Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Friends?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

snowflaker wrote: »
    time may seem elastic- but it isn't. That I do know.

Hence my use of the word 'seem'. Perception.

snowflaker wrote: »
    time may seem elastic- but it isn't. That I do know.

Einstein would disagree.

Time is elastic as explained by the theory of special relativity. Time dilates and contracts depending on the velocity of an entity relative to the speed of light in comparison to another entity.

A proper physicist would explain it better, I don't really understand it myself.

The concept of time also varies in different cultures, so could be considered elastic in that way too.

Sorry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Candie wrote: »
    Einstein would disagree.

Time is elastic as explained by the theory of special relativity. Time dilates and contracts depending on the velocity of an entity relative to the speed of light in comparison to another entity.

A proper physicist would explain it better, I don't really understand it myself.

The concept of time also varies in different cultures, so could be considered elastic in that way too.

Sorry. :)

It spacial relativity not special relativity lol.

And no I am not a physicist but Stephen Hawking is an idol of mine. He is a a genius and also as a great sense of humor too.

As for having friends on Boards.ie

Nope I have a big fat 0 but have sent friend requests. I just think other people don,t need or want friends on here.
    I must be just to complicated or weird for people on here lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    It spacial relativity not special relativity lol.

And no I am not a physicist but Stephen Hawking is an idol of mine. He is a a genius and also as a great sense of humor too.

As for having friends on Boards.ie

Nope I have a big fat 0 but have sent friend requests. I just think other people don,t need or want friends on here.
    I must be just to complicated or weird for people on here lol.

No, it's special relativity!
    In physics, special relativity (SR, also known as the special theory of relativity or STR) is the generally accepted and experimentally well-confirmed physical theory regarding the relationship between space and time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

absolutely not. if someone tried to friend me I would freak out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Glenster wrote: »
    absolutely not. if someone tried to friend me I would freak out.

Oooooo let's all send friend requests.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Candie wrote: »

Awe ok then. I always thought it was spacial lol. You learn something everyday :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement