Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Friends?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sent peeps Friend reqs there. Accept at yere peril! :D I r a crazy odd insane person. :pac:

Add ALL of the Boardsies peeps.

Sidenote: What's the difference between Boards Contacts and Boards Friends anyone know? I go to add a new friend, and I get asked if I want to also add this person to Contacts but they've already been added to Contacts before consulting me first it seems. :)

Also, I've a feeling I've asked this before, but may I ask, why do you feel the need to highlight that Claire has an i?!? Doesn't the name Claire usually have an i?!? :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

Sent peeps Friend reqs there. Accept at yere peril! :D I r a crazy odd insane person. :pac:

Add ALL of the Boardsies peeps.

Sidenote: What's the difference between Boards Contacts and Boards Friends anyone know? I go to add a new friend, and I get asked if I want to also add this person to Contacts but they've already been added to Contacts before consulting me first it seems. :)

friend request sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Let's hope op doesn't get board with new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Billy86 wrote: »
    Surely I can't be the only one who read this as 'nobody lubes me'? :confused:

Don't worry, you're in 'safe hands' ;)

Before long claire, you'll av more friends than you need & the thread will change to 'I don't have the time anymore to spend with my friends' ;)
    but let's hope it doesn't come to that:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Also, I've a feeling I've asked this before, but may I ask, why do you feel the need to highlight that Claire has an i?!? Doesn't the name Claire usually have an i?!? :D:confused:

Oh. Until this moment I read that as Claire, with Ani (pronounced Annie), as in her partner maybe? It's so obvious now! :rolleyes:

Thanks for that miss tear heus (pronounced house)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Oh. Until this moment I read that as Claire, with Ani (pronounced Annie), as in her partner maybe? It's so obvious now! :rolleyes:

Well done mrs marple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OP has seven friends now. Mark that down as a success Claire with an i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I have 223 friends according to Facebook......so, fcuk yis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I have 223 friends according to Facebook......so, fcuk yis.

But what about snapchat

But what about snapchat

I'm lacking there unfortunately. Dog filters ain't helping either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Had a good few friends on Boards over the years but most don't post much anymore tbh. One left to sell clothes, one works down the coast (Wexford forum regular now). One had two kids but now lives alone (runs a MGTOW blog last I heard). One had a brother overdose (a Christian brother now, not his actual brother) in his gaff apparently. One is already on his second wife (first wife ran off with a Boardsie he introduced her to at an AH Beers).

/kicks loop pedal

But these people raised me!!

Had a good few friends on Boards over the years but most don't post much anymore tbh. One left to sell clothes, one works down the coast (Wexford forum regular now). One had two kids but now lives alone (runs a MGTOW blog last I heard). One had a brother overdose (a Christian brother now, not his actual brother) in his gaff apparently. One is already on his second wife (first wife ran off with a Boardsie he introduced her to at an AH Beers).

/kicks loop pedal

TBH, I've been around long enough to say....I ain't surprised. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Careful Claire, you might end up with so many 'friends' that they all start arguing with each other and you might have to decide which to de-friend
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

0 here too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I have no friends here, none, not one, zero, nowth

Why cant someone be my friend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

/kicks loop pedal

Thanks Ed.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't have Boards friends but I don't see the point of them. Unlike Facebook nobody as a personal Wall with statuses to comment on. Because of the format of Boards I think having friends would make it too cliquey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Osarusan's friend list is empty.

Osarusan is not a member of any groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Ah is that the reason for me...

Hold on I just checked I am using the legacy site & I still have nobody :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I had two but one of them has left:( The B Man is still here tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

OP, I don't care.

I have a few enemies on boards, - they are long ignored.

On balance though, boards has benefited me - got to fly my drone on farm where another boardsie lived.

This illustrates my attitude towards boards:

A while back, many students in a secondary school class which had been reprimanded joined boards.ie to project themselves as heroes and a thread was created by one of them in the Leaving Cert thread.

Their argument was quickly shot down, and closed though. They ended up looking stupid.

Ah OP I wouldn't worry at all. As far as the actual friends list thing goes it really doesn't mean anything. I have a few and it's because they come across interesting and I like their posting style. That's it. There are a few I am very friendly with in real life but I don't place any importance in the list.

There are maybe two posters who I chat with but haven't yet met and I would consider them friends. The rest of yee are a grand bunch. I have nobody on ignore. Posts don't bother me enough to do that. You're not going to like everyone and everyone isn't going to like you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

** stalks own profile**

OK I have friends, but most of whom have long since stopped posting I think. I get the occasional PM about posts I've made but that's it.

Like Polly I've no-one on ignore for the same reason. Plus it's a forum on the Internet - you're not meant to take it too seriously! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I don't have any friends who are Boardsies.

I didn't come here to make friends, I came here to party and fcuk bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

__Alex__ wrote: »
    Lighten up. Most human beings realise that time can seem a bit elastic at times. But you know that. It's not a mathematics issue. But you know that too. ;)

time may seem elastic- but it isn't. That I do know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Elemonator wrote: »
    I don't have any friends who are Boardsies.

I didn't come here to make friends, I came here to party and fcuk bitches.

Hows that working out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

snowflaker wrote: »
    Hows that working out for you?

I must admit, it has been harder than expected. Got dick caught in ceiling fan.........

Advertisement