Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Have a replacement calf showing a little scour, maybe it's just adjusting to cow milk, but I'm weary it could be crypto. Vet has halacur & also Bimadine powder. Has anyone used Bimadine & what did the think of it. Use a white powder in the past, can't think what its called, comes in a big bag & you give it over 5 days

Do a dung sample. Treat for what your vet recommends while waiting for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Do a dung sample. Treat for what your vet recommends while waiting for results.

He's recommend both / either & I'm iffy on Halocur from reading here, but it could be the better product

He's recommend both / either & I'm iffy on Halocur from reading here, but it could be the better product

Wouldn't be a fan of halacur and it's a preventative not a cure. Most vets don't stock parafor though and it's better you use what he has and if you have crypto in the dung sample then you can source parafor later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

What concentration sorgene 5 are people using for crypto. .
    1:100 is on label as strongest mix but not specifically mentioning crypto. .

Some research online showing good kills at 3-5% .

What concentration sorgene 5 are people using for crypto. . 1:100 is on label as strongest mix but not specifically mentioning crypto. .

Some research online showing good kills at 3-5% .

Sorgene is great for everything other than crypto and coccidiosis. Doesn't kill those 2. Hydrogen peroxide, interkokask and others kill those 2.

• Advertisement

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Sorgene is great for everything other than crypto and coccidiosis. Doesn't kill those 2. Hydrogen peroxide, interkokask and others kill those 2.

Up to 30% hyd per in sorgene .
    Was advised to spray on sorgene straight away after washing and when the housing has dried to use something to kill the protozoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

When do you disenfect ? Is it better to disenfect a few days before the sheds are going to be used ?

whelan2 wrote: »
    When do you disenfect ? Is it better to disenfect a few days before the sheds are going to be used ?

Usually after washing .

Had a touch of crypto in later calves .
    First time it was identified.
    So open to all suggestions

Up to 30% hyd per in sorgene . Was advised to spray on sorgene straight away after washing and when the housing has dried to use something to kill the protozoa.

I've used sorgene and it won't kill crypto. I'd say the hydrogen peroxide strength is too low in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Steam clean may help prior to disinfection. Used a product to disinfect called cyclex found it good got crypto last year in first batch of calves this year only the last 4 born got it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement