Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 31 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think lots of hits are needed. Would like to bring in the below at some stage. Am I mad bringing in Alli for Sanchez? Will Origi get much gametime, if Mane is out?

Azpi > Boro def, Chambers/Fabio/Barrogan
    Funes Mori > Stephens
    Sanchez > Alli
    Costa > Kane
    Lukaku > Aguero
    Crouch > Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea haven't kept a cs in 7 games now. I'm thinking of selling Alonso.

6 of those they only conceded one so it's not like they haven't been close. Add in Alonso's attacking role and an upcoming double and i'd recommend to hold. You'll definitely want a Chelsea def come gw36 (if not gw34..), so keep that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    Coutinho/Firmino/Eriksen

This will mean I would need to go for 5.1 or less defender when replacing Alonso. Leaves things right.

I do agree on Son over Walcott the next 3 games that's why I'm debating.

Will Liverpool fire without Mane, I don't think so.

What we'd Firmono's stats when Mane was out and Firmino played out wide?

ElTel wrote: »
    Assuming he becomes a rotation risk then Son has 3 games probably before Kane is back. Son before Walcott for me.

As a Kun and Carroll owner (3-5-2) I'm still working on your second question.

Carroll will become Ibra by GW34 is my plan.

If not for Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Mané to Sane in the end. Llorente can stay on the bench this week until I decide who to sell him for.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This will mean I would need to go for 5.1 or less defender when replacing Alonso. Leaves things right.

I do agree on Son over Walcott the next 3 games that's why I'm debating.

Will Liverpool fire without Mane, I don't think so.

What we'd Firmono's stats when Mane was out and Firmino played out wide?

Liverpool did struggle without Mane. Though nothing's confirmed how long Mane will be out for. I'd go Walcott over Son. Son didn't even start yesterday and Kane not too far from a return

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

6 of those they only conceded one so it's not like they haven't been close. Add in Alonso's attacking role and an upcoming double and i'd recommend to hold. You'll definitely want a Chelsea def come gw36 (if not gw34..), so keep that in mind

They could have the league won before the dgw is my thinking.

They could have the league won before the dgw is my thinking.

Hmmm not too sure about that! They looked very nervy yesterday and i'd fancy Spurs to make ground over the next 3

Hmmm not too sure about that! They looked very nervy yesterday and i'd fancy Spurs to make ground over the next 3

And if that happens Alonso shouldn't score too highly. I know I'm contradicting myself by saying Chelsea could have the league wrapped up by gw 37 and on the flip side I'm also thinking they have a fair chance of no cs in the next four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Will probably go Mane and Llorente to Pedro and Vardy. Want Sane but 0.2 short, so have to go Pedro instead unless I want to do -8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

1 hit...

Mané --> Coutinho
    Lukaku --> Vardy

Like the look of my team for next GW actually...need to bench one of Ayew, Barkley or Siggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Cartman78 wrote:
    Like the look of my team for next GW actually...need to bench one of Ayew, Barkley or Siggy

I reckon a lot of people will have selection headaches next week.
    I've to play one from Siggy, King, Alonso and Baines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Carroll will become Ibra by GW34 is my plan.

If not for Origi

Has the physio guy from FFS given his Mane assessment?

Coutinho/Firmino/Eriksen

Would you triple up on Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Benimar wrote:
    I might transfer out one letter. Mane to Sane

Mane to Sane,I'm a poet and didn't know it

They're insane transfers ;-)

• Advertisement

Eriksen/Alli double up in midfield and a Spurs defender could be profitable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dearg81 wrote: »
    They're insane transfers ;-)

Or inMane transfers, if you will. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Llorente to Ibra and Mane to Zaha done with my 2ft's
    Funes mori can stay as I'm happy with the 3 defenders I'm starting and likely to replace him with either chambers or Holgate who wouldn't be in my starting 11 this week anyway.
    Hopefully chambers be back for the weekend games.

Very soft fixtures coming up, so could be a profitable triple up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Would Ageuro and Llorente to Ibra and Gray for a -4 be a bad decision lads?

• Advertisement

domrush wrote: »
    Would Ageuro and Llorente to Ibra and Gray for a -4 be a bad decision lads?

Just do LLorente to Origi and save yourself the 4. Then gw32 Aguero is a superb captain option

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Have just enough to do Sanchez and Ibra in for Aguero & Mane this evening before price change. but it feels so wrong taking Sergio out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mane to Alli done. Struggling for a Captain this week, really considering Heaton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mane to San(c)hez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I sold him in my WC, happy with the decision

Chelsea haven't kept a cleanie in ages and I expect rotation to be an issue once they win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mane to Sanchez done

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

Coutinho or Alli captain?

thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

sheroman01 wrote: »

Azpi > Boro def, Chambers/Fabio/Barrogan

Which boro defender is best ? I'm shipping azpili at the earliest convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Out:
    Mane
    'Big Handsome' Andy Carroll :(

In:
    Zaha
    Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mane and Defoe out, Coutinho and Vardy in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mdwexford wrote: »
    Mane and Defoe out, Coutinho and Vardy in.

For a hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brady and mane out
    Zaha and alli in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

For a hit?

Yep.

Coutinho in for Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    Mane injury means I play Alonso as a 4-4-2 midweek if I get Ibra for Kun with FT. Tempted by Son. It will max me out on Spurs and cost me a transfer for Kane down the line but Bavies will become a boro defender around then.

Is referring to Ben Davies as "Bavies" a thing now? I saw a similar reference in the match day thread. If so, I approve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ElTel wrote:
    Mane injury means I play Alonso as a 4-4-2 midweek if I get Ibra for Kun with FT. Tempted by Son. It will max me out on Spurs and cost me a transfer for Kane down the line but Bavies will become a boro defender around then.

Is referring to Ben Davies as "Bavies" a thing now? I saw a similar reference in the match day thread. If so, I approve.
    Imagine it's being used as there's a Davies for Everton and Southampton also I think.

Anyway, De Gea or Jaku start lads? Main rival has double United defence. I'm around 40 points behind so I'm tempted to go De Gea to avoid further pain if United keep the CS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-team-news-everton-12832418

Mourinho says he WILL rotate regulars if united slip out of top 4 race before Europa league game

I was all set to get zlatan this week
    But if they lose or even don't win to Chelsea GW 33 then the rest of the season and DGW 34 becomes a lottery

Lukaku to zlatan for -4 doesn't seem to sensible now does it ..........but I have Sterling and llorente as well this week who I want to bench and chambers
    One of them has to go and their replacements don't have good fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I was 0.1 short from doing a straight Mané to Sanchez move annoyingly. I decided to swap Mané + Sterling for Sanchez + Zaha for a hit in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mané & Monreal out

San(c)hez & Fuchs in for a -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Mane -> Coutinho
    Llorente -> Origi
    Antonio -> Mahrez

or

Mane -> Sanchez
    Llorente -> Vardy
    Antonio -> Bench fodder

Toying between the 2 above for a minus 4. Whichever Leicester player I get i'll be captaining - they're in great form and Sunderland are woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Going nuts this gameweek and taking my first -12 ever:

Mane > Alli
    Lukaku > Ibrahamovic
    Diomande > Gestede
    Siggurdson > Sane

Sheer madness, though I have given up the ghost of winning my ML and will focus now on getting the manager of the month awards in the ML (points hits do no count against the manager of the month)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm also thinking of a -8 or -12 soon too.

How likely is Origi to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nailed on for Tuesday unless Mané makes a miraculous recovery

If mane is out he will 100% start .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Me too. Can get back in on WC for their doubles if need be.

Frees up cash for Vardy to Ibra in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Antonio to Zaha done. Banking the hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thoughts on cheap / mid range strikers?

Negredo 6.1 - amazing fixtures including a DGW but such a poor points return this season (6 goals and 2 assists).  Boro fighting for survival and will need wins

Benteke 7.0 - finding form in the form team in the league, always rated him as a layer. Has a DGW but horrible fixtures.  Then again, Benteke has a history of scoring against big teams

Origi 6.1 - No DGW, but Liverpool have favourable fixtures.  Injuries are racking up so he could be a guaranteed starter until end of season potentially.  Fairly decent return vs minutes played and Liverpool possibly finding form again.

Defoe is possibly another candidate but he's really dried up lately.  Any other options?

Will probably wait on Mane before deciding.  The extra 0.9 to spend on defence has me leaning towards Origi despite the lack of DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Morzadec wrote: »

Negredo 6.1 - amazing fixtures including a DGW but such a poor points return this season (6 goals and 2 assists).  Boro fighting for survival and will need wins

Benteke 7.0 - finding form in the form team in the league, always rated him as a layer. Has a DGW but horrible fixtures.  Then again, Benteke has a history of scoring against big teams

Origi 6.1 - No DGW, but Liverpool have favourable fixtures.  Injuries are racking up so he could be a guaranteed starter until end of season potentially.  Fairly decent return vs minutes played and Liverpool possibly finding form again.

Defoe is possibly another candidate but he's really dried up lately.  Any other options?

Will probably wait on Mane before deciding.  The extra 0.9 to spend on defence has me leaning towards Origi despite the lack of DGW

I got on the Origi train last time Mane was out (AFCON), and it didn't go so well. If Mane is out for long then I'm largely happy to get off the Liverpool points lottery and favour form DGW players from the likes of Spurs.

I find the cheaper strikers hard to pick from, so I tend to go for 3 premium up front, I'd probably consider Benteke of the three above though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pedro to Sane for -4 which will allow some consideration to sell Aguero for Ibra for DGW but that depends on how Utd look with players like Mata missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Morzadec wrote: »

Benteke would be my pick

• Advertisement
Advertisement