker shows about 30km left so it must be possible that Enduro will finish before noon. That would make it 3 days and four hours - 76 hours, a fabulous record. But I'm not going to tempt fate.

And imagine someone asking "what did you do for your weekend Eoin?". "Ah, sure I just ran the length of the country, and you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Some people run in Ireland: Enduro runs Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

He just passed me. not far to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,174 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just saw him outside Carndonagh while on the school run.

Seems in great spirits considering how far he's come. Must be a machine!

Not far to go now, it's a beautiful morning up here. I see from his route he's heading over the Black Mountain rather than taking lower Road to Malin Head. Fair play, that's tough in a car!

Very thoughtful of him to get finished early in the day. I might get a bit of work done.

DSC_0839_zpsccar1ghj.jpg

Enduro's on the left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mimi Anderson, the still current record holder has been cheering him on on Facebook and twitter all weekend. Reminds me what I always really enjoyed about ultrarunning - the support from others. Despite the fact he is likely to smash her record she's been supporting it all weekend.

Tracker seems to be on the blink a bit. Shame as we're coming up to the end. Looking forward to seeing the crew's video of the last few metres.......

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just saw him outside Carndonagh while on the school run.

Seems in great spirits considering how far he's come. Must be a machine!

Not far to go now, it's a beautiful morning up here. I see from his route he's heading over the Black Mountain rather than taking lower Road to Malin Head. Fair play, that's tough in a car!

I wonder have they changed plan looking at the tracker (which is back up again ;) )

Yip, looks like the lower Road ok.

Still will have plenty of hills to contend with, but I'd say missing out the mountain is a wise move.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Just a parkrun to go. Awesome stuff ...

I have the zoom down to 500 metres on the Tracker (while working).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Looking like less than 100 metres on my machine. edit: Nope, looks like he's just about finished, gone beyond the blue track to the head itself.

• Advertisement

Unclear where the official finishing point is but either way he will be finished by noon I think, if he hasn't already finished.

Congratulations Enduro. A tremendous feat and both runners and couch potatoes will rightly be in awe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

The tracker is showing that they've reached the little red dot the marks the finish but it's not giving a finish time yet - absolutely outstanding!

Edit finish time 11:47!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Incredible time.

A few of us here in work have been following it on the tracker for the last couple of days. Some achievement.

Well done sir ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Savage, just savage running.

Well done Eoin, take a very well deserved rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Congrats to him, just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Butterbeans

That really is something! Well done Enduro, fantastic achievement. 75hrs47mins - a little under 12 hours off the previous record. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Took me longer to cycle the feckin' thing!!

Great achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Fantastic! Some achievement. Can't wait to read about it all. Well done, Eoin!

This is what the tracker is showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well done enduro. Brilliant running

Advertisement