Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 31 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Going nuts this gameweek and taking my first -12 ever:

Mane > Alli
    Lukaku > Ibrahamovic
    Diomande > Gestede
    Siggurdson > Sane

Sheer madness, though I have given up the ghost of winning my ML and will focus now on getting the manager of the month awards in the ML (points hits do no count against the manager of the month)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm also thinking of a -8 or -12 soon too.

How likely is Origi to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »

Nailed on for Tuesday unless Mané makes a miraculous recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If mane is out he will 100% start .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chelsea haven't kept a cs in 7 games now. I'm thinking of selling Alonso.

Me too. Can get back in on WC for their doubles if need be.

Frees up cash for Vardy to Ibra in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Antonio to Zaha done. Banking the hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thoughts on cheap / mid range strikers?

Negredo 6.1 - amazing fixtures including a DGW but such a poor points return this season (6 goals and 2 assists).  Boro fighting for survival and will need wins

Benteke 7.0 - finding form in the form team in the league, always rated him as a layer. Has a DGW but horrible fixtures.  Then again, Benteke has a history of scoring against big teams

Origi 6.1 - No DGW, but Liverpool have favourable fixtures.  Injuries are racking up so he could be a guaranteed starter until end of season potentially.  Fairly decent return vs minutes played and Liverpool possibly finding form again.

Defoe is possibly another candidate but he's really dried up lately.  Any other options?

Will probably wait on Mane before deciding.  The extra 0.9 to spend on defence has me leaning towards Origi despite the lack of DGW

Morzadec wrote: »

Negredo 6.1 - amazing fixtures including a DGW but such a poor points return this season (6 goals and 2 assists).  Boro fighting for survival and will need wins

Benteke 7.0 - finding form in the form team in the league, always rated him as a layer. Has a DGW but horrible fixtures.  Then again, Benteke has a history of scoring against big teams

Origi 6.1 - No DGW, but Liverpool have favourable fixtures.  Injuries are racking up so he could be a guaranteed starter until end of season potentially.  Fairly decent return vs minutes played and Liverpool possibly finding form again.

Defoe is possibly another candidate but he's really dried up lately.  Any other options?

Will probably wait on Mane before deciding.  The extra 0.9 to spend on defence has me leaning towards Origi despite the lack of DGW

I got on the Origi train last time Mane was out (AFCON), and it didn't go so well. If Mane is out for long then I'm largely happy to get off the Liverpool points lottery and favour form DGW players from the likes of Spurs.

I find the cheaper strikers hard to pick from, so I tend to go for 3 premium up front, I'd probably consider Benteke of the three above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pedro to Sane for -4 which will allow some consideration to sell Aguero for Ibra for DGW but that depends on how Utd look with players like Mata missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Morzadec wrote: »

Benteke would be my pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd take a short term punt on Origi and then bring in Gabiadini when fit. I'd take Zaha over Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've been thinking so long about avoiding Man City players this weekend thinking they'd rotate ahead of Champions League. I'm not the brightest clearly.

CSF wrote: »
    I've been thinking so long about avoiding Man City players this weekend thinking they'd rotate ahead of Champions League. I'm not the brightest clearly.

One of the reasons I held Aguero. Hull game would've been a major rotation risk if they were still in ECL.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Manolo Gabbiadini [groin] has been ruled out of the game against Crystal Palace. #SaintsFC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Banking for the first time in forever after a successful wildcard. Feels strange

At this stage maybe 1 week punts are the way to go. My new plan, which will forever change.

GW31: Costa > Vardy
    GW32: Vardy > Aguero, Azpi > Stephens/cheap def (-4)
    GW33: Aguero > Kane, and possibly a (-4) for Siggy > Alli
    GW34+: F**ck knows what will happen by now. 0.7m left for whatever is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

tailgunner wrote: »
    Antonio to Zaha done. Banking the hit this week.

This is the new in phrase, being a serial -4 guy myself i found this funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Selling Mané. Zaha or King? upcoming fixtures for both are tough

Sell Carroll or LLorente for Vardy?

Definitely sell LLorente for Vardy, LLorente is injured, and Carroll has decent enough fixtures upcoming.

Lots of people bringing in Zaha despite his tough fixtures. If I didn't already have him I wouldn't chance him myself.

Can you afford Sane (7.5) or Son (7.0) instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Mane and Phillips (finally!) out for Zaha and Eriksen. Doubling up in midfield on Spurs, with Walker at the back too. I'm hoping their nice run of fixtures will reap benefits.

I had fully intended to get Ibra and Sanchez in this week but now have neither! Main reason being that I am backing Aguero to be a better bet than Ibra from now til the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Definitely sell LLorente for Vardy, LLorente is injured, and Carroll has decent enough fixtures upcoming.

Lots of people bringing in Zaha despite his tough fixtures. If I didn't already have him I wouldn't chance him myself.

Can you afford Sane (7.5) or Son (7.0) instead?

No, 6.4 is what I have. Could afford Sane if I make a 3rd transfer which would be -8 and sell either Alonso or Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'll join the Vardy train for midweek, then onto Kane hopefully next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Definitely keep Carroll....very unlucky not to hit double digits in last two games imho.

He could do serious damage against Arsenal if he gets any sort of service

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Definitely keep Carroll....very unlucky not to hit double digits in last two games imho.

He could do serious damage against Arsenal if he gets any sort of service

Very unlucky is the story of Carroll's life though. And are West Ham poor without Antonio.

Ah Feck it, 2 votes to sell Llorente so he is going, going.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A word of caution on Vardy FPLers!

If we assume he starts midweek he could be rested on Sunday (away to Everton) for CL on Wednesday.
    He could also be rested the following Saturday (GW33 away to Palace) before the second leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Gabbi to vardy

Mane to son I think! Anyone think I'm mad? I'll have 2 x Leicester 3x Spurs this week then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ElTel wrote: »
    A word of caution on Vardy FPLers!

If we assume he starts midweek he could be rested on Sunday (away to Everton) for CL on Wednesday.
    He could also be rested the following Saturday (GW33 away to Palace) before the second leg.

Apart from his red and subsequent ban earlier he hasn't missed a game.

Why do you think he will now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

F1ngers wrote: »
    Apart from his red and subsequent ban earlier he hasn't missed a game.

Why do you think he will now?

Assuming they prioritise the CL I think he'll miss or be benched in at least one of the GWs I mentioned. The same for Mahrez. I don't think they're a buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Aguero -> Ibra
    Lallana -> zaha

Sanchez captain.

Done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thinking of bringing in Origi for Costa....

Is Origi nailed on to start next few games do people think?

Advertisement