Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home office + Training room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Rockyman7

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Ha, cheers Mick, if the bottom falls out of the Markets I'll always have the frame gun and chop saw ;)

Cladding on, almost finished, just need some corner trim and then paint something on those white side panels.
    z0udyJW.png

Interior with pool
    FKAM781.png

Fastlane on low
    22eLAOe.png
    humblebrag with all the weights on bench press :)....missus lookin for a new kitchen..wen u free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Oh that's beautiful KG. Many happy hours with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

This afternoon and tonight. All DIY with a little help from my young lad Ryan. Forgot how tiring manual labour is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,321 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Really impressed with that Kurt. Any links for the endless pool? Pain cave 2.0 will be a concrete base I think.

Haven't done too much more with mine really, except set up a bit of S&C corner. Blurry picture attached. No humble brags with the weights on display anyway!

Have run a satellite feed in, and have that hooked up. Also have an Android TV box ready to fit - have external ethernet to run when I get around to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I made a start on an Ikea hack I'm pretty proud of.
    Shelves bolted on multiple locations to the cabin wall. A cut out in the shelves that fits a back wheel up to the dropouts which is then locked to the shelves. Front wheel removed and a fork mount bolted to the floor which has a padlock on it.
    I don't live in a high crime area but the locks are very, very visible to any chancer looking in the window

New pain cave partially operational. Pool goes in 2 weeks and it will be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

New pain cave partially operational. Pool goes in 2 weeks and it will be finished.

Ceiling looks quite low above the treadmill, but it's probably fine for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Use of that included in your coaching JB?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Nice Jacky.... The pink lovehearts on the windows are a lovely touch

• Advertisement

BTH wrote: »
    Ceiling looks quite low above the treadmill, but it's probably fine for you :p
    Hey ginger spice:) It actually is a little tight, just about sufficient space where we have it positioned.
    joey100 wrote: »
    Use of that included in your coaching JB?????
    Haha, for testing purposes only.
    catweazle wrote: »
    Nice Jacky.... The pink lovehearts on the windows are a lovely touch
    No pink or love hearts allowed unless the girls sneak some in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Less of a training room and more a room to store my bikes I don't ride... Started today. Hopefully walls up and roof framed over the next 2-3 days.

Pretty productive couple of days. The heavy work is done now... just need to clad it, get the roof on and get the window/door in.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Pretty productive couple of days. The heavy work is done now... just need to clad it, get the roof on and get the window/door in.
    I'd try and get it weather proof over the weekend looking at the forecast!

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'd try and get it weather proof over the weekend looking at the forecast!

Have we a week of rain ahead? Back to getting to spend an hour or so a day on it now but hopefully will have the membrane on the roof and walls clad by the weekend... so, pretty sealed in

Have we a week of rain ahead?
    Potentially snow, but cold at least - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057843266

Slowly getting there. Probably two full day's work left on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Slowly getting there. Probably two full day's work left on it.

It looking good mloc, nice work!

I'm no expert but just saying this now as its easily remedied at this stage... those rafters at the back should ideally be sitting on the top plate, the roof is a heavy load so maybe put sister studs underneath them? Or else strong bolts to the existing studs? None of my business I know but better to consider now while the walls are open :o

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    It looking good mloc, nice work!

I'm no expert but just saying this now as its easily remedied at this stage... those rafters at the back should ideally be sitting on the top plate, the roof is a heavy load so maybe put sister studs underneath them? Or else strong bolts to the existing studs? None of my business I know but better to consider now while the walls are open :o

I know... originally I planned to have it 6 inches higher, built the rear wall to 7ft and then felt it was pretty imposing... so decided to drop the front wall to 7ft and hang them off the back wall instead. I am going to plate and bolt them to the rear studs, currently they are just tacked in place.

The load bearing ability of the roof will be tested in the next 2-3 days with the expected snow fall. So far so good with 5 inches in it :)

• Advertisement

Done. Finally, now to get back to cycling in my free time instead.

Latest addition

470720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I have a steel shed out my back with 50ml of kingspan in the base, walls and ceiling. I have wood and laminite flooring in as well.I use it as a gym with future potential as an office and i have to say it can get a little cold in there. I dont have any electric rads in there mind you so that would improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Latest addition

470720.jpg

How much? what max speed?

Just off the phone from the builders - will be 3.5k to replace the garage roof. budget for pain cave decreasing..........

tunney wrote: »
    How much? what max speed?

Just off the phone from the builders - will be 3.5k to replace the garage roof. budget for pain cave decreasing..........

Bought in Elverys sale but it's sold out now. The Nordictrack website have them for £1000 (T12) now. 22kph top speed and 3.0chp motor. It folds up too so not too greedy on space

I've only done a 5 and 8 mile run on it so far but I'm happy so far

I had been looking at a treadmill too for my shed. Any concerns about moisture in the cabin still ricky? How did you chose that treadmill? Only asking cos I've gone blurry eyed looking at them, lot use different names across europe so can be hard getting decent reviews.

A big part of what made me go for that one was the need to spend some One4All vouchers I'd accumulated. There are some better offers (or at least were) on Nordictrack online.
    Another consideration was delivery and install. Most places outside Ireland will do kerbside delivery only. Elverys did delivery to a ground floor room only but assembly for an extra 50 quid. It was worth it as the lads put it together in 20 minutes and took all the cardboard away.

Then it was down to reviews I could find online. I spent about a month looking before I settled on a brand.

On moisture, no problems in the last year but I've barely been going anywhere on the turbo.
    Today, with all the windows closed there was a fair bit of moisture when I was done. I have a dehumidifier but couldn't hurt to crack a window

Cheers for that, up until about 2 months ago I had been using stuff that's like big containers of the silca salts. Got a dehumidifier just before christmas and I'm surprised with the amount of water coming out of it. Seems to be making a big difference. Shows how much moisture does be in the air when you are training, more so in winter when the windows and doors are closed with the weather.

Life fitness commercial treadmill the way to go.

Moisture a big issue for me with the pool, extraction is critical as I already blew one motor board

• Advertisement

joey100 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, up until about 2 months ago I had been using stuff that's like big containers of the silca salts. Got a dehumidifier just before christmas and I'm surprised with the amount of water coming out of it. Seems to be making a big difference. Shows how much moisture does be in the air when you are training, more so in winter when the windows and doors are closed with the weather.
    I thought the dehumidifiers only really worked with heat? That was what I took from research/ googling when I was looking at them for the campervan.

Mine isn't completely sealed - I've insulated and lined the walls, but the shed roof is still just a shed roof. I don't know if that makes a difference, but the books I have out there don't seem to be getting damp anyway.

Advertisement