Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fools!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,087 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Esel wrote: »
    What that?

One of the secretaries gave him a call, saying a new Client wanted a call back, called Annie Lyons and gave him the phone number to Dublin Zoo.

Juvenile I know, but we couldn't believe he fell for it.

He made the call and even missed the "hello, Dublin Zoo?" part - went straight to ask to speak to Annie Lyons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

'dissed'. 'youse'. i think op may be 7.
    april fool - yuk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Whats a tweenie pig?

Peppa pig maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Have always wanted to fake a lotto win for a family member or friend. Would have to supply them the "winning" numbers after seeing their ticket beforehand. Would be difficult, but my god what an April fools that would be!

"Hold on a second! DON'T call that Ferrari dealership just yet.............you actually DIDN'T win the Euromillions jackpot at all!! APRIL FOOLS!!!!!"

Only problem would be never speaking to that person again. A small sacrifice in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd say abortion clinics get a good few inquiries from concerned boyfriends before 12 noon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Pippa! wrote: »
    So, anyone doing anything fun to anyone else tomorrow?!

The family are headed out for a nice big meal in a fancy restaurant on a voucher I gave them.

But the voucher is actually just something I made up and printed off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    The family are headed out for a nice big meal in a fancy restaurant on a voucher I gave them.

But the voucher is actually just something I made up and printed off :D

You do know the gag must be made before noon, otherwise you become the fool - ie, they'll ultimately make you get the bill!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    You do know the gag must be made before noon, otherwise you become the fool - ie, they'll ultimately make you get the bill!

I thought it was 12 midnight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I thought it was 12 midnight?

No thats Gremlins

No thats Gremlins

Its all a fib anyway but jokes on me I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Agricola wrote: »
    Have always wanted to fake a lotto win for a family member or friend. Would have to supply them the "winning" numbers after seeing their ticket beforehand. Would be difficult, but my god what an April fools that would be!

"Hold on a second! DON'T call that Ferrari dealership just yet.............you actually DIDN'T win the Euromillions jackpot at all!! APRIL FOOLS!!!!!"

Only problem would be never speaking to that person again. A small sacrifice in some cases.

My mate done that years ago,bought a ticket on saturday nite about 9,with the winning numbers from that nite,his wife didnt see the funny side and didnt talk to him for 2 days:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Erik Shin wrote: »
    I suppose once you reach adulthood, April's fools loses it novelty.
    How many posts tomorrow stating that Trump has resigned/transgendered/defected/died will we see?

Bought Liberty Hall

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/trump-dublin-us-president-buys-liberty-hall-to-build-5-star-hotel-1.3032003?mode=amp

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Two quick work related ones...

Lock the toilet door from the outside using a coin in the slot below the handle. Many people don't realise that the lock is accessible from the outside. Watch as staff and customers play the waiting game...

A sticker or white paper square sellotaped to the underside of a computer mouse. Cue shaking of mouse, frantic swiping and clicking.

Ahhhh. Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭blade1

HAHAHA APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!
    It was working!!
    My first victim and I'm still in bed!!!!
    Hook line and sinker!!!!!

Edit: your stealth delete of your post was too late Joey!!
    You got nabbed!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Hooked wrote: »
    Two quick work related ones...

Lock the toilet door from the outside using a coin in the slot below the handle. Many people don't realise that the lock is accessible from the outside. Watch as staff and customers play the waiting game...

A sticker or white paper square sellotaped to the underside of a computer mouse. Cue shaking of mouse, frantic swiping and clicking.

Ahhhh. Good times

You know when you walk into a room and people stop talking...You get a little paranoid that they were talking about you....In your case..They were!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Ear To the Ground on RTE just had a brilliant one. Complete with irate commentator. Very believable and set up beautifully by the preceding pieces on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Hey, watch this video of a man eating a normal ice cream cone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWA0UhkClI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

So annoying trying to give people serious bad news this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Agricola wrote: »

My dearly beloved late grandmother pulled this trick on her son-in-law. She lived with them and would write down the winning lotto numbers for him from the news at night. Jimmy always did the same numbers and she knew them so one night she started reading his numbers to him. He nearly collapsed. Then saw her bursting herself laughing and realised he had been got.

She was a right devil. When she was in the nursing home one April Fools day she was sitting with a big sad face on her and one of the nurses came and asked what was wrong. She said she hadn't been given breakfast and it was about 11am at this stage. The nurse started freaking out and granny just smiled and said "April fools".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My jesus.

The OP in this thread got absolutely slated at the start. So what do boards decide to do?

Stick it up as a link on their facebook page.

Fcukin hell.

"Let's advertise how sh*t and nasty the site as gone, that'll help"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

My jesus.

The OP in this thread got absolutely slated at the start. So what do boards decide to do?

Stick it up as a link on their facebook page.

Fcukin hell.

"Let's advertise how sh*t and nasty the site as gone, that'll help"

It's not so much the responses, they weren't that bad, but the number of thanks they got.

Anyway both made it up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Op, don't you dare have a bit of craic on april fools. The fun police are out in force

It's not stupid or thick. It's a joke, a parody of April Fools, not an actual April Fool. You're not supposed to be fooled by it. The author is Edmund Burke!

They're just poking a bit of fun. Lighten up lads.

The Irish Times one was pretty thick, in that I assume they thought some people would be fooled by it. #Sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Willie le Roux

• Advertisement
Advertisement